Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You've all bored me to tears...
...so come on. Let's see something fresh. Give me some meat, something to chew on. Everything I get lately is shit I've already read or saw or when I was 13, wrote. There's so much regurgitation that sometimes I have to drown your pages in Pepto-Bismol just to get through them. You know how hard it is to read through that pink shit? It's hard. That's why it takes me so long to respond.

So seriously. Challenge yourselves. Fuck the stupid topics. Give me your best story. Whatever it is. Whatever it's about.
Have you gotten your first eighty page "short story" yet? Those are always a goddamned joy. Especially when they really, really want to be Palahniuk.
Tough love.
Woah, woah, woah, Slater. I'm trying to do something here as the editor of this thing and you're stepping in where you don't belong and saying some ugly shit that ain't cool. So step back, mumbojumbo.
Thank you for fucking the stupid topics. My grand idea for what was banned in 2025...the Internet!!! Ha! No wonder i couldn't be bothered to finish it.

So: 'anything' you say, 'original' you say, 'good' you say. Let's give it a go.
Who came up with those ridiculously obtuse topics, anyway? You know, the ones that made it seemingly impossible actually to write anything decent.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Helix

Who came up with those ridiculously obtuse topics, anyway? You know, the ones that made it seemingly impossible actually to write anything decent.

I think the topics are broad enough and if you can't write anything decent it ain't about the topic cochise.
No, they weren't. Some of them weren't even topics. They were plot outlines. When you're restricted to a topic like "A guy gets bitten by a vampire so he won't die", you're restricted to writing that one plotline. It's too narrow, it's boring, and it stifles creativity. Genres, which it seems like the idea started with, are far better springboards than telling people what they have to write about. I thought about doing something for CHUDstories, but topic after topic was so mind-numbingly esoteric and precise, I figured, what was the point? I wouldn't be writing a story I wanted to write, and a story I don't want to write is a story that people don't want to read, because if I don't care, then no one else should.
Don't get all pissed off people. Or actually, do, that's the point. The next story topic is for you to kill...the editor of Chudstories. Writers face rejection and of course want revenge. So that's the new challenge. Find interested ways to write about killing me. Write about being a writer, which is something a lot of writers do.

But it seems like you hate the topics so.....my offer for you to submit any story, off topic, stands.
I've got two stories sitting on you, by my records: "Sycamore" and "Funny Guns". Want I should consider them both boring as hell and send in something different? Just concerned about flooding these editors with dreck.

edit: And my own ego. I'm concerned about my ego.

I've also gotta throw in, that strict topics are conducive to creativity in creative people. Unchecked imaginations want plenty of room tomagnify their own importance.
Guys, varitey is the spice of life. Those who want to use the topics as a means to guide them through a particular direction and use the "restrictions" as springboards for creative solutions, more power to ya. Those who want to go free form, show us what you got.

We're gonna run the shit that's fun, entertaining, varied, and most importantly, GOOD. That's what counts.
Ian, I just sent you back on Funny Guns.

You guys can also kill Mr. Rockwell or the Captain if you'd like too.
Come on beyotches!!! Kill me with your words. (And Im not mad I just like to watch Helix's neck turn pink, it's dead sexy.)
And hey, when is my "banned" story going up?
I just sent in a Vampire story.

I was bored in class so I whipped something up.

Hope guys like it, or at least look at it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jay f

I was bored in class so I whipped something up.

Like with a drill?

Hope you did more than just a spellcheck on it.
I was bored in class once. My prof gave me a failing grade for the day, because when I write I mouth the profanities, and sometimes vocalize them.
When i got bored in class i would write the first half of a led zeppelin lyric in the back of my book and my mate would have to try and finish it. That's what we did.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Eucalyptus

And hey, when is my "banned" story going up?

Expect it sometime this week, Scott. Been a bit backlogged.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell

Expect it sometime this week, Scott. Been a bit backlogged.

Cool, thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Eucalyptus

Like with a drill?

Hope you did more than just a spellcheck on it.

Gracie is my editor.

If I turned something without her checking it, you'd think that a 3rd grader wrote it.
Alright, I came out from behind my keyboard and wrote a silly little story. I went with the rejection theme. Not sure if it's good, never really written anything before.

Anyway, I just emailed it.
Any chudstories developments? Are we going to see some more of these?

Also, selfish and hungry now... I submitted about a month ago (The Dispatch) and hadn't heard anything back. Does the quiet mean something bad happened to my story? Did someone spill something on it? Did it go through the wash?
I know Kirby and George are kind of swamped. Be patient and we will get to any stories that got submitted.
Do you guys need any editorial assistance? I volunteer, if having another reader would help.
I'm sure that wouldn't hurt. PM Chest Rockwell and/or Kirby Drummond.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry_Caul

Any chudstories developments? Are we going to see some more of these?

We've got a story coming on Monday.