Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of childhood toys you miss

[This message has been edited by Nick Nunziata (edited 12-31-2001).]
God how I loved Gre-Gory. Also Suckerman.

And I had the Godzilla too. And I'd wager I wasn't the only one stumbling about my house with tear-filled eyes looking for his cursed flying hand.

Remeber the commercials for the Godzilla toy?

"GODZILLA!!! Dum duh-duh DUM! GODZILLA...

Rodaaan! Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum--dum-dum-dum-dum- Rodaaan!"

An epic battle took place amid potted plants...

[This message has been edited by Hot Animal Machine (edited 12-31-2001).]
Star Trek Plastic Disk Phasers:

Micronauts:

ROM - Spaceknight:

Han Solo Vibrating Blaster:

Any and all Kenner Star Wars Toys pre-Return of the Jedi (pictures too numerous to list)

Hugo, Master of Disguise:

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~sfspot/virtual.htm

(not a picture of Hugo, but an actual Virtual Hugo GAME)

------------------
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
Where is this toy from? WHat is it's name?

------------------
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
Terron. Super Joe monster/villain.

Looks like Tarkus.

I loved my Han Solo Blaster. Made the same sound that every Star Wars toy made. That tinny, metal on metal screetch/whine.

"EEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE"
Inhumanoids. Sweet mother of god, the hours that I spent with those freaks.
All of Nick's were the first to pop into my head. Freaky.
How about this guy:

Oh, how I miss this.

Die-Cast Metal Landspeeder:

Quote:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick Nunziata:

Oh my God, Nick! You freaking bastard!!!!! Thanks for the memories!.....

I used to own that 2nd, 3rd, and 5th robots!!!!

I never did know the real name of number 5 (haha). Number 2 was Gaiking and Number 3 was Mazinger Z but horrendously changed to Tranzor Z in America (as though Mazinger was just hard to pronounce by Americans).....

Man, permit me to reminisce.....

Gaiking was my favorite. I would stare for hours at his body frame because it's an optical illusion: you will see a skull, then a little chicken's face, then an old man with sharp teeth..... His right arm has a red button that shoots out his wrist! Awesome stuff! Out of my 3 huge robots, Gaiking was my favorite -- simply because he has a "better" looking face. Plus, he has those wicked moveable horns. Maybe it's one reason why I loved the Balrog in FOTR so much..... Anyway.....

Mazinger Z is my second favorite toy (in this toy lineup -- I'm guessing they were a series since those 3 robots I owned had wheels; though I can't see the wheels on the other robots).

Finally, Number 5 (I never did found out his name -- though I just searched Google and found out that he is Dragun). He is my least favorite as he shoots plastic missles in his left hand that was just too clunky to operate -- and dangerous! I've made a couple of kids cry with that weapon. Anyway, this red mecha was always the bad guy when I played these huge robots.....

By the way, that number 4 robot is Daimos! He is such a kick-ass robot. Basically it's a long truck like Optimus Prime. Then a guy in a motorcycle enters the truck from behind (ala Spy Hunter/Knight Rider) then he slowly enter a series of passageways leading him to the driver's seat. Then a bunch of "wiry suction cups" attach to his body. You see, every movement he makes, the robot reacts the same way. Basically, Daimos was a kickass robo trained in the martial arts..... He also wielded an awesome double-sided sword just like Darth Maul.....

Man, this has brought back memories.....

But for the coolest robot of all-time, and it's so cool that I used it my CHUD nickname:

Voltes V:

This is my HOLY GRAIL. I will find this, yes I will.....

Just some other cool pics:

Here's a link to more of the toy that I always wanted when I was a kid but never got. It's a very rare toy that no one can find anymore. And if you do: people either want big $$$$$ or it's damaged/missing parts.

http://www.robot-japan.com/Voltes%20V.htm
Shit, I just fucked up. Well, let's try it again.

I had Raydeen, Mazinga, Dragun, Gai-King and Godzilla. I don't think I had the other one, but it does look kind of familiar. Those were my favorite toys. I remember quite clearly the first time I saw those in Lionel Play World, in those big boxes, and my eyes just bugged out of my fuckin' head! I really liked Micronauts too. And Legos. Once you figured out that Micronauts and Legos were compatable, forget it! Shogun Warriors, Micronauts, Legos, about 100 green army men and the Guns of Navarrone playset! Hell Yeah!

