Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
I'm the Valerie Plame of CHUD. Nick's the Karl Rove. My cover is blown!

Thanks for the shout-out and for answering my question, guys. This was great, and I can't wait for volume 2.
Who's going to play Anakin?
I'm definitely gonna check this out sometime this weekend. I just need to find some time to sit by the computer and go through this thread again to figure out how to find it through iTunes. A friend of mine uses cafepress for some of his band stuff. Pretty cool. I'll look into that too.
Subscribed!

Great work, gentlemen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Whitehead

Is this the thread to post questions for Episode 2?

By all means. Any suggestions, questions, what have you for future episodes...post it in here.
QUESTION FOR THE POD PEOPLE
What is the almost-great movie that frustrates you the most, and what would you change to make it the movie it should be?
Just wanted you guys know that I subscribed last night.

Question for Episode 2:

Whatever happened to Al Leong? I haven't seen him in a film in a while.
Matchstick Tribute: "Good point. He's been gone a leong time."
Are boobs in mainstream movies only there for those too young or invloved with Star Trek to get the real thing?
And what about violence?
Downloading now, this makes my morning....besides the fee is free, can't beat the price.
Quote:

Matchstick Tribute: "Good point. He's been gone a leong time."

Rock Me!
Quote:

QUESTION FOR THE POD PEOPLE
What is the almost-great movie that frustrates you the most, and what would you change to make it the movie it should be?

IMHO, that would be almost every super hero movie made within the last six years, with the exception of Spider-man. Seems like Hollywood execs can't seem to wrap their heads around the fantasy of it. To them it's more about what hot star they can put in there. Unless the director, writer, and producer are all on the same page together and share an undeniable love for the source material and it's history. For example: Story didn't get it for the Fantastic Four. Singer and Rami, on the other hand, knew and respected the history of the characters. This is my biggest fear for X3, with the studio is scrambling to get it out the door - the content is obviously getting scrambled as well.

About the Podcast:
Great job guys. I enjoyed it. The Waterworld bit was funny. Keep it up. My only (helpful?) criticism is that you shorten the audio transitions. It feels like you're playing with the effects menu for no reason. And you might want to create some mini CHUD.com ads to get non-chewers to come to the site. Plus using this thread might be a good idea to see how many people use iTunes to listen in. If a good majority listens, then it might be worthwhile to add some chapter stops and more graphics - you know, just for pizzaz. The more offensive the better. Just a thought.
QUESTION FOR EPISODE 2:

How would you run a movie theatre (other than putting scorpions into the seats (if there were seats))?
I think the mini-CHUD ads are a great idea, but I've already raised the idea of chapter stops/segmenting to Nick, and he was emphatic about this being a whole show. Thanks for listening, tho.
Anyone know of some good non-iTunes podcast apps? I've found a couple for WMP but I'm not entirely happy with them.
http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/index.php
I know this will sound strange, but what is the general consensus for posting fan-art for the CHUD podcast?
Thumbs up!

Really enjoyed this guys... first podcast I've ever listened to and I'll definatley be listenin' to the rest. Keep up the great work.
I needed to get a few things done around my place so I thought I'd put this on as background noise. I ended up getting little done because the show was that damn good. It felt a bit like the better sports radio talk shows because you knew the people involved had knowledge of the topics but still made sure to keep the show entertaining above all else. Thanks for addressing the DIE HARD 4 question. I'm looking forward to hearing more of these.
Thanks for the artwork, Joe!

I'm not going to speak for Nick, as it's his call, but I'd love to use that in some form or fashion. Maybe for the dedicated podcast page here on the site that we'll put together once Nick gets back.

And more questions from the rest of you wouldn't hurt at all either. We're loving the support thus far.
Not really in the best of tastes, but AI_Joe's pretty good at the whole photoshop image creation stuff, isn't he?
I loved how you guys referenced the "Ninja Falling in Love With a Planet". One of my favorite radio shows of past.
Very, very well done. I enjoyed the mix of movie talk and ramblings of nonsense, such as crabs. One thing though, ( I think this was mentioned somewhere) say your names more. Other than that, it makes the metro ride a lot more interesting. Keep up the good work.
Hey Joe - just wanted to say great work with the art.
More love for Joe's kickass art. The Sewer Chewer looks great, but the manhole cover ClickWheel is a subtle piece of brilliance.
Thanks all for the kind words. I just want to encourage everybody to support the CHUD crew in their endeavors in this new medium and hope that the CHUD podcast lives on. Rock on.
POLTERGEYSER

That, by God, is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Fantastic work, guys; I'm subscribed and already looking forward to the next installment!
The whole "Random Hearts" section was golden. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and am looking forward to the next one.

Question for next time
What one movie would you erase its existence from the planet, and why?
DAMN BARBELITH! Stole my question! Tongue
Nice work.

Ray Park fan site.
Don't talk over each other as much, be more horrible to each other (I perked up quite a bit when you were railing on AmericanVoice no.3 for picking Ronin as an unknown film, the fool), have more obvious sections (I don't believe the disjointed rambling is particularly cute) and come to the specific-movie discussion bits more prepared as I really didn't get much insight or content out of those bits.

Ideas for bits:
commentaries for films, so we can play along at home.
phonecalls to dead people.
musical guests. For example: me.

I'll give this another go. Make me happy.

Also: you seem to fear the balls, Nick. Why do you fear the balls?
Cafe Press finally got my disk to me. I'm listening to it now.

This is a great addition to the site. I love this.

Oh, and I second Andrew's suggestion that you guys do a movie commentary. Sync it up all Dark Side of Oz-style. Is that legal? Seems like it would be if you stress that the individual production companies are in no way condoning your activity.
Question:
Who would win in a fight: Gary Busey or Nick Nolte?