Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The FRAME WORK Podcast thread
Since we're winding down with our Tarantino conversations, but not with the show, this is a thread for Frame Work, Schwartz and my podcast.

Here's a new one on Lovecraft Country and Horror on TV.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Schwartz and I are talking about robots and artificial intelligence this week. Had a lot of fun with this one, and I hope you guys like it.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Arjen ... you DO KNOW you can ACTUALLY just rename the original thread, right?
Sounds like something a filthy ROWBUT would suggest to me.
He’s not wrong, Bucho. That’s some goddamn circuithead propaganda. And you should probably watch it with that kind of talk. We know you’re human, but do the newer posters?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I always knew bucho was a robut. I've always said that
01001101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01110010 01100101 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110110 01100101 01100001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100001
I knew it always
(12-10-2020, 01:29 AM)Nooj Wrote: I always knew bucho was a robut.  I've always said that

You have always said that.  Whenever it comes up, in exactly those words.  Almost like you were programmed to do so...
wubwubwubwub
*Beep boop* I still can't believe you would want to abandon the many pages worth of Frame Work discussion stored in the original thread. *Whirring servo noises* Here, at least, is a link to that thread: http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread....t+question

(12-09-2020, 01:59 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: I hope you guys like it.

It was my favourite no-guest episode yet, although I was a little put out by the dearth of conversation about Bicentennial Man.
Anyway, we did have a lot of fun with the rowbut one. Some heady stuff, and more A.X.L. talk than you can shake a stick at.

ETA: I didn't mean to impugn you guys' stick-shaking skills, which I know to be in the very toppest of notches
I just finished listening. Good, fun discussion! I wish it'd kept going!
Yes, it was way too short. Not even enough time to branch off into discussion of films about robotically-enhanced human function such as the Albert Pyun classic Cyborg.
We really try to keep things closer to the 60 than 90 minute mark, but perhaps trying to track 150 years worth of robot fiction was biting off more than we could really chew for a one-off. In any case, thanks for the kind words!
My programming calculates that 60 to 90 minutes for 150 years is only 24 to 36 seconds per year.
Well, the invention of the concept of robots was in a German play written in 1920, so your cyber math has failed you up front.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
sounds like a buncha robutt talk up in here

bloop bleep
I was fudging the math to include FRANKENSTEIN, which in novel form is a spritely 202 years old. As we went in to in the podcast, the monster isn't a robot but it is an artificial intelligence of a sort.
I enjoyed the brief derail about Michael Crichton. I find it weird that he didn't believe in climate change. Since corporations where the real villains of Jurassic Park, The Lost World and Timeline, he seems to be the guy who would believe scientists over CEOs and politicians.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
A new episode on Fargo Season 4, with a dollop of Mandalorian talk at the end
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Your good pal Bucho joins us to talk about The Mandalorian and the upcoming fleet of Star Wars shows.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Oh neat, you guys have a podcast now? I'll have to check it out.
Bucho was a good guest host.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
You have great taste in podcast guests Chaz. I've always said that.
I was thinking a bit about how to get into The Clone Wars after this chat so I wrote up a post in the Clone Wars thread (it ended up being long and I didn't want to clog up the Frame Work thread).

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread....pid4760081
Al and I make a sober accounting of the WW84 experience.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
While listening to the WW84 episode, I realized that the mechanics of bringing a character back to life was done better in Highlander 2.

Evans is my favorite Chris. He has been my favorite MCU character since The Winter Soldier. He did a great job playing a smug prick in Knives Out. Finally he was funny in Not Another Teen Movie.
NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE is actually kinda alright.

My favorite Chris rotates between Hemsworth/Evans/Pine based on which one I watched most recently.  I guess Pratt is kind of a dipstick irl, but he's pretty much perfect as the kinda-dipstick Star Lord, so I don't dislike him or anything.

Anyhow, here's our final thoughts/rankings on the whole bloody QT affair.
On the latest thrilling installment of Frame Work, a look at the 'Adventure' genre, in all its glory!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
ASSANTE!!!
Crossing my fingers that there's at least 2 minutes on how splendid Romancing The Stone is.
Just a passing mention, I'm afraid. That's one that I've never actually seen start to finish.

Now share your personal story of discovering Armand Assante or GTFO.
GLADIATOR didn’t happen?
And BRAVEHEART got a couple dates wrong, I'm afraid...