Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tired Shit
Holy shit. Nothing but good thoughts sent your way, both of you. Wow.
HP good luck, I agree with the group, make sure your resume is up to date and paper the town with it!

Fraid, I’m so sorry to hear about your current situation. I wish I could help. Feel free to PM or reach out if you need anything.
Positive thoughts for both of you. For all of you. And voodoo curses for your dick manager.
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
Ha thank you. I got 4 people to sign up for their shitty store credit card today, so hopefully that keeps him off my back for awhile. There are a couple different job opportunities I'm going to look into next week. Right now I'm just focused on making it to the weekend.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.
Holy shit Fraid, I'm just reading this now and I'm so sorry to hear it. I went through a similar period in my life where the losses piled up and I wasn't sure they would stop. Trying to pretend things are normal doesn't work. I had that same overwhelming loss to the point of emotional burnout, so I know precisely what you're going through.
(02-06-2019, 11:10 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Please....for your own sanity and sense of satisfaction...find something better, on the down low, so you can stick them with a nice, petty "fuck you" as a going away present. I used to work in a place like that and some of the biggest stupidest assholes I've ever worked for were in a grocery store. Did you say you were in grocery? Well....store's a store anyway....you get it.

This week, man. This week has just about finished me off. My heart is so heavy with grief that I can't function properly at the moment. A good friend of mine died in a car accident over the weekend. I don't know what to do or how to feel and my mind is in a pretty dark place. And then, just....completely out of nowhere BOTH my pets died a day apart the next two days after my friend. I don't know where to start grieving first....or last. It's like it's all one big, gray mass. The Nothing is consuming everything. This happened days ago and I thought carrying on here and kidding around would bring some needed normality but I can't shake this. I wasn't even going to mention it here because it sounds so over the top but I gotta spill it somewhere. I have no work at the moment to occupy my mind and this house is too quiet now..

I am so, so, sorry man. Having to deal with all that shit would be devastating to anyone. Don't be afraid to vent and talk it out. Keeping that bottled in is not healthy.

You're in my thoughts brother.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Codename! Hey man! Thanks for the kind words. It feels like forever since I've talked to you last..
I'm mostly on Discord these days. Still pop my head in to lurk here now and then so if you need to talk to anyone, by all means PM me.

-vanishes back into the shadows-
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
I am not sure where to post this, as it’s equal parts horrifying, bizarre and, dare I say relieving, but overall since it concerns guns I’ll post it here under tired shit.

Last night at 7:40pm a man with an assault caliber rifle fired 19 times into the Golden Dragon restaurant which was a block away from where I was eating with a group of friends. He was maybe 100 meters away from us.

Amazingly even though the Golden Dragon restaurant was busy at the time, none of it’s staff or patrons have reported as being injured and the suspect is in custody. It was very surreal and I can’t help but think of that scene in Pulp Fiction where the kid turns the corner in the apartment and empties a clip at Jules and Vincent only to miss every shot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-latest-ma...t-shooting
(Wish I could pick something other than a Fox News link, but it was the most up to date on the details)
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
Ye gods. Glad you're all safe and sound.
Seconded. Very glad you're OK, Tim.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Thanks for the responses, I’m also glad that everything turned out okay. What made it particularly surreal is that my friends and I were dining at the very back of a sports bar style of restaurant that plays showtunes on all their TVs on Tuesday nights and the music was so loud that it drowned out the gunfire and sirens, so my friends and I were oblivious to everything that was going on until one of my friends decided to go have a smoke and found out that the restaurant had closed off the patio. If someone had started to fire into where we were dining then I don’t know if we’d have heard it and ducked as quickly as the people in the restaurant that was targeted.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
I know this is well-covered ground, but the secondary ticket market is just the worst kind of dirtbag bullshit. I shouldn't have to pay 5 TIMES the face value for a ticket during the PRESALE period. If the artist saw any of that markup, I'd have an easier time wrapping my head around it. But they don't, and some creep who developed a bot that snatches up tickets and tosses them out on StubHub, VividSeats, and ScrewYouIGotMine makes an unjustifiable fortune. Thankfully, I got Nick Offerman tickets straight from Satan-Live Nation at face value, but I saw tickets in the same row where I got mine (for $65 + fees) for $190 + fees. What a fucking racket...

Richard Dickson:  No, it's just that people don't understand the history and struggle of the English language, or else they'd use it properly. They're anti-semantic.
(03-21-2019, 11:32 AM)sean blackwell Wrote: I know this is well-covered ground, but the secondary ticket market is just the worst kind of dirtbag bullshit.  I shouldn't have to pay 5 TIMES the face value for a ticket during the PRESALE period.  If the artist saw any of that markup, I'd have an easier time wrapping my head around it.  But they don't, and some creep who developed a bot that snatches up tickets and tosses them out on StubHub, VividSeats, and ScrewYouIGotMine makes an unjustifiable fortune.  Thankfully, I got Nick Offerman tickets straight from Satan-Live Nation at face value, but I saw tickets in the same row where I got mine (for $65 + fees) for $190 + fees.  What a fucking racket...

