Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whither CHUDstories?
http://chud.com/news/2373
Hey! i sent in a pulp crime story called 'box' about a month ago, and a couple of my 'twisted childhood' stories actually got rejected. I...disagreed with their decision, but i respected it. but anyway, what the hell do you want?
I was pretty proud of the two stories I sent in, that were rejected. I'll continue licking my wounds, if you don't mind.
Trin and Van, thank you for the submissions anyways. That doesn't go unnoticed. My point was simply to raise awareness of the section again as it's been quiet of late.

Out of sight, out of mind. We don't want that.

Another thing I forgot to mention... Until we get some freshness up on the front page, we'll be running some of the older stories that are still in our archives.
Well, I've been writing my dead body experience story in my spare time and will send it to you soon. I also have another story that I'd love to send, but it doesn't fit into any of the categories.
I'm a bit wary of sending anything because of the quality of my writing...but if I do something that might be good I'll try to submit it.
If you never got a response, please re-submit. Could have been lost in the changeover. Everything I have, I sent a response on or published. If you didn't like the notes, well, that's another issue.
What sort of length are we talking about here? I've written a couple short scripts I could more or less adapt into stories, but I want to know how long I can make them before I get to writing.
Sent in a Pulp Crime story when you first announced it. It's cool if you don't want to use it, but I didn't get any response. Should I not be expecting one?
Quote:

Originally Posted by NickName

Sent in a Pulp Crime story when you first announced it. It's cool if you don't want to use it, but I didn't get any response. Should I not be expecting one?

As Kirbs said

Quote:

If you never got a response, please re-submit. Could have been lost in the changeover. Everything I have, I sent a response on or published. If you didn't like the notes, well, that's another issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlton Stevens

I'm a bit wary of sending anything because of the quality of my writing...but if I do something that might be good I'll try to submit it.

Send it in. It may get rejected but you'll get feedback which every writer needs who wishes to improve.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Clarke

what the hell do you want?

More submissions apparently.
Did mine get rejected?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fett

Did mine get rejected?

I'm wondering about mine, as well. I submitted one as an attachment, then in text format at Kirby's request. No response either time. If it sucks, that's fine; let me know. But let me know something.
I just sent the last two I got back to Kirbs and neither one of them were yours. (At least I don't think they were.)
You might wanna send it in again, Frank. It's possible it was simply filtered out as spam.
I sent my pulp crime story 'box' a second time about 2 weeks ago (probably the 8th). if both were filtered for spam then submitting could well be a problem. Just possibly it is the problem behind the lack of submissions.
maybe you should take off your spam filter for 5 minutes at an advertised, pre-ordained time and we'll send them again. I promise i will not make your penis bigger.
Actually, I do have my program set up to allow any and all things CHUD.

My advice: Don't alter your subject lines to read anything other than CHUDSTORIES SUBMISSION. If you're submitting for a particular section, resubmitting, or whatever... just say so in the body of the email.
OK. I might just give the story another pass over before i send it in again. Thanks again for the time, Chest, and thanks for the patience on my bitching.
Good deal, I'll send it again tonight.
Yeah, I don't want to sound redundant or anything, but I resubmitted a piece( "The Wheels on the Bus"Wink for Pulp Crime around two days ago, and I haven't received a response yet. The subject line said CHUDSTORIES SUBMISSION, and all that. I don't want to resubmit it again just in case you did get it, because I don't want to clog up your email with the same stuff. Should I wait for a response? It's okay if it still needs work, I just wanted to get it in before the end of April.
I caught that one and liked it quite a bit. I threw it back to Kirbs so hopefully it'll be up soon.

Hunt him down and kneecap 'im.
Okay, I finally wrapped up my story. I'm going to let it cool tonight then give it a final polish tomorrow morning (just under the wire!) before submitting it.

I PMed Chest Rockwell about how to deal with italics since you guys just want an e-mail/text file, and he suggested I send a second e-mail with the story as a Word attachment, so you all would be able to see how to format it (if it ain't rejected outright).

Not sure if Chest is on the Submissions e-mail list, so wanted to give the powers that be a heads up that the second e-mail from me, with the attachment, is not to be destroyed. Not spam, just a .doc file. In fact, I strongly suggest you read the Word version before even looking at the first e-mail. It'll read 1000 times better.

And thanks! First story I've felt like finishing in years. So even if you deem it sucky, it felt great.
Thanks for the heads up, Trav.

Go ahead and send those emails when you can. I'm on that list.
Sent.

Not too late? Saw the new category on the main page (most excellent -- and most excellent graphic!), along with the Clearing The Slate warning not to submit stories right now.
Nah, we'll take it since you warned me about it a few days ago.

Thanks.
Aces, thanks.

I've never seen a deadline that I couldn't crash into splinters.
What if you sent in something a few days before this recent cut off came to be?