Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Release Matrix Reloaded Discussion
I dunno. My doctor has said I'm 100% geek, but something about this trailer is lacking to me. Maybe Morpheus needs to shut the hell up. Maybe it's all the endless. slow. motion. after motion.

The twins seem pretty cool, though, and Neo's spinning kick on Agents Smith was baddass.

Maybe I'm such a geek, I'm turned off by how popular it is. But I still like Lord of the Rings.And I dig heavy on those Animatrix shorts

Beaks called it eye candy. I guess I never was a huge fan of hard candy.
Quote:

HBAADU:
Bellucci looks like a real woman.

Got that right, brother. Quite striking with all that androgyny.
HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH...

MY...

GOD...

This movie will kick ass... and it's only the FIRST of the TWO Matrix films coming out this year!! If the trailer for RELOADED is this fucking great, imagine how awesome REVOLUTIONS is going to be?!

(Calming down now...aw fuck just let it out)

THERE IS NO SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MooMoo, you can burn in hell.
And when did it come to pass that I have the nicest things to say to Carl?

As for the trailer. Dunno. I hope for more than Candy, but that's what I got, but without Ringo Star or Richard Burton. Which is sort of a good thing, all things considered. Don't like Carrie's face cut up, though. Increases her unsexiness, which is already a problem.

Otherwise, it's a fine noise trailer where the most important thing is seeing the idea of action. Let's hope they actually have a story to wrap around it.
There's no way I can praise this trailer in a way that hasn't been praised by everyone else.

My was already going to be in a seat on May 15th. Now my ass is going to be parked at the front of a line for that seat.
Yeah, that 94 meg trailer just made me wet my roommate's pants. Fucking incredible.
Andy Hunter - The Wonders of You

'Nuff said.
It must be said.

Pants Reloaded.

and thats a very good thing...

Okay, that is the official Chud name for the film now.
Quote:

Sean Bateman, Samurai Journalist:
Okay, that is the official Chud name for the film now.

Sean Bateman, Delcarer of all Edicts concerning CHUD and the Matrix
With the new thing the studios' are doing with putting more words on a movie title to obscenely ridiculous lengths, especially sequels, I'm suprised they haven't changed it to Matrix: Reloaded: Neo & The Gang Kick Some A.I. Ass.

Let's see. There's
X-men 2:X-men United
Tomb Raider 2: Cradle of Life
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
Legally Blonde II: Red White and Blonde
perhaps the worse, Pirares of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

I figure they either think they get paid by the letter, or they think the LOTR and Harry Potter movies did so well because of their longer titles. Maybe it just fills more marque space to draw our eyes or something, but it must stop.
Quote:

Bizarro Zod Loves You All:
Let's see. There's

Huh?? Since when did that title even get mentioned? Anywhere? They are not calling the movie that. If anything, Fox are guilty of shortening the movie to extreme lengths, hence X2. Apparently X-Men 2 was far too much to remember.
Quote:

Quatermain:
Quote:

Let's see. There's

Huh?? Since when did that title even get mentioned? Anywhere? They are not calling the movie that. If anything, Fox are guilty of shortening the movie to extreme lengths, hence X2. Apparently X-Men 2 was far too much to remember.

It was just recently changed.
What's the second to last song being played in the trailer? The one right before the Don Davis score, and playing when Oracle says "then Zion will fall".
Quote:

Mayhem:
Quote:

Quatermain:
Quote:

Let's see. There's

By who? The official site still has listed it as X2 or X-Men 2.
Quote:

Quatermain:
Quote:

Mayhem:
Quote:

Quatermain:
Quote:

Let's see. There's

By who? The official site still has listed it as X2 or X-Men 2.

The producers themselves have stated it recently, and they even personally spoke to the operators of superherohype.com. Go there to check the story out for yourself.
My take on the full trailer...

..They certainly have proved that they've broadened the scope of stunts and fx for the Matrix sequels. No one can say this is less ambitious than the first. I'm just hypothosizing here, but I'm pretty certain the Wachowski's have connected all these action sequences together with a tightly focussed storyline. They're too smart not to. They know action for action's sake never really works. That being said, the whole point of this trailer I think is to set the stage (tiny bit of plot revealed) and give you a glimpse of how big this movie is. "Get your ass to the theater 5-15-03" keeps pounding in my head after seeing it. Great job!

Buckle up because it looks like it will be a fantastic ride!
cynicaster, you're right in saying that this seems to have been underpromoted overall. It seems mostly to be advertised on the internet vs. movie trailers at the theaters and tv spots hourly. I think they realize there is a huge fanbase from the original and that their time is better spent polishing the final product as apposed to mass marketing the thing into overkill.

