Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf are you playing...
Only an hour or two into Fallen Order and haven’t noticed anything material as far as glitches.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(11-22-2019, 07:05 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Death Stranding has been the most impressively polished major release I've seen this year. Rock solid 30fps 1080p on ps4 slim. Just 2 tiny 1gb patches since release for online stuff.

I've been meaning to check out the dunkey review on Death Stranding.

(11-22-2019, 06:40 PM)cd underbelly Wrote: I mean even now, when was the last notable Japanese game that shipped as a buggy mess that needed patching? I can't think of any. It's all American or European stuff that's disastrous.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the night comes to mind as a very buggy Japanese developed game. The switch version was almost unplayable, but all versions had slowdown and dropped frames.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
I'm dicking around with Kingdom Hearts 3! After the ad campaign for this game started a year ago, I remembered how much I enjoyed this series when I was younger, and decided to revisit the older games. They were so much shittier than I remembered, I never got around to the new one, but now I got it cheap and I'm playing it!

It's fine. Looks really nice. I hope it's short.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(11-22-2019, 08:13 PM)Neil Spurn Wrote: Only an hour or two into Fallen Order and haven’t noticed anything material as far as glitches.

Framerate starts to chug when you visit Kashyyyk for the second time.

There's also this: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/20/...eaking-bug
“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
From the Article:
Quote:EA is currently working on a fix for a game-breaking bug in Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order that forces players to restart the campaign, losing potentially hours of progression.

The bug can be found on Dathomir, one of the planets provided as a destination option when the game allows players to choose their own path for the first time. The area is limited for lower-powered players as it requires the use of Force abilities to properly navigate. However, a chasm that should require a double-jump to cross can be navigated across without the jump. The problem is, you can’t make the journey back without the skill.

Seems like the easiest fix for this and any other potentially soft locking bug where a player gets where they shouldn’t be, would be to implement an element directly from the Soulsborne games that Fallen Order takes a ton of inspiration from. Namely give the player an infinitely reusable item that lets them teleport back to home base, which would be their ship in this case. 

Dark Souls has the Dark Sign and Bloodborne has the Hunter’s Mark. Since the use of these items basically counts as a death and causes the player to lose their souls/echoes it isn’t really an option players can use to escape from enemy encounters that have gone bad. Which always made me think that those items were mostly there for the exact purpose of if the player accidentally softlocks themself in a game that uses a one-save-file per playthrough system.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
(11-23-2019, 05:06 AM)Tim K Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 06:40 PM)cd underbelly Wrote: I mean even now, when was the last notable Japanese game that shipped as a buggy mess that needed patching? I can't think of any. It's all American or European stuff that's disastrous.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the night comes to mind as a very buggy Japanese developed game. The switch version was almost unplayable, but all versions had slowdown and dropped frames.

Eh that's a crowd funded game with a small development team. I'll give that a pass.

I'm talking like anything from Capcom or Sqeenix that shipped in the last few years as a mess.
Git' in under mah belly!
Might be because it's the Switch version. I've had Bloodstained from Steam since launch and never had a single issue with it.

Indie/crowd funded games are giving me more bang for my buck than 90% of AAA games in the past 10 years or so. At the very least, they don't nickel and dime me to death with micro transactions.
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
I decided not to buy a single game in 2020. It's backlog only for a year.
PSN: Kriegaffe
I'm loving JEDI: FALLEN ORDER right now. Especially now that I've gotten some serious Force powers and a double bladed lightsaber. The story's pretty good so far, the mix of action/exploring is great.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(12-08-2019, 05:23 AM)headless fett Wrote: I'm loving JEDI: FALLEN ORDER right now. Especially now that I've gotten some serious Force powers and a double bladed lightsaber. The story's pretty good so far, the mix of action/exploring is great.

Yeah, having a pretty great time with this as well. Love to see what they could do with a(n inevitable) sequel.
(11-23-2019, 07:43 PM)Anjin Wrote: Might be because it's the Switch version. I've had Bloodstained from Steam since launch and never had a single issue with it.

