Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GET A LOAD OF MORE SKARSGÅRD IN NEW TRAILER FOR ‘THE STAND’
LINK: Glen Bateman smokes a vape. I repeat: Glen Bateman smokes a vape
Been really underwhelmed by both trailers. Maybe this just isn't a story that'll work off the page.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I'd argue it doesn't fully work ON the page.
There are rough patches, for sure, but it does work.

Then again, I'm one of the weirdos who likes the climax in Vegas (though I hate the epilogue).
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I really think the only way to make a good adaptation of The Stand is to just use the premise and some of the characters. Throw the rest out!
As a fan of the novel, I have to give this a chance. It was good to see a quick shot of Bateman. He is my favorite character in the novel. I like that he used his background in sociology to rationalize living in a post apocalyptic world.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!