Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
Great Movie! Great episode... though I'm only 25 minutes in. I came here to fight about the font of the title screen. It's my favorite thing about this movie. I always felt like it was a vaguely inspired by the title card of The Missouri Breaks, but I think I'm projecting. You've inspired me to revisit this movie tonight, it's been a long time.

Anytime someone says "TIGNOTARO" I go into a seizure fit, like an angrier version of what happened to Kramer whenever he heard Mary Hart's voice on Seinfeld. I hope Duvall lasts longer than anyone named TIG.
New episode is up! Rush (1991)
"... we watch a film through the piercing tunnel of legends ... we screech into the night ... begging ... and what comes back is a swollen treat from beyond celluloid ... and we look at it through the eyes and disseminate ... and as it courses through us we determine what makes or breaks and gurgitate it for you ..."

My new ringtone.

(12-09-2020, 05:23 PM)andrew c Wrote: Anytime someone says "TIGNOTARO" I go into a seizure fit, like an angrier version of what happened to Kramer whenever he heard Mary Hart's voice on Seinfeld. I hope Duvall lasts longer than anyone named TIG.

That seems odd. Is it because she turned against Louis CK after all those Revelations?
E.T. is live and waiting for you.
E.T. is dead and waiting for you.
Loved it. My festive season was hampered by a throat infection so it was super welcome to have a spirit-lifting zoom-in session to plug in while I lay on my sick bed hating the microbes who were trying to ruin Christmas for me.
Bucho! Oh, man. Hope you are feeling OK and healing quickly.
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
Cheers mate, I'll live. The last thing anyone from NZ should be doing right now is whining about a sore throat given how spoiled we are in terms of not even having to dodge Covid for months now.
Haywire is live!

Bucho you are the platinum standard. We love you.
The best gift I got this Chrsitmas was Justin's idea to have Bruce Willis teach a MasterClass on acting. It fills me with delight.
Really wish he wouldn't keep his acting secrets from us, schwartz! It's a crime almost.
Swimfan is up
Those riots could not have happened at a worse time. Swimfan!
Point Break @ midnight.
I'll never watch Swimfan but I might listen to that zoom at least 3 times.
Wait until you hear the new one!
Loving all this water-based zooming in 2021!
I can't believe there's a Carrie Busey Elementary School.
Had to jump back to the boards just to say that I've been singing "That Would Be a Waste of Time" for the past two days. So goddamn good.
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
That song makes me happy.
We get painfully little discussion in here these days but after a long hard day this hits the spot Doug. Thank you!
It was flat-out heart-warming to hear you chaps loving on Point Break so dang hard.
Love that Keidis got so much attention, but I'm a bit miffed that there was no zoom in on the epic delivery of "Whoa whoa, no way Bells is bigger than Waimea, brah!!!"
Under Siege is up!
Listening to the Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ep since I finally saw that movie.

Man was Nick in a MOOOOD that day!
Yeah
I liked Bogosian in US2 but always thought they should have made Nick Mancuso the lead heavy. They were set to bring Busey back but Seagal nixed that right before filming.

Would also very much like that Tommy Lee Jones dummy.
Another great episode. Posting this in case Justin hasn't seen it and is really interested in what Mr. Seagal is up to these days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ynfOMi...M&index=10
Awesome. I love Vic Berger. Smile
Midnight: Under Siege 2
SO!

I'm 43 years old and I watched half of Hard to Kill in 1990. That's all the Seagal I have ever watched. I decided to watch his first 6 or 7 movies in order and see what all the young kids are talking about. I enjoyed Above the Law, Hard to Kill (even better), and a corny violent dip in quality for Marked for Death. But still good. Out for Justice I hit a snag because I felt like old Steve was taking his Eye-talian accent a bit too far.

Long story short, I get to Under Siege the day you folks posted the Under Siege episode. Is this the universe telling me something? Are you guys listening in to my home like Instagram ads? What I have decided is 2 things: A) I prefer my Seagal in the Bronson/Dirty Harry mold of his first 4 movies a lot more than this Hollywood/Explosion iteration. and B) your episode was more fun than the movie. All the cooking and bouillabaisse scenes and knife fights were good. But I'll take Steve breaking hood arms in bodegas over this control room stuff.

I was going to tackle On Deadly Ground next, but your new episode is making me consider jumping over it.

Thanks for all the work you do in this fantastic terrific wonderful time we're living in.
(But actually, thanks to Georgia for all the good voting)

Edit: for what it's worth I'm also listening to every W.A.S.P. album in order this week. My stomach hurts.
Thanks, andrew. Sorry you are putting yourself through so much Seagal hell. Bit of a painseeker, I imagine. And who could blame? Been a hell of a 10+ mos. That said, you may get a kick out of Seagal not kicking his way through a train. There is another control room, so you have that to look forward to.
Never understood the appeal of Seagal. He doesn't even have the sort of physical charisma of a Van Damme or Dacascos. Wooden line delivery is nothing strange in an action hero, but looking awkward in motion is sort of anathema to the whole concept.
There is no appeal of Seagal. Which is why we are thrilled.
I haven't listened to this new episode yet, but started watching Part 2 and boy do they give him a wonderfully corny entrance. I notice his cottony black spray-on widow's peak hairdo is really starting to reveal itself in 1995. Can't wait for the episode. But I must.