Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruck me in the ass: ENEMY OF THE STATE

I actually think Spy Game is really underappreciated. Redford and Pitt make a great team, and there's palpable tension to the flick.

Plus Stannis Baratheon as a real prick of a American spook!

AI actually agree that it's underappreciated. Mostly because its existence seems to have been COMPLETELY forgotten by the public despite its pedigree.

Getting back to Enemy Of The State: I was highly disappointed that after Chasing Amy, and all the rave reviews zeroing in on Jason Lee specifically, all Hollywood could think of was a quickie role with a halfway descent chase scene.  And Mumford.

SHUT UP.  THIS IS THE SPY GAME THREAD NOW.

Favorite quotes:

"When did Noah build his ark?  Before the rain, Gladys.  Before the rain."

"Chuck, are you gonna dance with your hand on my ass all night or are you gonna make your move?"

See, guys?  This movie is gold.  Enemy of the State doesn't have dialogue like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spook View Post

SHUT UP.  THIS IS THE SPY GAME THREAD NOW.

Favorite quotes:

"When did Noah build his ark?  Before the rain, Gladys.  Before the rain."

"Chuck, are you gonna dance with your hand on my ass all night or are you gonna make your move?"

See, guys?  This movie is gold.  Enemy of the State doesn't have dialogue like that.

But to be fair, Enemy of the State has Lisa Bonet at her most gorgeous.

And the final "Did you make the tape?" "He wants it back" bit was actually pretty clever.   Though just once, I'd like one of these hacking movies to explain how someone could hypothetically add or subtract hundreds of thousands of dollars from character's bank accounts.  Because if its as easy as they make it look in the movie, you've gotta wonder why Hackman doesn't live in a big house in a foreign country with a private vineyard or something.