Indie/crowd funded games are giving me more bang for my buck than 90% of AAA games in the past 10 years or so. At the very least, they don't nickel and dime me to death with micro transactions.

Bloodstained, Blasphemous, and Blazing Chrome are my favourite games of the year.

All indies and they all started with “B”.

PSN having their End of the Year sale. I got Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, and Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

I am either a total console scrub or the aiming in the port sucks because holy shit it takes me forever to kill scrub stormtroopers since theire's no lock-on or aim assist of any kind. Kinda sucking the fun out of it as I struggle to circle-strafe just to kill one trooper. On top of that the game was released without an option to invert the aiming, but luckily when I bought it it had been patched in.

Starlink is a fun open galaxy space shooter/resource gatherer. Kinda like No Man's Sky, but without the crafting and with an actual story and with actual characters. I had hoped to put off buying this in favor of the Switch version for the exclusive Starfox content, but by all accounts that's the inferior version technically speaking, and I'm waiting to buy a Switch until Bayonetta 3 comes out, whenever that is.
Git' in under mah belly!
Resident Evil 3 remake is out April 3rd 2020! Time for that Hard mode replay of RE2make.
I just saw that trailer and was reminded that I have yet to play the Resident Evil 2 remake. I better get to that in January.

I'm sinking an embarrassing amount of hours into Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pillars of Eternity 2. Man, there's a lot of good CRPGs out now. Tyranny is on my to-do list, and I've got to get over my fears and deep dive into Divinity: Original Sin 2.

One of the few perks of being divorced and unemployed: I can finally play real RPGs again!
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
Finished Fallen Order. My favorite Star Wars story since KOTOR easily, including all the Disney movies.

If Respawn expands on it and ups their game for the sequel like they did Titanfall 2? Game of the year for that year. Hands down.
Signed up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC and started playing Sea of Thieves! It's pretty fun! Usually play with my son (plus his friends from time to time) but I have gotten brave enough to take up some solo adventures lately. Almost every time is completely different from the last. I was trying to finish off a delivery the other night, and some dude just showed up on the Outpost (we call them homeless people) and killed me and took my delivery. When I respawned, he was still there, and we started throwing fire pots at each other, then we both jumped into the water and I kept trying to kill him with my sword. He kept dodging, then I realized I could shoot him so I pulled out my flintlock and shot him once. Then he pulled out his blunderbuss which had to be reloaded as he'd shot at me once, so then I switched to my sword as he reloaded and killed him. And his boat wasn't on the island, so he was just gone. We did a couple of Arena games last night and those were fun too.
A few years behind, but I got both Evil Within games for Christmas. I'm a big Resident Evil fan, so my buddy thought I'd like them because they have the Mikami factor in common. You can definitely see RE 4's DNA in the first game, but holy shit is it difficult. Save for Code Veronica, the RE games are walk in the park by comparison.
Because of The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandolorian, and buying the PS4 port of Jedi Outcast on sale last month, I've been on kind of a Star Wars high, so I went ahead and got Jedi: Fallen Order.

So far so good, if a little janky. It takes a while to get the hang of the block & parry system, but when you do it's oh so satisfying. Deflcting blaster bolts back at the faces of Stormtroopers never gets old.
Git' in under mah belly!
I'm 2/3 of the way through Luigi's Mansion 3, it's been a great time. Very lively settings and character animation, fun exploration and puzzly bits. The tank style controls aren't great, but they only get in the way during a couple of the bosses.
I'm nearly three years late to it, but I'm deep into Horizon Zero Dawn and GODDAMN this is the SF epic I didn't know I needed. I love everything about this game. I was heading into a burnout on modern gaming in general, but this almost single handedly pulled myself out of that funk.
Yeah HZD is pretty good. The lone expansion is kind of even better.
Git' in under mah belly!
I hit the reveal of what 'Zero Dawn' is, and I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight.
(01-09-2020, 05:06 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: I'm 2/3 of the way through Luigi's Mansion 3, it's been a great time. Very lively settings and character animation, fun exploration and puzzly bits. The tank style controls aren't great, but they only get in the way during a couple of the bosses.

