Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Motherfucker Gave Me Negative Rep
Fat Elvis is gonna come back in here and not be very happy to see what's become of this thread..

I'm sure once he returns and it is at about 9 pages, he will be able to parse the good humor from downright mockery.
I for one would be delighted if this became of one of my threads.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Agreed!
Ironically, the only negative rep Fat Elvis has at present are two marks....for this thread.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I wonder why negative rep would bother him so much when he undoubtedly received it from "the little people"* around here that he's "stepped on"* and not the "Gods walking the earth."* Which is which?

*Depression thread

I was the one who initially gave him negative rep for his hissy fit over the negative response he received for his prison rape remark. I have since removed it, because I realized it was a no-no or whatever and it simply wasn't worth the hassle. I am one of the little people. I am Spartacus.

Funny thing is that people used to give negative rep ALL THE TIME. I think I got my first from Devin during, like, my first week of posting.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
(01-13-2021, 11:35 AM)sean blackwell Wrote: I was the one who initially gave him negative rep for his hissy fit over the negative response he received for his prison rape remark. I have since removed it, because I realized it was a no-no or whatever and it simply wasn't worth the hassle.  I am one of the little people.  I am Spartacus.

We're all the little people. I like movies he doesn't. Nevermind the movies I like that he DOES like. But that's beside the point. I'm curious who the Gods are..

(01-13-2021, 11:37 AM)Evi Wrote: Funny thing is that people used to give negative rep ALL THE TIME. I think I got my first from Devin during, like, my first week of posting.

I was never important enough to earn negative rep from DF, just an occasional sneering response on the boards.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

the thing is, WHO GIVES A SHIT? How does having a point of negative rep on the board really effect your life? It's not going to cost you money in the real world, it's not going to prevent you from winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Just roll with it and let it go...it's no big deal.

Fuck, Duke Fleed got neg repped to the nth degree. Pretty sure he survived and is off doing his thing.
I mean, I generally wish Elvis well, and have defended him at times when I thought the pile-ons he invited were getting unfair. But I can't pretend this thread is not hysterical coming from someone that has spent most of the last decade loudly bemoaning what oversensitive babies internet film fans have become.
This thread, immediately on the heels of calling us "over sensitive males" and "complete pussies" is just the height of pot and kettle-ness. He can either come back and see the humor in it (which...ironically, would save him A LOT more face) or he can disappear further up his own ass with a SOME MOTHERFUCKERS MOTHERFUCKER'D UP MY SOME MOTHERFUCKER GAVE ME NEGATIVE REP THREAD thread instead of just going "yeah, I had a moment" and laughing with us and riding it out till it's forgotten. Which it inevitably will be...and then he can get back to business as usual..

Oh, no. I've learned my lesson. And if any of you sonsa bitches even THINK about giving me negative rep (which would undoubtedly cost me my job as a Gentleman of Flawless Reputation), you will feel the sting of my dueling glove as it rebukes your dastardly cheek.
(01-13-2021, 11:56 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: the thing is, WHO GIVES A SHIT? How does having a point of negative rep on the board really effect your life? It's not going to cost you money in the real world, it's not going to prevent you from winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Just roll with it and let it go...it's no big deal.

Fuck, Duke Fleed got neg repped to the nth degree. Pretty sure he survived and is off doing his thing.

I like to think so anyway. Legend has it that on a quiet night, when you listen real close, you can hear him celebrating terrible films with bad puns.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
That's just me celebrating terrible films with complete sincerity. Duke is long gone..

(01-13-2021, 10:17 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Fat Elvis is gonna come back in here and not be very happy to see what's become of this thread..

We could fill the rest of the thread up with Van Halen clips from Youtube to even it out.
(01-13-2021, 05:27 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 10:17 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Fat Elvis is gonna come back in here and not be very happy to see what's become of this thread..

We could fill the rest of the thread up with Van Halen clips from Youtube to even it out.

'Here are the 10 movies that I'm going to watch today.'
Meh, according to him, I've never had an intelligent opinion, so by that logic, none of this should really bother him.

I'm still reeling from his "little people" comment. He's basing that on what? He looks down his nose at me and Fraid, but the latter builds shit for rock stars for a pretty hefty wage, and the producer I write for recently hired me to do another screenplay. How exactly are we "little people"? We've both done work in and around the industries he idolizes tirelessly. I just don't fully get his psyche.
From context, I thought it was clear that what Elvis was saying there was that he was shitty to people earlier in his life (and not even people on the boards, from what I could tell), and that he regretted it now. I would think the only way to take that as a personal assault would be willfully.

Not a fan of weaponizing people's posts in the Depression thread. Kind of makes the whole 'these boards are full of the jolliest good sorts that ever loved being friends!' thing feel like bullshit.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
It's the phrasing, dude. He's very clear: Little people. Why not just "I was an asshole to people"? The adjective tells us what he actually thinks. And nobody's weaponizing anything. They're his words. Nobody's twisting them around. And while I haven't always been civil to him, he does look down his nose at me and quite a few others. He just does. There's nothing inflammatory about my post. If you like the guy and feel bad for him, fair enough. But he has a pattern of bad behavior on this forum.
Ohh what's Fraid building?

Ask him. I found out about it recently and it's pretty cool.
Unfortunately, fraid just took a leave of absence via the "Your Community and the Covid" thread. Wish him well.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(01-13-2021, 07:04 PM)mike j Wrote: It's the phrasing, dude. He's very clear: Little people. Why not just "I was an asshole to people"? The adjective tells us what he actually thinks. And nobody's weaponizing anything. They're his words. Nobody's twisting them around. And while I haven't always been civil to him, he does look down his nose at me and quite a few others. He just does. There's nothing inflammatory about my post. If you like the guy and feel bad for him, fair enough. But he has a pattern of bad behavior on this forum.

The phrase is an idiom. In the context of 'I was an asshole to people' it implies that he once looked down on people and now regrets it.

But I'm not his lawyer. You should definitely keep shitting on him. It's funny, right?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
No, it's not funny. It's clear he has some things going on and that empathy is definitely warranted. We may not get along and have said some shitty things to each other, but I do feel for him and hope he pulls through.

However, feeling sorry for someone and calling out their bull shit aren't mutually exclusive. But if this is going to be a sore spot for a lot of people, I'll step out.
Yeah, that's all I meant. Guy has got his demons. Peace be unto you all.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Every now and then I think about how I could delete the Film Critic thread at any time.

What would Fat Elvis do with himself then?

I mean, I won't delete it. Just saying.

Hi Fraid!
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Oh look, Halley's Comet is back.
Rep me, damn it.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
So needy.

........................................................................................................................................................wait.......this isn't the line to the bathroom.......