That being said, it seems ET has gotten a lot of behind the scenes stuff out there to help build up the excitement. As long as they don't reveal too much I'm fine with it. But we're also a month away from the release so who knows, they could still overdo it!
What is it about the Matrix slow motion that puts it so far above other movies' slow motion? When other movies have lots of slo mo it feels so labored, but it just looks so graceful and natural in the Matrix movies. I can't stop watching this trailer.
It's the wires.
There better be a story to go along with all this wire-fu, because if the movie is anything like the trailer suggests all we'll be getting is a two hour extended action scene.

Don't get me wrong, the action and effects are awesome, but I just wanted the trailer to slow down and give us some quieter heart felt scenes opposed to money shot after money shot.

As for how the CG looks like CG in the Burly Brawl, I explain it away as this is a virtual world, and once you get Neo and a bunch of Virus programs duking it out, that fabricated reality starts to break down. This is essentially a videogame after all.

Yeah, that's it.

Looks good though!
I think people are getting too used to trailers that tell the whole story. From what I've read, the story that was crafted by the Wachowskis for this trilogy is fucking amazing. I'm glad they aren't spilling out all the plot in the ads. Part of the reason the first movie blew me away so much is that I didn't know a damn thing about it going in.
The only thing I feel was story revelatory, besides Morpheus' standard mumbo jumbo, was when the agents said "He's still only human." Which comes across (to ME, BTW) as backtracking. Again, the jury's still out, and everyone's going to see it any which way.
I'm not sure what people like diaholic are complaining about. THIS IS A TRAILER!! There isn't supposed to be story in it. If there were, we'd all be pissed because it spoiled the thing.

To sit here and say you worry there won't be any story because of the trailer being action focused is just stupid. Its been said above... you've gotten to used to shitty trailers that ruin the movie for you. This is just a taste. That's what it freakin should be.
It doesn't need to tell the entire story to show that there is a story. The first Matrix's trailer did this extremely well.

It might only be just a trailer, but it could have been a better trailer is all I'm saying.

But we have only seen 2 and a half minutes of a 2 hour plus movie, So I'm thinking they'll be plenty of time to Wow us both in a visual and cerebral sense.
It's not shiny enough to be a threat to my picture.
Quote:

Michael Bay:
It's not shiny enough to be a threat to my picture.

Always count on Michael Bay.

Hey do you know Micahel that I was at a little Laker party and your sister happened to be there with her boyfriend I believe. Good guy. You should be proud.

*Though the above spoken is true, remember, I am using it as a joke. I do not think he is Michael Bay.

Quote:

diabolisx:
It doesn't need to tell the entire story to show that there is a story. The first Matrix's trailer did this extremely well.

It might only be just a trailer, but it could have been a better trailer is all I'm saying.

But we have only seen 2 and a half minutes of a 2 hour plus movie, So I'm thinking they'll be plenty of time to Wow us both in a visual and cerebral sense.

The first had more plot in the trailer because it had to introduce the concept of the film for the first time.

By now, EVERYONE knows what the Matrix is about. They just have to whet our appetites and get the date of release out there to send us screaming like fanboy locusts into the theater begging for popcorn and higher ticket prices just for a glimpse.
Quote:

Mayhem:
Part of the reason the first movie blew me away so much is that I didn't know a damn thing about it going in.

Amen. I stayed away and when I went in, I was stunned.

I'm trying to do the same w/ this one, but it's hard. Only trailers for me.
I am a little late to the discussion, but i must say that that is the single most bad ass movie trailor i have ever seen. I first saw it this morning, and i have seen it five times since, god i cannot wait for may, x-men, then this....
And let me reply that this was indeed a trailer of legend. Such high-velocity action, jammed packed together you just gotta wonder how much action is in the final cut.

I defintely like the Twins. Defintely some cool things should come of that.

I only saw the trailer once so I am looking forward to a couple more looks but to say the least I am impressed.

What is the running time on this puppy anyways?
Also does anyone know if this is supposed to be in front of any movies?
I heard this trailer was going to run in front of Anger Management. They said that on Access Hollywood after they ran the trailer. But, that said, Access Hollywood is only good for making me want to bone Nancy Odell. Otherwise they are for shit. I hate that bastard Pat.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't recall the first Matrix trailer having much plot at all. I mean, although I had a rough idea of what the film was going to be about--i.e. what the big twist of the first 20 minutes was going to be--that was more from guesswork than anything explicitly described in the trailer.

But I remember, watching the movie, being impressed that they hadn't given anything away in the trailer. I think that's one reason people were impressed by the first movie--they were capable of legitamately being surprised by it.