Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
No episode this week.

No comments this week.
Nailed it.

4+ Hours tonight and then back to normal.
FOUR HOURS FUCK YES!
*swoons*
This was delightful as heck and way too short. What a bunch of top notch listenerfolk you lads have!
We’ll do long one for #200.
Star Wars A New Hope airs Wednesday.
I've been savoring this shit. Just an awesome show and it was great to look back. Thanks for all the great work - can't wait for the new stuff, even the Caruso (which I disagree with you both on as I fuckin hate that guy).
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
She’s live! New MM song!
Holy shit that song...I was waiting to see if you were going to try the Bruce high note and was undercut by Jawas. Fuckin howling.

I like to imagine the cockpit of the sandcrawler to be like a conversion van. A bunch of captains chairs, carpet on the dashboard, etc.

Had to pause after the song but I'll rip through the rest tomorrow.
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
Yum! A comment!
The Empire Strikes... at midnight!
Been catching up on lots of episodes. All of them are amazing. Thank you both for continuing to bless the world with such content.
...think your phone autocorrected "curse" to "bless."

Thanks, T!
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
I've been going back through your STAR WARS material. You guys are way, way too kind to TROS, but I delight in the Porkins-directed cruelty and majesty of "(Do Do Do) Luke Is In The Bac-Ta".
Nick's song for the Return of the Jedi is really great, by the way.

My feelings for TROS are complex. I can't completely dislike it because I like Ridley and Driver too much. I think Ridley is actually great in it. But it's such a dropped ball (in my opinion) that it boggles the mind. And it follows (also IMO, obv) such a strong movie. It does not continue almost any of the threads from the previous film, and that's insane and sad to me.

Thanks for listening, schwartz.
Return of the Jedi is scheduled for 12am Wednesday.

Nothing will ever be the same again.
(10-11-2020, 03:45 PM)Kevin Matchstick Wrote: My feelings for TROS are complex. I can't completely dislike it because I like Ridley and Driver too much. I think Ridley is actually great in it. But it's such a dropped ball (in my opinion) that it boggles the mind. And it follows (also IMO, obv) such a strong movie. It does not continue almost any of the threads from the previous film, and that's insane and sad to me.

The cast is certainly not the problem in any respect.  And I don't even think TLJ is that strong a movie on the whole, but it is impressively ambitious for a giant blockbuster and has a refreshing willingness to challenge the series it sits within.  RISE is just insanely unambitious.
TLJ is such a loving tribute to the originals while carving out it's own space (ha!). Hamill giving his best performance as Luke. Damn. I mean...who doesn't want to talk about The Last Jedi??

Anyway, we're going to be doing Paul Hogan's angel movie soon.
It’s live, folks.
I'm only through Selacious Crumb on the Jedi, but have to hand it to you for three fuckin great songs. 1000 years from dude to shit...

I went and saw Empire at the local AMC for the 40th anniversary release and get ready for the cast. I too was taken out of the movie when Temura starting starting as Boba Fett. I definitely have seen a version that had it already, but for some reason I was still hearing that old mysterious Boba voice in my head (which The Mandilorian harkens back to really well). Props to Justin for adding a new phrase to the canon - 'smizz' I believe if what you called what the wampa used to get Luke up in the ceiling.

While I have a lot to go on the last ep, appreciate the positive start - for whatever reason I had expected more about why it's the 'worst' non-prequel Star Wars. It was the first one I saw as I kid (was 6 when it came out) and I've always loved it and I don't think it's just nostalgia. I do think you're a little hard on Jabba's physique, though...I expect all of the Hutt race to be pretty thick boys (though a google search has introduced me to an image from a comic that depicts a shredded Hutt with a 12 pack that I imagine will live with me forever). Haven't gotten to the part of the cast where you get into more of where Lucas added shit, but I have to think this movie was the worst offender.

Thanks for bringing the star wars without all the cynicism.
I just have to say that I snort laugh every time I fire up the pod, the Anchor pitch comes up and Nick says "Got something interesting to say?  It don't matter dog!"

Perfect delivery
Atlanta, GA
There is nothing I hate more than podcasters dragging out ad reads by trying to amuse themselves with their own riffing, but I have also never not chortled at a podcast opening with Nick matter-of-factly stating "I hang out at maternity wards."
Thank you!
All 3 of these OT eps have been top notch. The image of Chewie with a red ring of fur around his mouth will be with me ... always. The songs were aces too. The BALLS to take on a Chris Cornell song! Wondrous to the max.
Midnight: Almost an Angel
The first person to stroke in space is def Gus Grissom. Thats what happened to the hatch.
Yummy comment!
I always knew Grissom was a freak.
Angel Heart at midnight.

Let’s get some vitality in this thread.
I saw this movie way too young - had to have been 11 or 12. The last third of this movie totally fucked me up. Lisa Bonet going full voodoo has been imprinted on my brain. Excited to hear what you two have to say about it.
The only thing I remember about the movie is sweaty Lisa Bonet. Oh, and I guess Mickey Roarke was sweaty too.
Hopefully folks listen. And chat here about the episode!
Gillette the Right One In.
Disappointing to hear that the movie has become boring over time - that's certainly not what I would have expected from what I remember of it. Though I guess it makes sense w/ the idea that it has memorable imagery but a shit plot. Taking cues from DePalma on that one.

That voice mod you were using toward the end was freaking the shit out of me.

Hottest DeNiro gotta be Mary Shelley's Frankenstein's Creature.