The sad part of it is that by the time Shoguns and Micronauts came out, I was almost too old to play with them. I just had a window of about a year or two. If I hadn't been an extreme dork, I wouldn't even have had that. In fact, I remember asking for one last toy for christmas, the Micronaut Battlecruiser, and my dad wouldn't get if for me because I was too old. Ah well. I used to read the Shogun, Micronaut and Godzilla comix, too.

I remember seeing the Alien toy in the Sears Catalog and thinking that it was really weird that they would be selling a toy based on an R-Rated movie.
Great stuff
Brad Turner owns all of us:

Is that some robot fuckape?
I'm with HAM on this one:

It was a sad day when my Stretch Monster started to leak....

And I had forgotten all about these:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata

Is that some robot fuckape?

Close. It's Gore the Lord Protector, aka Iron Kong.

http://members.lycos.nl/frx/zoids/gore.html

I submit him as a representative of Tomy's all-round awesome Zoids range.
Not only do I still own that Godzilla, I still own his launching hand. I've also passed along to my daughter my Gre-Gory Bat (although the blood has dried up) and the head of Stretch Monster. His body, alas, did not survive my childhood.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti

Brad Turner owns all of us:

M.A.S.K.!

Hell yes. I that motorcycle, the dune buggy that turned into a jet and the corvette that turned into a hydroplane. Those buzzsaw blades would sail out of the corvette.

Actually, going through the website I stole those pictures from, I had a lot more vehicles than I remember.
Quote:

Originally Posted by voltes5

But for the coolest robot of all-time, and it's so cool that I used it my CHUD nickname:

Voltes V:

This is my HOLY GRAIL. I will find this, yes I will.....

Can't help you with the toy, but here's episode 1 of Voltes V:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RCyW5CabyRA
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedigger

Hell yes. I that motorcycle, the dune buggy that turned into a jet and the corvette that turned into a hydroplane. Those buzzsaw blades would sail out of the corvette.

Actually, going through the website I stole those pictures from, I had a lot more vehicles than I remember.

Christ... I had more MASK toys than I remembered. This one was simple... and my favorite!
For some reason I liked the smaller M.A.S.K vehicles the best. Like the Piranha:

Plus I could totally fit the M.A.S.K. figures up my nose. That was the hit of any birthday party back in the day.
Jesus Christ! I had that one too! The sidecar shot out and it had two guns that popped out too.

Wow... the memories!
I never had any of the M.A.S.K. toys, but I loved the show. Here's the rockin' opening:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M0BzBFWt8V8
Damn, I haven't seen that opening in years. I forgot about the jeep that spit out the boat. Perhaps the most underrated of the 80's toyline/cartoon combos.
And the kid that rode on the robot. I had the robot, but lost the kid very early. I blame the dog!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason P. Thompson

Christ... I had more MASK toys than I remembered. This one was simple... and my favorite!

My Dad got me the Purple Jet/Copter (if memory serves me) that the main Bad Guy used. I opened the box, took it out, played with it fomr a good 15 straight minutes, until my Dad saw it out of the box.

He told me that it was a piece of shit, and that I should give in, let him take it back, and he would replace it with 5 GI Joe figures that were released at the time. These were the badboys he got for me, and he was right... Everything sucked compared to GI Joe...

I had a bunch of MASK toys too. My favorites were the Corvette pictured above and the Jeep that shot out a speedboat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman

Are these Village People action figures?
Hey Eric I got an Alien, in the box.

Wanna buy it off me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman

My Dad got me the Purple Jet/Copter (if memory serves me) that the main Bad Guy used. I opened the box, took it out, played with it fomr a good 15 straight minutes, until my Dad saw it out of the box.

He told me that it was a piece of shit, and that I should give in, let him take it back, and he would replace it with 5 GI Joe figures that were released at the time. These were the badboys he got for me, and he was right... Everything sucked compared to GI Joe...

For some strange reason "GI Joe" toys were known as "Action Force" here in Sweden.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Rocco

Are these Village People action figures?

Well, Dr. Mindbender always did dress kind of gay, but I never heard him sing.

Mindbender was a big time pillow biter. Shirtless with a monocle? C'mon, who's he kidding. He probably got along real well with Major Bludd if you know what I mean.

Here's another kickass entry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti

Here's another kickass entry:

I remember those being really popular to collect at school, kind of like Pokemon for later generations. What some may not realize is that the MUSCLE men were actually based on the Japanese Kinnikuman (Muscleman) cartoon series:

Opening video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hmE0Aul6wao
But not as good as:

Battle Beasts!

You people are really starting to make me reflect way too much on my childhood. I had totally forgot about these guys.