Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf are you playing...
Quote:

Originally Posted by embrodak

Actually, yeah. Why do you ask? Does it get un-fun later?

I thought iit was pretty fun all the way through, but maybe it was just me. I certainly have a love hate relationship with the "old school" stages though, some of those are a serious pain in the ass. It's no Mario 64/Super Mario Bros. 3, but I still got a lot of fun out of that game.
Wario Ware: Touched- Great but, like the first one, you can beat it in one sitting and it becomes pick up and play rather fast. But I love the use of the DS.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snake- First play of these games. Story is pretty out there and laughable, but also damn iconic and fun. I'm pretty much plaing it for the Kitamura cut scenes, but it is fun.

Resident Evil 4-I'm stuck.

GTA:SA-still fucking around.
Halo 2 - Midway through Legendary and Multiplayer is still too fucking addicting.
Metroid Prime 2 - About 1/3 completed. It's been great thus far.
Just bought a ps2, had a hunt around in the Bargin bin at Game and got.

GTA vice city - compleated it on the pc, i think i prefer the ps2 version though. About half way through

Smackdown here comes the pain - created myself as a wrestler and im working my way through the season mode. Its easlly the best wreslting game ive played.

Fifa 2003 - i like that you can by and sell players on this and the football games themselves are easy to pick up.

Tinkering with. Smash court Tennis, Transformers, Road Rash Jailbreak and Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.
World of Warcraft.

That is all.
Quote:

Originally Posted by embrodak

Actually, yeah. Why do you ask? Does it get un-fun later?

Yeah, the camera angles on the later "old school" levels make those levels nigh-impossible. And when you get to the point that you need to do the "get 8 red coins for the shine" levels in order to advance, the game turns into a tedious chore very quickly. But that's just my opinion. There are a lot of really fun levels but the last few hours of gameplay ruined it for me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Ryan

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snake- First play of these games. Story is pretty out there and laughable, but also damn iconic and fun. I'm pretty much plaing it for the Kitamura cut scenes, but it is fun.

I don't know how others feel about this, but I preferred the Kojima-directed cut scenes by far, from what I saw. Kitamura appeared to take everything way over the top, I guess to make it his own. (For example, a backwards leap in one by Kojima translated into something like a quadruple backflip for Kitamura.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedigger

Yeah, the camera angles on the later "old school" levels make those levels nigh-impossible. And when you get to the point that you need to do the "get 8 red coins for the shine" levels in order to advance, the game turns into a tedious chore very quickly. But that's just my opinion.

No, I'd call that a fact. 5-7 hours in (about halfway through) the game just goes sour when you realize it's just gonna be this kind of repetition for the next half of the game.

Disappointing on its own terms. Downright shameful considering it's a Mario game.
Sith Lords....pretty good so far....damn games like this always start slow!
espn nhl2k5 for xbox... trying to make up for lack of the "real thing"

and

burnout 3...
Chronicles of Riddick

Psi-Ops

X-Men Legends
Riddick (xbox) - just completed - loved it, but wished I got more time with the big guns.
Ninja Gaiden (xbox) - keep getting wasted, disheartened, then come back to it after a month and progress a level or two, fall in love with it again... until I get wasted, disheartened...
GTA SA (ps2) - slowly moving through... can easily lose days at a time playing this.

Got Xmen legends and Onimusha 3 waiting on the sidelines, but am too busy to get to them... which sucks hard.
Ninja Gaiden (thanks Tony Ryan) and it's kicking my ass... Repeatedly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Savage

Just bought a ps2, had a hunt around in the Bargin bin at Game and got.

If you just got a PS2, pick up any of the Ratchet and Clank games. In my opinion, the best 3-D platformers ever and THE reason to own a PS2. I'd play them in order though, because if you start with the third, the first might just seem boring.

I'm currently dividing my game time between Psi-ops, Ratchet and Clank 3, and World of Warcraft. I don't like to stretch myself between too many games, but next I got MGS3 and the first Prince of Persia.
Am putting my summer break to good use by staying indoors and playing:

Rome: Total War ("Victory!!"Wink

Half Life 2 (Got it for xmas, am still only up to Entanglement - I don't wanna finish it!)

