Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
Really enjoyed the first episode. A lot of fun, well-produced. You kids got a bright future. Looking forward to hearing Devin and Dave join the team.

I also agree with those who've stated that shorter, more frequent episodes would be preferrable.
Subscribed. Enjoying the first episode quite a bit.
Installment two is up on Itunes and available for purchase HERE .
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata

Installment two is up on Itunes and available for purchase HERE .

Super treat! Looking for it now.

An hour and 17 minutes? You guys went all out! Can't wait to listen...
Any chance of this episode going on podcastalley like the first?
Just subscribed to this on iTunes. Can you change the name? As The CHUD Show it comes up way late in the alphabetical listings. Maybe a name that starts with CHUD would be better for visibility.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seemill

Any chance of this episode going on podcastalley like the first?

It's always up on Podcastalley. Once you subscribe to the feed there, new episodes like tonight will automatically download whenever you open your podcatching software (e.g. iTunes, iPodder) and set it to auto-update.

You can also paste the XML URL - http://www.chud.com/demo/CHUDSHOW/CHUDshowitunesRSS.xml - into the "Feed" field in any podcatching software and subscribe that way, too.
"In case the flames become too duplicate."
I thought my night was shot when the Giants blew a 2-1 lead in the 8th to the Cubs. But I got to listen to this and the Giants' bullpen troubles lifted away. I haven't seen HIGH TENSION but I loved this line thrown out during the discussion: "Here's a spoiler for a rather piss poor movie."

These are the only podcasts I have listened to and when this new one was finished I looked around at some of the other movie-related ones and picked one that sounded like it might be good (okay, it just said explicit so I clicked it). It was terrible, it sounded like an NPR discussion of film. So keep more CHUD ones coming so I won't have to try listening to that other junk.
Thanks so much for the feedback, fellas.
Please continue, I am cracking up left and right.

I can't even imagine any other movie-discussion podcast being as good as this one. Or any other podcast in general.
Just finished listening to it and while it was pretty good, there was alot more interupting and talking over then the last one. There were a few times where it was funny but most of the time it really seemed to put a halt to the discussion at hand. Other then that though it was still pretty funny, w/ the highlight being the bachelor party movie night. I also rather enjoyed the 70+ min running time and was rarely waiting for any of the convos to finish. Just cut down on the interuptions and you'll be set.
This isn't very constructive, I suppose, but:

$10??? Are you mad???
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdrate

This isn't very constructive, I suppose, but:

$10??? Are you mad???

That's if you want the cd. It's free as a download.
Fro some reason in Itunes I'm not seeing episode 2???
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Parker

Fro some reason in Itunes I'm not seeing episode 2???

Your iTunes hasn't updated the podcast subscription yet. If you right-click on the listing for "The CHUD Show" and select "Update Podcast," it'll grab it for you. Your iTunes is set to a specific time to auto-update podcast listings (e.g. daily at 4:11PM), which you can . So if you leave your iTunes open, it'll grab the show automatically without you even knowing. In this case, just do the right-click so you can listen to it now.
Yeah I've kinda done that. I also deleted the feed and re-added/subscribed to it and it only downloaded episode one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by devincf

Just subscribed to this on iTunes. Can you change the name? As The CHUD Show it comes up way late in the alphabetical listings. Maybe a name that starts with CHUD would be better for visibility.

I was gonna suggest the same thing, as having "The" buries it in the listings.

I've got Episode 1 on my iPod now. I'll have to grab Episode 2 this evening.
I just deleted the feed again then resubscribed now it's getting episode 2.
I have had a couple of issues with iTunes in this regards.

Here's waiting on Google to come out with something for podcasting.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Parker

Yeah I've kinda done that. I also deleted the feed and re-added/subscribed to it and it only downloaded episode one.

I just deleted it, and re-subscribed, and it's auto-grabbing Episode Two with an option to get Episode One.
Audio-wise, there's a really weird hissy sibilance that's kind of distracting.
This episode was better than the last one. Some really funny stuff. I like the interuptions, there's nothing funnier than to try and derail someone while they are trying to make a serious point. Uncomfartable comedy is the best. You guys are doing a good job, keep it up please.

I turned on my iTunes and it automatically downloaded.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PodBayDoor

Dynamic mics. We're probably going to have to use a noise gate and maybe a stopper to cut down on that. We'll see.
Quote:

Given the length of the podcast, it's probably due to the compression. If it is, I'd rather have a smaller file size with audio artifacts than a larger file with clean audio.
I really, really liked both of these episodes. I didn't find them too long at all and they made me feel like I was a fly on the wall for a normal day over at Nick's place with friends, which was very cool. I think you guys should keep making this one, and ALSO do a shorter one that is focused on the news articles you are reporting on CHUD. It would be a great way to tie directly into the excellent non-stop writing that is going on for the site and satisfy Joe Six Pack who wants a blast of movie news (a la the CNN gig) and nothing really more.
Quote:

I kind of like it. Reminds me of that episode when Gumby got stuck on the moon.
I have to run a lot of filters to get the sound quality up. Small potatoes. As long as you like the stuff being said.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Litmus Configuration

I kind of like it. Reminds me of that episode when Gumby got stuck on the moon.

Sounded more like Galaxian to me.

But I really enjoyed both Podcasts.
Excellent stuff. Although, I enjoy your more serious film talk more than the bits that are just jokes. I made the mistake of installing iTunes to listen to these and I must say that the windows version is just fucking awful. I can't understand how a glorified mp3 player like iTunes can be so slow and bring my computer to a halt. Apple should hire some coders who know something about windows programming.
I liked this one a whole bunch more than the first. The truly awful jokes are things of beauty though, if the pun-per-minute average goes any higher, I will have to kill all of you. The 'aliens' discussion bored me, probably because it is a conversation done to many deaths of every messageboard on the net. Maybe stick to less well known subjects. Sorry Slater.

I was wondering how much of a conversation about movies that i could not take part in would take to bore me and it turns out to be about an hour. That's impressive. I'd say you have something.
I have enjoyed myself more than I should do while at work. I have your Podcast to thank for that. Do not change a thing, the length is right ,the sound quality is good and the content is excellent.

It was worth it to hear Devin, who would have thought that he talks like a pixie, not me. And that laugh coming from that bear of a man, it's the reason why I would never do drugs, reality is enough of a mindfuck.

Excellent Excellent Excellent.
Yes. I would have listened through an hour of Woodward and Anyawatchinangel to get to Devin laughing.
"Sky Cappin'"
The show reminded me of me and my friends, so in short, I loved it.

The first episode seemed tighter and sounded much better. The second episode seemed much less focused- which can be hilarious, but it would be better if Nick got everyone (slightly) back on track.

I also agree with the above posters that inserting peoples names into the conversation would be helpful for the listeners.

And was that a Nightbreed reference in Episode 2? Jesus...

Was Devin intentionally doing a Richard Dreyfuss impression?
I liked this episode more then the first. The discussion on the Alien franchise and Hannibal and all that was great. There was a great balance of jokes and serious film talk. Keep it up. I think some love/hate debate for the Hulk movie in one of the episodes would be fun to listen to.