Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Batman Begins TV Spot?
Am I seeing things or did anyone else see a quick 30 second TV spot for Batman Begins? I got home from work yesterday at around 6pm and turned on ESPN. All of a sudden I saw Christian Bale, in the batsuit, running and jumping off a building. As he is about to hit the ground, he begins to swing towards the camera and the cape opens up enveloping the screen in darkness. Title. June 17. Drool....

Was this a dream?
There seems to be a series of them. I saw one of a setting sun, with a high pitched scrreching in the background, and as the sun set, the screen became overfilled with bats until darkness. "Batman Begins--June 17th". I can't remember, but I think they already have it rated as PG-13. Whole thing was about 15 seconds.

It's a cool, subtle marketing strategy, teasing people with the movie, getting it into public awareness before ramping up the ads later this year.
http://www.worldofkj.com

We got the one with the bats screaming. Still waiting for get word on the other one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by g-dude

There seems to be a series of them. I saw one of a setting sun, with a high pitched scrreching in the background, and as the sun set, the screen became overfilled with bats until darkness. "Batman Begins--June 17th". I can't remember, but I think they already have it rated as PG-13. Whole thing was about 15 seconds.

It's a cool, subtle marketing strategy, teasing people with the movie, getting it into public awareness before ramping up the ads later this year.

I saw that one and wondered how I'd missed the rest of it.
I haven't seen any, and lord knows I watch plenty of TV (although I do TIVO a lot and fast forward the commercials). Where have they been besides ESPN?
I saw some of the toys at the Wal Mart across the street. Pretty much show you what the Scarecrow looks like.
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...ns/trailer.php
Um yeaah.. after watching that last TV promo, people should stop bitchin' about Batman looking stiff and bulky... Looks fuckin' awesome if you ask me...especially the shot of him walking down the bat infested hallway... Watched it in slo motion, and I saw a shot of the Scarecrow on a red eyed horse that was shooting some sort of fireball out of it's mouth..perhaps the fear gas?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin

I have no idea what a fire-breathing demon horse is doing in this movie, but it was fucking awesome. Does anyone have any explanation? Does it come from any of the comics?

I could explain it, but it's a bit of a spoiler.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin

I have no idea what a fire-breathing demon horse is doing in this movie, but it was fucking awesome. Does anyone have any explanation? Does it come from any of the comics?

It's not a spoiler, it's a hallucination brought on by the Scarecrow's fear gas.
Yay! Obnoxious nu-metal!

Looks decent, but I'm still not feeling it, sadly.
Oh I'm feeling it, even with the shit nu-metal, Wayne's off-handed comment about his car, and Oldman's accent (which I still can't quite make out).

Only thing that really strikes me odd is that the production design of Batman Begins is starting to look very much like the Goyer penned (and lamely realized) "The Crow: City of Angels". I suppose you can only show the urban decay of a crime ridden city in so many ways, but the palette is damn near identical.
Yeah, with the piss-yellow filters.

Christ, I sure hope it's better than that.
The spots suck. I would have liked to see dark and mysterious instead of heavy metal montages with stupid one-liners. It cheapens what I thought this movie was trying to do.
Well, fanboys on internet message boards are the minority to the average movie going public. They have to be able to sell this movie to everyone some how. That's why they have those different spots. One's for the story with Katie Holmes, one has Bruce Wayne crackin' a few jokes, and the other is just some other spots. It seems to be the cool thing now to be anti-Batman Begins, and I don't know why. I know that people are upset that they're not getting the Batman movie they want, but when that absolutely atrocious incarnation of Batman (a.ka. Batman RETURNS) came out, that wasn't the version I wanted, but I still enjoy it.
Well there are sooo many variations of Batman, people are going to be hard to please. I'm sure Batman Begins will deliver the goods, but we really won't know and shouldn't pass judgement until we see it.
Wow, people bitching about Warners trying to sell the movie they spent 100 million on. Didn't see it coming.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt45

Wow, people bitching about Warners trying to sell the movie they spent 100 million on. Didn't see it coming.

Yeah, cause when trying to sell a movie, they should always go for the lowest common denominator angle. At least the trailers added some gravity and drama to the proceedings. Whereas these look like they were done by DAREDEVIL's marketing team.
People need to stop bitching..I like all the new trailers, even the one with the God-awful music.. Ya know why? because it informs someone who didn't care to read the script (me) that there looks to be some kickass action scenes in this movie, which was actually one of the things I was most worried about. I like Nolan a lot, but he has yet to do a movie that's not drama/thriller. This trailer with the "I-hate-my-father" music proves to me that he at least has an eye for action/adventure, and that we won't be seeing Batman constantly crying all the time come June.
Its a bleeding commercial. We're complaining that its not dark, moody, or brooding enough? For godsakes its just a tv spot, those complaints should be saved for the actual movie. This is a damned expensive film, they have to sell it, if it doesnt do well we won't see more.
I think the firebreathing tv spot was pretty awesome, sure the music wasnt to great, but the rest was fantastic. Even the one-liners, who said Bruce can't have a sense of humour, and still be twisted.