Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAPARAZZI Discussion
Quote:

Originally Posted by fabfunk

Hey, remember the eighties?

I do...& the seventies, sixties...

If we are bashing throwback styled films I think almost everything by Soderbergh is on the plate.
Filler.Pure filler.This is specifically a small film that will make a little cash for the studio as a rental,in the sense of "Oh,the film we really want to see is out,hmmm,well let's get Paparazzi."

And Cole Hauser,is no Wings Hauser.And we're all worse off because of it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JenGe Chick Flick Destroyer

If we are bashing throwback styled films I think almost everything by Soderbergh is on the plate.

I don't think said bashing is due to the film's retro stylings. I think it's due to it's "wow, this movie looks like anus" stylings.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gistmeister

I don't think said bashing is due to the film's retro stylings. I think it's due to it's "wow, this movie looks like anus" stylings.

Well, I thought it was obvious that my comment was made specifically in regard to the significant amount of "retro" bashing on this thread & not to the intelligent "anus", "sucks", "steam pile" comments... but maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Come on guys, it has Dennis Farina, Clyde Kusatsu AND Tim Thomerson. How can this not be good?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stew

Why does this have to have Tom Sizemore in it? I want so badly to hate this movie, but he's just so damn cool.

I agree. But then, he's also a drug addict with a Gideon Bible-thick jacket of battery complaints from various women, and he just came off a jail term. The fact that's he's starring in anything other than the Chino Men's Colony Aryan Biker Players' version of Irreversible is a small miracle.
4 days until Laramie is unleashed, AND I CAN'T. WAIT. TO SEE IT.
lmao wade. I saw a commercial yesterday and the part where the car gets hit I just busted up thinking of Mikah's comments about bodyguards.
NOTE: BO LARAMIE IS READING THIS THREAD.

Not 20 minutes after I made my previous sardonic comment, Laramie showed up at my apartment and tossed me out of my window like a sack of flour. I likely fared better than his victim in the film, as the fall was a mere 2 stories instead of 5 and thankfully I've lived to tell the tale.

Bo knows Justice.
Lmao!
All i want is for this movie to have a lot of Camera related dialogue and over the top Paparazzi killing. Then i'll be happy. Stuff like --

Bo Laramie- "Heh. I'm doing this just for Clicks. PICTURE THIS!"
(throws sizemore out of a building)

Sizemore(screaming on his way down)- "LARA-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Bo Laramie- "Dead....In a Flash."
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napoleon Rodriguez

I agree. But then, he's also a drug addict with a Gideon Bible-thick jacket of battery complaints from various women, and he just came off a jail term. The fact that's he's starring in anything other than the Chino Men's Colony Aryan Biker Players' version of Irreversible is a small miracle.

This post made me happy.
its annoying that there are 4 paparzzi that he is going to kill in the movie, and the trailer shows you how two of them die.
Yes, but the big question of how the random stripper shots relate to the movie remains up in the air.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles B

Come on guys, it has Dennis Farina, Clyde Kusatsu AND Tim Thomerson. How can this not be good?

Indeed!

Seriously, though, I don't think it looks that bad... it looks similar to PAYBACK, in that it's a vigilante romp that you suspend disbelief for. We all love films that have a lot less realistic aspects to them, and we also don't know exactly how this film plays out. If Bo tosses a photographer out a window, I assume there'll be a media backlash against him, which will be part of the film. Or maybe Bo is thought (or even pronounced) dead at the scene of the accident, and then comes back for revenge (which would rock hard). Who knows? I just wish it were someone like George Clooney or Alec Baldwin stalking the stalkers...

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, if it's fun and/or entertaining. About time a film attacking paparazzi was released, anyway.

Years ago, I had the idea of making a film with the same ever-so-creative title, but it would be a much more gritty look into the life of one of those bottom-feeders who has to make a living essentially stalking celebrities because he's been doing it for so long there's nothing else he can do, and it would've been one of those pretentious statements on the media that every film student wants to do at some point or another before they hit thirty.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fabfunk

Hey, remember the eighties?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles B

Tim Thomerson! Hell Yes!
I took another snide jab at this film today while eating lunch with some friends. One of them asked if anybody else had seen the trailer for PAPARAZZI and I quipped "Paparazzi? More like SLOP-arazzi." Not ten seconds after the explosion of hearty laughter had ceased, somebody dragged me up four flights of stairs and chucked me over the balcony like a My Buddy doll. It hurt like a cocksucking rat bastard motherfucker and I'm pretty sure the culprit's name rhymes with "GLOW JEREMY".

Be careful is all I'm saying.
If Bo Laramie is unleashing hell for minor things like that, Imagine what will happen when his blonde son suffers a mild ankle sprain in that car accident caused by evil Paparazzi.
Bo Laramie is a one-man mafia. He cannot be bargained with. He cannot be reasoned with. He will not be stopped.

