Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Release THE FORGOTTEN discussion
So I just got back from this movie... stupid, and with lots of logistic gaps, but fun story... to tell you what it's REALLY about is to give away some twists, try not to listen to others. It was mildly diverting, and Julianne Moore was VERY good in the lead. The first third is super cool, the middle portion is rather stupid and the last act is bumblefuck crazy.

What do you think?
I think it sounds much more interesting and entertaining than I originally thought. I'll have to check it out.
Fabfunk, you liked it right? Was the ending disappointing or just okay- did it leave a bad taste in the audience's mouth? Did they like it? What's so bad about the second act? Sorry, I'm asking so many questions. I just hope audiences like the movie because I want it to be a hit.

I'm guessing I've been looking forward to this movie for a while. Looks great from the trailer and commercials. Know a lot of peple who want to see it.
The supernatural-looking elements of the trailer made me sit up in my seat. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Is it as big a Dark City rip-off as the trailers imply?
Quote:

Originally Posted by morpheus101

Fabfunk, you liked it right? Was the ending disappointing or just okay- did it leave a bad taste in the audience's mouth? Did they like it? What's so bad about the second act? Sorry, I'm asking so many questions. I just hope audiences like the movie because I want it to be a hit.

I mildly liked it, but that was mostly because of the unwavering performance from Julianne Moore. She really is fantastic in this, and any other leading lady would have made this movie unwatchable.

There's really no way to sell this movie in trailers or commercials, so it will have to survive on word of mouth, and being that it's only an OK movie, I expect it will be forgotten at the box office.

And the ending is eh, with a couple of slight-camp moments, but there's a definetly moment where you go, "Okay, here's the original ending... followed by an audience-screening mandated, tacked on REAL ending."

I don't think my critics' screening went well. Many people laughed and a few openly threw up their hands at the bizarro twists of the last third.

And the DARK CITY comparison is not apt: we're dealing with FAR different stuff here.
So Fabfunk can you spill the beans?

I'll be renting this one anyway.

It does kind of look like an x-file episode.

Just don't tell me that it's something as moronic as the Village.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HellSpawn

So Fabfunk can you spill the beans?

I'll be renting this one anyway.

It does kind of look like an x-file episode.

Just don't tell me that it's something as moronic as the Village.

My review might help... http://www.inform.umd.edu/News/Diamo...versions1.html
Moore's character's name is Telly? When I hear that, this is all I can think of...