Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The CHUD Show/Podcast Discussion
Loving the feedback boys.
Justin's deadpan "sincerity" is so masterful in that riff where he's asking whether Nick thinks the show is significant enough to be mentioned in a Ken Burns documentary on podcasting. I was walking downtown in Auckland city during that bit and just had a massive grin on my mug for a solid few minutes. I don't think I'll ever get tired of him going back to that well.
I'm still making my way through it. Almost every time your map navigation comes on, I reach for my phone to see if I left Maps open somehow.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
Sorry about that. I was in treacherous territory and had to multitask. Gonna kibosh that in future recordings.
Heh, no problem really. It's just highlights my pathetic Pavlovian response. After 75 minutes of listening I still catch myself twitching towards my phone when she pops up.

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

-Bradito
Ahaha!

Nick:"Zoe Kravitz is so fucking hot."
Him: *diplomatic agreement*

-MichaelM

-Bradito
Justin gotta pretend he don't hang dong.
This summer I've been listening to a ton of Dinosaur Jr and finally enjoying the Lou Barlow songs in a way I never used to ... only for Justin to tell me he's an evil villain of a human being. (I never heard Lou's WTF but I did hear J's, and that one was magnificent.)

Glad you found the ticket by the way Justin. I was stressing out for you for a minute there.
I mean, I don't know how much of a dick Barlow is...but that WTF with him didn't paint a pretty picture. Mascis was always way more talented anyway. I certainly like Sebadoh, but don't find myself going back and listening to them as much as I do with Dinosaur Jr. And Barlow's songs are pretty much the weakest parts of the new albums.
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
Barlow's songs were always the weakest part of the old Dinosaur Jr albums too, but on the new ones he reminds me of Mathew Sweet, and that's a good thing.
There are so many other podcasts to listen to but none of them feature Nick and/or Justin.
At some point we'll do more. But it'll be a while.
I'm still embarrassed about my large post on the previous page, I didn't even know there was a new episode. Weeks ago
"National Treasure 2" was a piece of sick cum. - Nick
Are we done here?
"National Treasure 2" was a piece of sick cum. - Nick
Don't even put that thought out into The Universe!
Nah. Justin and I discussed doing more.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The first episode should be you guys riffing on ideas for the name of your new thing. Like, four and a half hours of riffing. Since you owe is a megashow for rudely leaving us hanging for so dang long.
https://soundcloud.com/nick-nunziata/set...-2005-2018
Couldn't help but notice there's plenty of room on that Soundcloud account for a new episode or six.
(08-27-2018, 01:19 AM)Bucho Wrote: Couldn't help but notice there's plenty of room on that Soundcloud account for a new episode or six.

It's coming back.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
(08-27-2018, 09:52 AM)Nick Nunziata Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 01:19 AM)Bucho Wrote: Couldn't help but notice there's plenty of room on that Soundcloud account for a new episode or six.

It's coming back.

BRING IT!!!

BRING ALLLLLLL OF IT!!!
All of it.
Nick and I discussed watching the new Mario Van Peebles movie "Armed" and devoting a podcast to it. I really would like to resume doing them. Pro: Nick makes me laugh. Con: We are old. Pro: We could re-forget the name of the doll in The Boy. Con: It's Brahms. Pro: I have velvet voice. Con: The films of Phillip Noyce. Pro: ject X Con: Air.
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
It's almost like it was my birthday.
It's gonna be so good. So, so good.
Like, soooooooooooo, so good.
We aim for Sunday recording.
(10-05-2018, 09:52 AM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: We aim for Sunday recording.

Awesome! Have you been following what's going on with the board slowdown? Can you give us any updates?
home taping is killing music