Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 NFL Thread
Is USA gonna pull his new series?
I would speculate he gets the rest of this season’s salary to walk, and no more. Any other deals he has wrt the NFL are presumably gone.
I'm not Avery.
Jesus Christ, some of the things that are being bandied about that Gruden is alleged to have written in these emails make him look like a fucking nazi. I always thought he was an incredibly overrated coach, now his entire legacy will be tarnished. GOOD !!
On a less-Grudenish note, the MNF game between the Colts and the Ravens is gripping stuff. Tied up on 2pt conversion, missed FG, now into OT.

Colts also resigned.
(10-11-2021, 10:53 PM)history buff Wrote: Jesus Christ, some of the things that are being bandied about that Gruden is alleged to have written in these emails make him look like a fucking nazi. I always thought he was an incredibly overrated coach, now his entire legacy will be tarnished. GOOD !!

I never understood anyone having any interest in hiring Gruden after, say, 2006. It was pretty obvious what he was by then. (as far as the product he'd put on the field, that is)

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(10-11-2021, 11:49 PM)chavez Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:53 PM)history buff Wrote: Jesus Christ, some of the things that are being bandied about that Gruden is alleged to have written in these emails make him look like a fucking nazi. I always thought he was an incredibly overrated coach, now his entire legacy will be tarnished. GOOD !!

I never understood anyone having any interest in hiring Gruden after, say, 2006. It was pretty obvious what he was by then. (as far as the product he'd put on the field, that is)

Good point, but then again, Mark Davis...
I've never bought the whole "Gruden won with Dungy's team" angle -- Dungy's defense maybe, but nine free agents came on board, including playoff hero Joe Jurevicius, Michael Pittman and Keenan McCardell -- but Gruden is definitely more an assembler than a developer. Give him a bunch of seasoned vets and let him add some parts and he'll get the job done. Ask him to build a team and develop a QB and he's too impatient to be bothered.
Just this guy, you know?
Thankfully there seems to be a push to release all the emails from the WFT because just having Gruden’s leak raises many questions. First being was it done to get Vegas out of paying him 50+ Million they owe him.

I’ll bet they will fight from releasing anything related to Dan Snyder cuz I’d bet his are even worse and There would be pressure to force Snyder to sell and the other owners would hate that.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
The "What about Snyder?" noise is getting louder and louder though.
Just this guy, you know?
Not another Snyder cut. Please, haven't we had enough?

"What about Snyder" is wishful thinking. Gruden got fired because he blasted owners and Goodell (who represents the owners), make no mistake. I highly doubt Snyder was on those emails with Bruce Allen. And he is too smart to have any of his regressive thoughts in writing. I hate that guy, but he isn't a fucking yoke like Jon Gruden.
I'm not Avery.
(10-12-2021, 02:51 PM)first class 782 Wrote: And he is too smart to have any of his regressive thoughts in writing.
Really? He was ok with behaving like a frat boy in public but he's smart enough not to say anything bad in an email. I have my doubts on that
Snyder was also sued by a group of cheerleaders because it's the NFL and owners are generally dinosaurs.
Snyder has no email account. At least that’s what someone said on Twitter.
That's even worse!

(10-12-2021, 04:55 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 02:51 PM)first class 782 Wrote:  And he is too smart to have any of his regressive thoughts in writing.  
Really?  He was ok with behaving like a frat boy in public but he's smart enough not to say anything bad in an email.  I have my doubts on that

I definitely bailed on the thought at "Snyder is too smart."

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
I swear Urban Meyer is trying to get fired. Take the points to go up 7. But noooooooo. Now he's tied with the Dolphins driving. They should leave him in London.
Lions are now the only winless team in the NFL, and the Cardinals still undefeated for now as they play the Browns. The Lions will win a game at some point and no way Az. goes undefeated.

Makes me wonder: In roday's NFL which is more likely to happen: A team to go 0-17 or 17-0 ?? I would say neither will happen.
0-17, definitely. There's a ceiling to how much better a team can be, but there is no floor when it comes to incompetence.
Gamertag: Tweakee
The Cincy game was one I thought Detroit had a shot at and they were blown out. They have a terrible QB, no line, no WR, and a defense in the bottom 3rd. They don't have many potential wins left. I'd bet them to lose the rest
Aaaw, look at T Law, winning a game like a real boy.

As bad as the Lions are they have lost 2 heartbreakers and 1 of those losses was to a history making FG and they were leading the Packers at halftime, they'll stumble into a win at some point. I mean if the Jags can get a win with a HC whose already got one foot out the door, Detroit will win one for Dan Campbell.