Pro tip:  I have only done this a few times, but for a concert that sells out quickly, you can often get amazing seats if you wait until the day before, or day of, to buy tickets.  I think it has something to do with the fact that companies buy up sections of seats that they reserve to give to clients.  If they cannot find someone to give them to, they release them and they are put back out for sale.  Most of the time, they will not advertise this, you just have to check on your own.

I did this earlier this year for Thom Yorke at the Chicago Theatre, which sold out in seconds when it first went on sale.  I went on Ticketmaster the day before the concert and got second row seats, almost dead center, at face value.  Needless to say, it was a great concert and worth every penny.  I'm planning on trying it again for Massive Attack this fall as it sold out super fast and they are playing the same venue.

I have to agree though, seeing tickets immediately pumped back out right after they are purchased is pretty annoying to see.  Ticketmaster does it on their own site too, it's not just secondary sites, which is even more irritating.
(03-21-2019, 11:44 AM)RCA Wrote: Pro tip:  I have only done this a few times, but for a concert that sells out quickly, you can often get amazing seats if you wait until the day before, or day of, to buy tickets.  I think it has something to do with the fact that companies buy up sections of seats that they reserve to give to clients.  If they cannot find someone to give them to, they release them and they are put back out for sale.  Most of the time, they will not advertise this, you just have to check on your own.

I did this earlier this year for Thom Yorke at the Chicago Theatre, which sold out in seconds when it first went on sale.  I went on Ticketmaster the day before the concert and got second row seats, almost dead center, at face value.  Needless to say, it was a great concert and worth every penny.  I'm planning on trying it again for Massive Attack this fall as it sold out super fast and they are playing the same venue.

I have to agree though, seeing tickets immediately pumped back out right after they are purchased is pretty annoying to see.  Ticketmaster does it on their own site too, it's not just secondary sites, which is even more irritating.

Great tip.  I've done the "day of" maneuver myself from time to time.  It's just a pain in the ass to plan if you're going in a group of larger than two or have to plan ahead due to childcare or whatnot.
Tired shit: having to pay in on your tax return for the first time in your life, because you didn't have health insurance for the majority of the year, because you were unemployed for the majority of the year and needed literally every spare dollar to avoid ending up homeless, but because you had unemployment insurance keeping you a thrillingly small distance from insolvency, you're considered to have been above the poverty line.

Fuck you, the ACA. I know we're all supposed to pretend that you're the greatest thing since sliced bread because horrible idiots want to make things even worse for poor people and that involves putting you on the chopping block, but seriously, fuck you.
I basically broke even this year. What I'm getting back from federal taxes, I'm paying in state taxes.

I used to get back close to a grand in a refund.
So, yesterday kinda sucked. The movie Tenebrae saved my sister's life. This is just some butterfly effect shit that scares the shit out of me the more I think about it. She had a seizure yesterday while I was at her house and I had to call 911, the whole bit.

When I order stuff from eBay, I get it sent to her house. They won't ship to my PO box for some reason. I ordered the Dario Argento movie Tenebrae a couple days ago. She called me yesterday evening to tell me it arrived. It got here abnormally fast. Went to pick it up and in the five minutes I was there, she flopped on the couch and started foaming at the mouth. She would have been there by herself for the next several hours. If I hadn't ordered that movie and it arrived when it did, nobody would've been there when that happened. Everything is fine now but.....that thought scares the absolute shit out of me..
(Yesterday, 07:22 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: So, yesterday kinda sucked. The movie Tenebrae saved my sister's life. This is just some butterfly effect shit that scares the shit out of me the more I think about it. She had a seizure yesterday while I was at her house and I had to call 911, the whole bit.

When I order stuff from eBay, I get it sent to her house. They won't ship to my PO box for some reason. I ordered the Dario Argento movie Tenebrae a couple days ago. She called me yesterday evening to tell me it arrived. It got here abnormally fast. Went to pick it up and in the five minutes I was there, she flopped on the couch and started foaming at the mouth. She would have been there by herself for the next several hours. If I hadn't ordered that movie and it arrived when it did, nobody would've been there when that happened. Everything is fine now but.....that thought scares the absolute shit out of me..

That's terrifying.  I'm glad your sister is doing ok.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually at her house checking on her right now. This year, I swear...so much BULL SHIT already. My nerves are for real fraid..
Wow. Hang in there, and good work handling that on the spot.
Yikes. Glad to hear that she's doing okay and that you were there for her.
That's crazy. I'm glad she's okay and hope this year gets better for you.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.