Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie stuff you only just realised...
Robert Preston is pretty fun in the movie. It's obvious he was having a swell time making the film.
Once Beta is fully formed, there is some great comedy with his character.
(10-31-2018, 03:20 PM)bradito Wrote: Catherine Mary Stewart is the ultimate '80s gf.

[Image: nxcviheqe5u7iffvbmkw.jpg]
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(10-31-2018, 02:24 PM)hammerhead Wrote: Last Starfighter has a better script than either of those. And it doesn't really belong to the post-E.T. "kids discover something weird" subgenre-- better examples would be Explorers and Flight of the Navigator.

Having just seen it, I would say that it has a worse script than either and definitely belongs to the "kids stumble on sci-fi artifact" subgenre (which also seems to be having a resurgence this year, if the back-to-back-to-back trailers for Bumblebee, K.I.N., and that robo-dog movie that played on my last theatrical excursion are any indication).
(10-31-2018, 03:21 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Robert Preston is pretty fun in the movie.  It's obvious he was having a swell time making the film.

Dan O'Herlihy too.

(10-31-2018, 03:24 PM)schwartz Wrote: Having just seen it, I would say that it has a worse script than either (Goonies or Monster Squad) and definitely belongs to the "kids stumble on sci-fi artifact" subgenre (which also seems to be having a resurgence this year, if the back-to-back-to-back trailers for Bumblebee, K.I.N., and that robo-dog movie that played on my last theatrical excursion are any indication).

I dunno, I think it's really more of a superhero movie. Questions of potential, responsibility, that sort of thing.

Anyway, Nick Castle! Didja know he wrote the "Everyone's Coming To New York" number for Escape From N.Y., and that his father was a big-time choreographer for classic musicals?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Anybody seen Kin? How is that?
(10-31-2018, 03:25 PM)hammerhead Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 03:24 PM)schwartz Wrote: Having just seen it, I would say that it has a worse script than either (Goonies or Monster Squad) and definitely belongs to the "kids stumble on sci-fi artifact" subgenre (which also seems to be having a resurgence this year, if the back-to-back-to-back trailers for Bumblebee, K.I.N., and that robo-dog movie that played on my last theatrical excursion are any indication).

I dunno, I think it's really more of a superhero movie. Questions of potential, responsibility, that sort of thing.

I think it can be both, as the Amblin thing often has superhero elements to it.  Elliot could fly after he found ET, after all.
The Last Starfighter is $6 if anyone n00bz would like to give it a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Starfighter-...uage=en_US
I just bought that not 10 minutes before seeing your post. $6 ain't shit. That's plenty cheap enough to give a movie a try..

There's a UK region free Flight of the Navigator blu ray that's really great. Don't know how many peeps are aware of that one.

I'm guessing Explorers has yet to get a release?
None that I know of. I'd love a deep-dive edition with the unfinished/deleted stuff.
In Maximum Overdrive, balloons can be seen hanging from a storm drain.
"Oh, poor old Herman. It seems like him and good luck always was strangers. Well, maybe now he'll meet up with his other hand some place."
Watching Jurassic Park III and seeing Pollux Troy acting so....normal. He's not a bad looking dude when he's not playing Cage's creepy younger brother..
Anna Kendrick doesn’t play Becca in Superbad.
In North By Northwest it's never specified who the pilot of the crop-duster was, but I'm just now deciding it's the bald smiling henchman because we don't see him again after the elevator scene.
The Dark Knight Rises ends way too similarly (and has too many other vague similarities) to Ernest Goes to Jail..
....what?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Mostly thinking of flying off with the bomb at the end and "dying."