With that said, nice to see Robin Tunney still doing work. She was quite bangtastic in THE CRAFT and NIAGARA, NIAGARA (EMPIRE RECORDS, too, but the bald thing turns most off...).
Alright, i was watching the clips at yahoo, and it turns out Evil Sizemore took naked pictures of.....LARAMIE'S SON. Not Laramie's wife. How much more evil can they make him? He'll probably turn out to be a time traveling nazi general or something.
I was in the park the other day taking pictures of blue-jays and titmice when suddenly someone whacked me on the back of the head with a golf-club. I didn't see who it was but I can distinctly remember someone saying "Sorry to break your focus. Let's see how your HEAD develops, asshole. So sayeth BO."

I suppose it's what I get for taking pictures of naked birds. I was just asking for someone to teach me a lesson.
I hope the studio drags out some ridiculous C-list celebs to endorse this film. Potentially teh best premiere pics EVER.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wadew1

Alright, i was watching the clips at yahoo, and it turns out Evil Sizemore took naked pictures of.....LARAMIE'S SON. Not Laramie's wife. How much more evil can they make him? He'll probably turn out to be a time traveling nazi general or something.

This film makes my nipples resemble missiles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werbal_Kint

I was in the park the other day taking pictures of blue-jays and titmice when suddenly someone whacked me on the back of the head with a golf-club. I didn't see who it was but I can distinctly remember someone saying "Sorry to break your focus. Let's see how your HEAD develops, asshole. So sayeth BO."

When I grow up, I want to be like Bo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfalfa

I hope the studio drags out some ridiculous C-list celebs to endorse this film. Potentially teh best premiere pics EVER.

Only if Kari Wuhrer graces the premiere with her presence.

I'm surprised the tabloids haven't done a smear campaign on this film. But maybe that's why Son of Wings was cast, rather than someone like Vin Diesel or whomever, who actually need the media...
Well the (5) reviews are in. These should make it on the newspaper and TV ads.

"Spending more time laughing at it (and more than a few times with it), I managed to get a rather addictively goofy movie that somehow escaped a fate on the USA Network." -Erik Childress

"A classic revenge tale in the tradition of Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood and the early works of Steven Seagal." -Mr. Fred Topel
This thread is FAR more entertaining than the film itself will probably be.
I think Mel Gibson's got the kind of insane dough (ntm the balls) now to make movies based on everyday things that piss him off. He once walked into my friend's ice cream store in Santa Monica Promenade and thru a mini-hissy fit when some of the other customers asked to get some photos with him. Imagine that shit? I hope this type of topical, universally maligned sociopathic behavior will be addressed in the sequel.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prankster

This thread is FAR more entertaining than the film itself will probably be.

Pretty much. It's like PUNISHER-lite. I FEEL ROBBED.
I thought Laramie would go on a paparazzi killing spree, but he only really killed one guy. The death is off camera too. Instead, Bo takes lessons from Thomas Jane and sets them up. More accurately, he kills one kinda/sorta on accident, sets up two and murders one.

Oh and Farina plays a really dumb cop. I love the epiphany when he stops at a traffic light. Wouldn't the camera that takes pictures of speeders be one of the first things you check when you're investigating an automobile accident?

There are cameos too. Chris Rock plays a pizza delivery boy.

And here's the worst part: BO DOESN'T THROW ANYONE OUT OF A WINDOW. Such bullshit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wadew1

There are cameos too. Chris Rock plays a pizza delivery boy.

I hear there are other camoes. Care to specify?
Mel Gibson in the anger management waiting room, Vince Vaughn shows Laramie a "LARAMIE GETS PENILE ENLARGEMENT" paparazzi magazine, and Matthew Mcconau**** says "Good job, man" or something like that at the end.
I liked it. I went in without any pre-concieved ideas and I had a fun ride. Was it a great movie? No. Was it an entertaining movie? Yes.

During the first ten minutes I was sort of amused by the fact that it looked like it was made by a fellow film student, it was really by the book. I was mentally doing a checklist in my head as the story was getting established. "Okay, there is the opening shot of the city to establish location...theres a second location shot at a screening...now they are establishing character and basic background information...more background information...first moment of tension...dealing with it dealing with it...second moment of tension..."

It was definetly a classic revenge thing and had that 50's detective story vibe. The bad guys were a little bit too evil, they went to ridiculous lengths and were sort of like cardboard cut out boogeymen. It was more funny than annoying though. I'd say that pretty much sums it up. It's a decent little flick, there are some genuinely entertaining moments, and even when they mess something up it is still funny as hell.