Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Release Xmen 2 Thread
Quote:

g-dude: I know why Jean did that, but to someone who doesn't know the whole phoenix thing it's a somewhat lame ending. I was trying to explain to wolverine (who was responding to Anorexic Starlet) why someone would think that.

And I totally agree. For those who don't follow the comics, what she said took an entirely different meaning than it did to those of us who know about Phoenix.
It was funny when my brother walked up to me a couple days after he saw the movie and said "did you know that jean doesn't die at the end. she becomes a phoenix or something." and I said "GET RIGHT OUT OF TOWN!!! REALLY!!!?"
this is a little late, but i dont think that every single bone in wolverine's body is coated with admantium. when you look at his x-ray, you can see that around his skull it is more like a crown type thing.
Quote:

DVtS:
Non-comic fans think Jean not only died but outright predicted it, and that that's what the line meant (and it actually did, for the most part), and so it works well to them.

No it doesn't. That's what we were debating. Non-comic fans don't understand why Jean had to die. They don't understand why she left the plane. And most importantly, they don't understand her "choice." They feel like she died because she couldn't "choose" between Wolvie and Cyclops. The ending is not really all that clear.

is the word "nature" connected to Wolvie's claws?
I really haven't come across this problem at all with anyone I've spoken to. So, I don't know.

My mom liked the ending.
Ah, meddling kids.

I think Jean Grey's choice was very clear.
She knew she was the only person who could save them. There was no choice about Logan or Scott at that point, nor to be reborn...it was a logical matter to her.
In order to save the rest of the X-Men she could use her power and self sacrifice.

I don't read the comics, so this was what I took from the film itself.
Quote:

nightwalker:
is the word "nature" connected to Wolvie's claws?

Are you talking about when Stryker said it? He was referring to how nature had aged him, but wolverine hadn't because of his healing factor.
actually "nature" was connected to wolverine. his claws draw back in because stryker says nature. it doesn't go in to this in the movie, but it does in the novelization. its a command word that stryker had programmed in to Logan's mind when he did the operation.

There were several people who posted a few pages back that they thought this was the case.
Yeah I FINALLY saw this.
Just what an amazing movie, it totally blew me away.
The first movie really did not do much for me at all and am so glad to say this one just bowled me over. Great fucking movie.
Why didn't Stryker tell Deathstrike about the "nature" code word? That would have made her fight alot easier, or did he want to see which one was best, or what? Maybe nature was her codeword too.
I dunno. maybe it slipped his mind. plus i doubt he cared if wolverine killed deathstrike as long as he could get to his helicopter first.

Quote:

Bizarro Zod Loves You All:
I dunno. maybe it slipped his mind. plus i doubt he cared if wolverine killed deathstrike as long as he could get to his helicopter first.

Or maybe the whole "nature" thing was only a device of the book, and had not bearing on the movie. Wolverine retracts his claws because he recognizes Stryker, but he doesn't know from where.
Quote:

You almost feel sorry for Deathstrike. Well, more than almost I think. Sure, she tried to make julian fries out of Logan but she was being controlled. I don't think she'll be coming back, unless someone decides to use her as a statue.

Although Kelly Hu says she's signed for two movies, which is interesting.
Quote:

The Fizzle:
Quote:

You almost feel sorry for Deathstrike. Well, more than almost I think. Sure, she tried to make julian fries out of Logan but she was being controlled. I don't think she'll be coming back, unless someone decides to use her as a statue.

I think they signed her for two movies before they decided to kill the character. They'll probably either use her in a flashback or they'll just buy out the last half of her contract and let her go.
I don't remember reading that about the word "nature" in the novel. I'm going to go back and try to find it, but the description you gave doesn't fit what happens in the movie.

The dialog was along the lines of..

Stryker: "wolverine..this is certainly the last place I would expect so see you. What's it been, 15 years...you haven't changed one bit" Then as he walks out of the darkness he puts his hand to his face, and sayd "me, on the other hand....nature". Signifying that he face has aged over the last 15 years.
Quote:

g-dude is a Filthy Beast:
Quote:

The Fizzle:
Quote:

I think they signed her for two movies before they decided to kill the character. They'll probably either use her in a flashback or they'll just buy out the last half of her contract and let her go.

nope. she'll be reborn as "lady deathstrike", more powerful than ever and completely insane, with those cool adamantium streaks on her face. The "death" in the first film was a setup. Thats also why she was called yuriko all the time...she'll take the deathstrike name for x3, a symbol of her resurrection
Quote:

walter-konkrete:
Quote:

Quote:

The Fizzle:
Quote:

nope. she'll be reborn as "lady deathstrike", more powerful than ever and completely insane, with those cool adamantium streaks on her face. The "death" in the first film was a setup. Thats also why she was called yuriko all the time...she'll take the deathstrike name for x3, a symbol of her resurrection

Interesting.

Is this all hypothetical or do you have a source though?
Hmmmm I guess it is possible for Deathstrike to come back, in a cyborg body.
I think she should show up in Las Vegas as Mr. Fixit.
And also, if nature was a command word, why wasn't he screaming it when wolvie pins his arm against the chopper?

Quote:

wolverine:
And also, if nature was a command word, why wasn't he screaming it when wolvie pins his arm against the chopper?

he's an old guy. probably has the alzheimers.
Quote:

actually "nature" was connected to wolverine. his claws draw back in because stryker says nature. it doesn't go in to this in the movie, but it does in the novelization. its a command word that stryker had programmed in to Logan's mind when he did the operation.

Sounds like bullshit to me. The way I see it- if it wasn't in the movie, it doesn't apply.
I figured saying "nature" was Stryker's way of indicating that he was as old as Logan, but not tampered with.
Quote:

he's an old guy. probably has the alzheimers.

Okay now, that was fucking funny. Total bullshit, but still fucking funny.
Quote:

CTDeLude:
Quote:

walter-konkrete:
Quote:

Quote:

The Fizzle:
Quote:

Interesting.

Is this all hypothetical or do you have a source though?

pure speculation