Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer
I know that this forum has more or less been invaded by the CHUD RPG's (not a bad thing, mind you), but I just wanted to know if there are a whole lot of gamers out there. Specifically, does anybody here play Warhammer or 40K? I just got into 40K and it's a great game (despite the financial concern), so I was wondering how many of you share my love of this classic wargame.

On another note: any Chewers in the Sioux Falls region of SD that play? We could really use some more people to play against (right now it's just me and two other guys, so those Tyranid/Tyranid/Eldar battles aren't always the freshest things to play).
Played 40K in college and sucked at it but loved it anyway. Great concept and delivery.
I also play a little now and then.

I have 2 armies:
-Dark Eldars
-Dark Angels

With my friends combine we almost have all the armies represented... pretty cool all in all but a little expensive.

My armies are about 20% painted... which I had more time in a day

Cheers!
Man, I really need to move out of the Midwest. It's so hard to find a large amount of gamers around here.
I play or have played pretty much every Games Workshop game out there. For 40k, I have a massive Ork army (with like three generations of models totally around 8000 points).

My armies are about 20% painted... which I had more time in a day

I think this is the mantra of all GW players. I am a fucking SLOW painter. With Orks, you don't have to be as nice with da paint, but still...

I also play Mordheim (which is probably the best game they've ever done, IMHO) and Blood Bowl quite regularly. Sometimes when you know you are only going to have 2 hours of game time those two games are much more rewarding to play than a 40k game you know you will have to abort.

I am EAGERLY awaiting the re-relase of Epic 40k. The new rules set they have come up with (titled Epic: The Armageddon War) has finally hit the nail on the head.
Mike, you really need to live closer to me. These three posts you did this morning represent the kind of gamer that we need more of around here.
Neill Blomkamp’s been tweeting about Warhammer recently. I wonder if he has a film in the works or if he just wants to find a game.
"Whose advice are you going to take in show business, Judd Apatow or me?" - Norm Macdonald

Plastic crack!
"Whose advice are you going to take in show business, Judd Apatow or me?" - Norm Macdonald

I never played but I was really into the Black Library novels for a while.  My favorite series was Gaunt's Ghosts so in honor of the great Dan Abnett: 

"A friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a bitch."
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Yeah I don't have the time/money/patience for the game, but the lore fascinates me. And I've played a ton of Forbidden Stars, the 40K board game loosely based on the rules from the StarCraft board game. That's some good stuff there, although it's now out of print.
Just this guy, you know?
Bonus QOTD (from the Old World), props to shaver…

"Let 'em tell da King. Da east belongs to da Orcs. Da east belongs to Morglum. Da east is green."
—Morglum Necksnapper
I'm not Avery.
Bonus QOTD

Quote:It is the story of a man who did insane things because he put in practice what many Saints have preached.

…on Dolan Chirosius, for his actions during the Plague of Unbelief
I'm not Avery.
Bonus QOTD:

Quote:“Listen but closely my brothers, for my life’s breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then, my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and I shall come no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there.”

Last words of Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves
I'm not Avery.
Bonus QOTD:

Quote:They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines.

And they shall know no fear.

The Emperor
I'm not Avery.
Bonus QOTD:

Quote:I’m da hand of Gork and Mork, dey sent me to rouse up da boyz to crush and kill ‘cos da boyz forgot what dere 'ere for. I woz one of da boyz till da godz smashed me in da 'ead an’ I 'membered dat Orks is meant to conquer and make slaves of everyfing they don’t kill. I’m da profit of da Waaagh an’ whole worlds burn in my boot prints. On Armour-Geddem, I led da boyz through da fire deserts and smashed da humies’ metal cities to scrap. I fought Yarik, old one-eye at Tarturus, an’ he fought good but we smashed iz city too. I’m death to anyfing dat walks or crawls, where I go nothin’ stands in my way. We crushed da stunties on Golgotha, an’ we caught old one-eye when da speed freeks blew da humies’ big tanks ta bits. I let 'im go 'cause good enemies iz 'ard to find, an’ Orks need enemies ta fight like they need meat ta eat an’ grog ta drink. I iz more cunnin’ than a grot an’ more killy than a dread, da boyz dat follow me can’t be beat. On Pissenah we jumped da marine-boyz an’ our bosspoles was covered in da helmets we took from da dead 'uns. We burned dere port an’ killed dere bosses an’ left nothin’ but ruins behind. I’m Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an’ I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da 'ooniverse flat an’ kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz’ we’re Orks an’ we was made ta fight an’ win!

- Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka
I'm not Avery.
Bonus QOTD:
Quote:To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

- Mission Statement
I'm not Avery.