Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf are you playing...
I havent scratched the surface of the story in Spider-Man and ive already collected all backpacks, taken all landmark pictures and activated all towers.
That alone is proof of how freaking great this game is, since Ive never been this engrossed in just moving around an open world game.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
I think it also helps that it’s nowhere near as big as some other examples of this genre. This amount of collectibles I can reasonably get. Leave me wanting more!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(09-15-2018, 06:08 PM)shaunh Wrote: Just got finished beating the utter piss out of Guacamelee 2, good ending included (suck it, Crucible!). Only trophy I'm missing is beating it on Hard.

I've got the first one ready to start as soon as I finish Hollow Knight... And Ori. And Injustice 2. And Mankind Divided.
Get on that shit, freema!
(09-16-2018, 03:32 AM)ryoken Wrote: I havent scratched the surface of the story in Spider-Man and ive already collected all backpacks, taken all landmark pictures and activated all towers.
That alone is proof of how freaking great this game is, since Ive never been this engrossed in just moving around an open world game.

Fistbump fellow ocd brotha.  I did the same exact thing.  No Aunt May fuck your party, I got junk to collect around town.

Shadow of the zzzzzzzzz - I'm fucking bored playing this Tomb Raider dlc.  Why can't I swing from tree to tree, or web enemies to logs and sail them off waterfalls.  This game started out with so much promise with a cool first chapter.  Then they do the predictable bullshit thing of taking away your cool gear and abilities all over again.  Fuck this, I'm going back to Spider-Man.

Forza Horizon 4 - Demo was great.  Full game is now preloaded for when it goes live.

Divinity OS2 Definitive Edition - This was my jam until Spider-Man 2.  Went with Lohse as my main, Skeletor as a necro summoner, Dwarfy as a tank, and Imadeupthisname-rightyes-rpggametrope as a rogue archer.  Elf girl got all pissy so she'd dead now.  If I could I'd go back to Fort Joy and steal her Face-Off.  Larian should just dump the fantasy rpg shit with the humans/dwarfs/elves...make me a fucking animal rpg with the same nifty pet pal writing those characters get.  I'll probably return to this after Platinuming Spidey.
coulda been the willie nelson
coulda been the wine
I'm into Tomb Raider. Had a bit of a rough start because I chose to start on Super-Hard, without realizing that it removed autosaving and because of the game's streaming system, deaths without a checkpoint save cause massive loads. Waaaay too tedious and frustrating.

Now playing on regular old Hard and enjoying it quite a bit. The story's good, the gameplay is finely honed, and the puzzles are a lot more interesting without the hand-holding. I've made it to the small town that probably acts as the hub for the bulk of the game, and it's cool to listen in on conversations while deciding where to head next.

My only complaints are the same nitpicks I had with the last title: Lara kills more people than nu-Rambo, she has weird shaggy hair, and their effort to de-sexy her leaves her with some really boring outfits. The latter matters even more this time around since she has crafted gear with special perks. It was pretty disappointing to make my Jaguar-hunter's outfit and see a splotch of barely visibly spotted mess appear draped over her drab gear.

Still, a really strong outing. I am glad they're calling it the end of a trilogy though, as hopefully they'll evolve the game a bit more for the next installment. Too many of the same game leads to disaster. Assassin's Creed just won me back after skipping a couple titles entirely, as their new Odyssey looks like a real leap forward narratively. I'd hate to get tired of Tomb Raider.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Telltale Games may be closing down.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/21/17888...lking-dead
That's a damned shame. Granted, their last few games went downhill a bit... but IMHO they created better Walking Dead stories than BOTH the show AND the comics. Also, The Wolf Among Us is a modern classic that everyone should play. (I've never even read Fables, but the game is just that damned great!)

Hell, I even loved their Game of Thrones game!
-The Dexter Morgan of Assholes
(09-21-2018, 07:54 PM)farsight Wrote: Still, a really strong outing. I am glad they're calling it the end of a trilogy though, as hopefully they'll evolve the game a bit more for the next installment. Too many of the same game leads to disaster. Assassin's Creed just won me back after skipping a couple titles entirely, as their new Odyssey looks like a real leap forward narratively. I'd hate to get tired of Tomb Raider.

Agreed on all counts.