Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHUD's LIVE GOLDEN GLOBES COVERAGE
Quote:

Originally posted by Rath/Brendan
Relax, chief. All is good. Had kind of a rough day.

Whatever. Please channel your "rough" days elsewhere. I try to not come down on you like everyone else does around here Rath, because I think you deserve a lot better treament than you get, but in instances like this you give me little reason not to. Think about it.

Besides, if you think my writing is bad you evidently have never worked in loan service processing and read brorowers' letters. No excuse but I think you would have a heart-attack.
Just finished reading this thread (I love my job), and I'm so pissed that I didn't get a chance to participate. Still, fun read, good times, great comments, and I'll be in for the Oscar talk come February.
Ok, so I fell asleep during the whole thing. They weren't exactly riviting. Therefore, I do have a question.

Why the comments about ROTK not being well receive in Hollywood? I was curious what gave that impression.
Quote:

Originally posted by sorro
Why did they play Journey when Charlize won?

Because Charlize is just a small-town girl...
livin' in a looooonely wooorld.
Why is everyone here complaining about the lack of a standing ovation ROTK got when it won (I remember the applause being loudest for every category it was nominated) and no mention whatsoever of Sarandon's "only one special effect, the effect it had on people"'s comment?
Quote:

Originally posted by sorro
Why did they play Journey when Charlize won?

"Don't Stop Believin'" is the song that plays in the rollerskating rink when Theron and Ricci first hook up.
Quote:

Originally posted by Mama-Killin' Gee-Tar
and no mention whatsoever of Sarandon's "only one special effect, the effect it had on people"'s comment?

Oh, I'm sorry. I was too busy slamming my head in my refridgerator door to really process what she was saying.
Strangest couple of the night: Jack Black and Laura Elena Harring
That wasn't Laura Herring it was a comedian whose name eludes me at the moment.
Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Daywalker
That wasn't Laura Herring it was a comedian whose name eludes me at the moment.

Kightlinger, I believe? Something to that effect.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I checked all 866 posts and didn't see anyone mention this:

Did anyone catch Robin Williams at one point when they went to commercial, and they showed the people in the audience?? He knew the camera was on him, so he starts doing the cocksucking motion with his hand to his mouth (but without the tongue pushing his check out) and then the peace sign to his lips as if he was going to eat snatch (but he didn't flick his tongue).

I swear that's what he was doing! Anyone else can back me up??
You're off your medication again, aren't you?
Quote:

Originally posted by Detective Richard Dix
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I checked all 866 posts and didn't see anyone mention this:

Did anyone catch Robin Williams at one point when they went to commercial, and they showed the people in the audience?? He knew the camera was on him, so he starts doing the cocksucking motion with his hand to his mouth (but without the tongue pushing his check out) and then the peace sign to his lips as if he was going to eat snatch (but he didn't flick his tongue).

I swear that's what he was doing! Anyone else can back me up??

I totally saw it, but my rommate was on the computer at the time so I didn't have a chance to comment on it. I swear I thought I had imagined it. Thanks for making me not insane.
I can see Williams doing such a thing.

I'm wondering when exactly was he doing it?
Quote:

Originally posted by LéoThePro
I can see Williams doing such a thing.

I'm wondering when exactly was he doing it?

It was right before a commercial break, and some time before he went on stage to present.

Thanks for the backup, Diva. If he had just done the blow job motion, I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but when he did the peace sign, I knew what he was up to.