I got this for my son for Christmas and he hasn't played it much because he says its too hard; I guess I have to help him with the puzzle solving aspects of the game. 

I picked up Batman: Arkham Knight at Gamestop for $10! Well worth the $$$. I know the game is a couple of years old, but Holy Shit is it fun.
Could try playing co-op with Gooigi. My friend and his girlfriend played the whole game together like that.
(01-13-2020, 01:39 AM)mondguy Wrote: I hit the reveal of what 'Zero Dawn' is, and I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Have you done any of the Frozen Wilds expansion yet? The Fire Claw beasts in later quests will have you smashing your controller in anger at how long they take to kill.
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
(01-19-2020, 09:03 AM)bigbrother Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:39 AM)mondguy Wrote: I hit the reveal of what 'Zero Dawn' is, and I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Have you done any of the Frozen Wilds expansion yet? The Fire Claw beasts in later quests will have you smashing your controller in anger at how long they take to kill.

Not yet.  I just finished the main campaign and I'm doing some side quest stuff to level up before I head to the expansion.

Also, fuck Ted Faro.  Fuck him twice.
(01-13-2020, 10:24 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Could try playing co-op with Gooigi. My friend and his girlfriend played the whole game together like that.

This def. helped. Thanks.
(01-12-2020, 06:49 PM)mondguy Wrote: I'm nearly three years late to it, but I'm deep into Horizon Zero Dawn and GODDAMN this is the SF epic I didn't know I needed. I love everything about this game. I was heading into a burnout on modern gaming in general, but this almost single handedly pulled myself out of that funk.

You have the PS Now service too huh? I love it so far. I really adore post apocalypse stories where the world becomes LUSH again.
Dark Souls Remastered on Xbox One X, going to beat this properly once and for all!

The new version feels much smoother than the janky original PC port I tried. Very sharp, nice environmental effects, and they did what they could with the old textures.

I've beat Bloodborne + DLC and DS3, do it should be doable. Going with Pyro and Dex weapon.
I beat the Capra Demon. I'm almost on the verge of tears. It was 4 or 5 years ago I first tried, spending several hours on it, ultimately giving up.

On this go around with the Remaster version, took me about 5 or 6 tries. The locked 60fps helped a lot, and it would be impossible without camera autocorrect disabled. A random lucky roll to the right of the Capra's first slash, a couple blind swings in the general direction of the dogs, up the stairs to heal, rinse and repeat. Used the upgraded Heater Shield and Uchigatana. What a pain in the ass! Definitely one of the most random and annoying fights in an otherwise great game series.
I did beat Dark Souls 1. Didn't end up needing any summons or anything. Once I got the Claymore +15 and upgraded Pyromancy Flame, the 2nd half was a lot easier. It's a similar difficulty curve to Bloodborne. DS3 was significantly harder, since the bosses all have less exploitable weaknesses, more HP, and more deadly rapid attacks.

So DS1 isn't my favorite in the series, but it's a brilliant game worth it's reputation. I'll probably go through NG+1 since I didn't do the Astoria DLC.

Full disclosure, I did look up the easiest path to run through Tomb of the Giants on Youtube, hehe.
Got the Bioshock Collection as part of this month's "free" games for PS+. I never played Bioshock 2 despite completing the other two, so I went straight to that one first. Pretty enjoyable.

I beat it a few days back so I just recently started the Minerva's Den DLC. I don't care about challenges so I ignored the Protector Trials, but as soon as I got to the first Gatherer's Garden it said I would get a nice bonus if I complete the Protecter Trials. It suggested I go and try that and then come back to the story to receive the bonus, so that's what I'm doing now.

Otherwise the new Champion Edition of Street Fighter V just came out. I figured it was too good a deal to pass up considering how much of a grind it would be to unlock everything without paying extra, or how much it would cost to buy all (most) of the DLC raw. I haven't played the game in years and there's been tons of shit added that would either require months of grinding or over 100 dollars to unlock, so 30 dollars seemed like nothing.
Git' in under mah belly!