• Carlminnot@lycos.com
  • The Tao of Steve
  • Cracker Barrel
  • Spoiling Harry Potter books
  • Malcolm McDowell
  • The trailer for Sin City
  • Pierce Hyding
Harry potter tangent:
Since the books aren't finished, what happens if and when a movie omits something that plays an important part later on in the series. Rowlings could be laying the groundwork in Goblet for some kind of revelation in the last book, it might be edited from the film for pacing.
The mind boggles.
They could add some flashbacks.
I still can't figure out what the Potter spoiler was supposed to be. That Harry and Ron attend a dance? That's a spoiler? Whatta douche.

Good Leak. Looking forwards to the big triple digits.
enjoyed the mention of Durham and Raleigh in the Leak today. I laughed.

And the screenings in Raleigh make a LOT more sense than in Durham. I know cuz I live in Durham. I'd rather get stabbed in Raleigh at a movie screening anyday than shot in Durham at a movie EVERYDAY.
"out Aaron Eckharting Aaron Eckhart’s In the Company of Men performance."

No.
You don't think that scene in Clive's office doesn't end with a perfect bit of viciousness?
There's no way that you could shoot Sin City on actual black and white film. The best they could do (and I agree with you on this) is to light and shoot it on color film FOR black and white, then digitally alter it a la Pleasantville. And, I suppose, using those gradient techniques that were done on Hellboy and LOTR, you could get it more striking in a computer.

I do agree, however, that the film would've been much better served on practical sets and locations, although there are some incredibly striking shots in that trailer--Hartigan's car flipping over onto the snow and the outline of Kevin in the dark are what stick out. But that's not what made me go "I want this, and I want it now." It was the aformentioned Clive Owen and his delivery of that line "It's time to prove to your friends you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying. Other times it means killing a whole lot of people."

Jesus, that was too cool for words.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClark

Harry potter tangent:
Since the books aren't finished, what happens if and when a movie omits something that plays an important part later on in the series. Rowlings could be laying the groundwork in Goblet for some kind of revelation in the last book, it might be edited from the film for pacing.
The mind boggles.

I think Rowling has it all planned out by now, and she gets complete script approval.
Sooo, new year, let's hope for a grand start for The Leak.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata

You don't think that scene in Clive's office doesn't end with a perfect bit of viciousness?

Hell yeah. That scene alone is why Owen owns the top performance of the film.