Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COLIN FARRELL LOOKS LUMPY ON ‘THE BATMAN’ SET
LINK: And does this movie take place in the 90s?
I liked the person who tweeted that he should get an Oscar nomination. I guess for wearing makeup??

Wait'll they find out about Danny DeVito's snub!
They coulda just cast Russell Crowe...
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Turturro's Falcone looking very Quintana-like.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
I just -- I just wish we could get a more comics-accurate Penguin. I know he looks goofy, but so does the eleventeenth Batman in all-black body armor. So what? Get goofy.
At the very least, a monocle would be nice.
Got to save something for the mid-credits scene...a monocle might be worthy of a might cheer or gasp on opening night (/s).

Edit: Not a zing at Pither...I’d love a monocle as well for the character. I was making a comment more reflective of the nonsense that gets emotional reactions from post-credits malarkey.
I'm not Avery.
If this takes place in the 90s, then he's gonna fight Joaquin.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(10-13-2020, 06:31 PM)bradito Wrote: I just -- I just wish we could get a more comics-accurate Penguin. I know he looks goofy, but so does the eleventeenth Batman in all-black body armor. So what? Get goofy.

I'm VERY MUCH of this feeling about Batman in general... BUUUUUUT it's clear Reeves wants to do a gritty grim open your wrists dour grounded movie. I hope it's really, REALLY good... But man oh man I hope it's a one and done.

Tying this movie to Joker is just dumb enough that they'd do it. How old would that make Phoenix's Joker in this universe? 60 minimum?
The movie does not take place in the 90s. The trailer clearly shows someone with a modern cell phone taped to their hand. The film takes place in the now.

ETA: Go to the 1:09 mark of the trailer. The film isn't a period piece.

ETA @: Go to the 1:44 mark. One of the Penguin's goons is clearly recording the beatdown on a mobile device.

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(10-13-2020, 11:15 PM)first class 782 Wrote: Got to save something for the mid-credits scene...a monocle might be worthy of a might cheer or gasp on opening night (/s).

Edit: Not a zing at Pither...I’d love a monocle as well for the character. I was making a comment more reflective of the nonsense that gets emotional reactions from post-credits malarkey.

I got what you were saying, and I can easily picture it. It would be dumb, but I'd still take it over ignoring the character's iconography all-together. It'd be a shame to just make the Penguin a generic gangster.
(10-14-2020, 08:21 AM)MichaelM Wrote: The movie does not take place in the 90s. The trailer clearly shows someone with a modern cell phone taped to their hand. The film takes place in the now.

ETA: Go to the 1:09 mark of the trailer. The film isn't a period piece.

ETA @: Go to the 1:44 mark. One of the Penguin's goons is clearly recording the beatdown on a mobile device.

For sure not using Phoenix as Joker then. One and done.