Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARMY OF THE DEAD

Sorry if there's a pre-existing thread but I couldn't find one in the Focused forum.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
I'm down for it. I also need to watch Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake at some point.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
One thing that's bugging me. What's the point of stealing money in a zombie apocalypse? It doesn't look like the outbreak started the same day as their heist. Seems the world would be on the barter system. I don't expect much from Snyder but the premise seems weaker than usual.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I had the same question, but apparently Vegas is walled off. The official premise:

"The film takes place after a plague has been released from Nevada’s Area 51 and the U.S. government barely manages to contain by building a wall around Las Vegas, which has become overrun with zombies."
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(02-25-2021, 12:08 PM)MichaelM Wrote: I'm down for it. I also need to watch Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake at some point.

His DoTD remake is REALLY good. I actually enjoy it more than Romero's - though to be fair I find it the weakest of his main trilogy of films.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Escape from Las Vegas!

Hope we see a zombie wandering around with a cigarette holder, Goliath sunglasses and a snazzy red suit.
Must take place post Trump administration then.

At least the problem is addressed even though there would be no way to build a wall like that in time. I love Bautista and if he's great in this I'll watch but this looks dumb.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
(02-25-2021, 12:22 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: Must take place post Trump administration then.

At least the problem is addressed even though there would be no way to build a wall like that in time.  I love Bautista and if he's great in this I'll watch but this looks dumb.

To be fair, and based on the trailer, I get the feeling that it's not going to take itself that seriously.  Especially compared to Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, this looks more akin to Dead Rising.

If this is Snyder going "fuck it, I just wanna film a bunch of cool shit," I am all for this.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
(02-25-2021, 01:07 PM)ska oreo Wrote: If this is Snyder going "fuck it, I just wanna film a bunch of cool shit," I am all for this.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. I love the Snyder who just burns money filming the stuff he thinks is cool. Because the stuff he thinks is cool? I think it's cool too!!
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
So... is that a Zombie Elvis Impersonator... Or, is that The King himself, but now a zombie??
that... is a great question
... For ANOTHER TIME!!!
But knowing is...

...half the battle!
the battle has already begun!
Every beginning... has an ending.
Finish the fight.
every ending, has a beginning
Every second act... has a rise in conflict.
Very cool concept. Really want this to be good.

But looking at that trailer, it's clearly full-Snyder, and you don't go full-Snyder.

The real ending to Big...
Every fuddy duddy... has a nitpick.
Every Snyder... has a rotten tomato meter.
Every dullard... uses RT to keep score.
Dropkick... in the junk.
What if destiny... was never meant to be??
(02-25-2021, 01:48 PM)bradito Wrote: So... is that a Zombie Elvis Impersonator... Or, is that The King himself, but now a zombie??

Well since Elvis faked his death, what do you think??!

I think he should be the antagonist.
Is the first Snyder movie since Sucker Punch that's not a direct adaptation of something? Or was this already a comic or novel?
Git' in under mah belly!
It's an original. Written to be a sequel to his Dawn of the Dead that collected dust at Universal.

I almost can't believe this doesn't have some horrible looking color palette to it like everything he did after Dawn of the Dead other than that owl cartoon.

(02-25-2021, 12:08 PM)MichaelM Wrote: I'm down for it. I also need to watch Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake at some point.

Watched the director's cut. It's funnier, has more action, more kills, and more zombie gore.

(02-25-2021, 12:16 PM)MichaelM Wrote: I had the same question, but apparently Vegas is walled off. The official premise:

"The film takes place after a plague has been released from Nevada’s Area 51 and the U.S. government barely manages to contain by building a wall around Las Vegas, which has become overrun with zombies."

Oh. That kind of makes me hope there's more than just zombies in this.

Modern horror classic, IMHO.  

I love it.

This looks like complete nonsense.

But I can't deny that the prospect of a zombie romp in Las Vegas could be fun.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I'm down for seeing Baustia kill zombies.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!