Dawn of War against my brother-in-law ("Cut them down!!!"Wink

And as soon as my friend is done playing Halo 2 on my X-box and gives it back, I'll get KOTOR 2. Then I'm back at uni...
World of Warcraft

I'd be splitting time between this and MVP if Pennant Chase didn't look so damn promising.
nothing but plowing through half-life 2, again, using the super gravity gun. tossing combine soldiers into the air and watching them land anywhere is just obscenely satisfying.
I can't quite escape the twin delights of Football [that's Soccer to you guys] Manager 2005 and Combat Mission: Afrika Korps
After having it sitting here for a year, gathering dust, I got past the 3rd battle in Final Fantasy Tactics. Now that I've gotten used to it, I'm hardcore addicted.
As of tonight, I'm now playing MLB 2K5. Fuck EA, baby.
Unreal 2k4. jesus, nobody is playing on the servers at all these days. found one with a nice population of murderers. whoever churned out that remake of Torlan did a great job giving that old level some badly needed fresh air. fighting over that hilltop node is just brutal with everybody throwing everything they got at it...tanks, plasma tanks, the cicada's, raptors, manta's, artillery gun, laser turrets, machinegun turrets, redeemers...

going around in a manta destroying enemy armor is the key to that level...giving some poor bastards enough time to build a node and cut off the enemy; after that - smooth sailing.

super mario bros 3 on the gameboy advance. finished it several times...absolutely great that you can pick whatever level you want (after completing the entire game). still need to track down a copy of yoshi's island.
I finished all the races (well, except for that fucking GP with the F-1 racer. fuck that race) and I think I'm almost finished with the crash junctions on Burnout 3. After that I think I'll finally get back to San Andreas.
that fucker pissed me off to pieces. here I was thinking I was a cool cat finishing first in that race, not noticing it was a GP series...and had to do the other races...all in one sitting. my eyes were bugging out as I inched closer to the tv trying to get some kind of edge against the speed, enemy cars, and tracks.
It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't any lens flares. I don't know how many times I've been in the lead for 90% of the race only to finish last because I was taken out five seconds from the finish line because a lens flare hid an oncoming car from my sight.
Now playing GTA SA and consquently that is all im playing!
I'm still juggling a few games here and there, but more than anything I've been playing Onimusha Tactics for the GBA (on my DS). I'm kind of using it to get a feel for turn based strategy games since it's not the deepes tgame ever, but it is a lot of fun. Some of the cutscenes in between levels are pretty funny. It's kind of goofy, but I love it.
I finished Windwaker the other day, and I haven't picked up anything since. At some point, I'll get around to finishing Halo 2, Splinter Cell 2, and all the other games I've bought in the last few months that I haven't gotten around to. And then I'll buy KOTOR II and SC: Chaos Theory and get further behind on my video gaming.
Got a GC for Christmas, played through 75% of Mario Kart. I then bought and beat Twin Snakes, followed by Eternal Darkness. Now I'm playing Skies of Arcadia Legends. I got about 1/2way through the original before my DC stopped reading the bootleg I'd gotten. Again, it's borderline cutie pie, and the ship-to-ship combat is uneven, but its still one of the more satisfying RPGs I've touched.

All this is puncuated by regular Xbox relapses into Halo 2 and NHL 2K5.

Granted I play a lot less now that I have to fight over the tv in the living room because I can't pull my girlfriend away from Animal Crossing.
World of Warcraft takes up 90% of my gaming time. When the wife needs the pc then it's split between Resident Evil 4, ESPN NFL2K and ESPN NHL2K5
just some great games you've gotten your hands on legless.

started playing kotor 2 again. on dantoine killing things in the old academy. if the opening of the game weren't so tedious I'd start all over and play it on the pc - the x-box screen resolution is scraping my eyes, could be a little more crisper.

mindlessly enjoying it still, but hope to get around advancing the story.
World of Warcraft is consuming me again. On the consoles I've been scheduling the occasional Halo 2 Live match. And I'm holding my breath for the release of SC:CT on the 31st.
Star Wars Galaxies (PC): I've been playing this game for a few months now. Good stuff.

Civilization III: Conquests (PC)

X-Men Legends (XBOX)

Spider-Man 2 (XBOX)

Evil Genius (PC)

City of Heroes (PC)

Vampire (PC)
Well, I want to play Devil May Cry 3, but thanks to Blockbuster's new "No Late Fees" shenanigans, it's a pretty safe bet that any new game will be gone from their stores for at least a month, maybe two.

I just recently went through Metal Slug Advance and Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow again, tho.
Still bangin' away on Godzilla: Save the Earth. My kid really loves that game.
Brothers in Arms

God of War

The Bard's Tale

And soon... VERY soon... SPLINTER CELL: CHAOS THEORY