Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultraviolet
The way she holds the rifle looks awkward.

It doesnt look like a small rifle.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steerpike

You......your joking, right? Please?

Sigh. The ONE really clever, original idea I was putting into my student action flick, and I get beaten to it by a hair.

Son of a bitch.

Don't beat yoursef up over it, I can recall a similar idea being used in Fighting Fantasy books. The pouch of unlimited contents, yeah.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vader

Hey its the hellgast from Killzone!

http://www.freewebs.com/equilibrium-...-still-001.JPG

Uzi's with blades on the end, now that's what the hood is missing...

No seriously I heard very good stuff about the action sequences in this...

That clip is online somewhere....go find it....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vader

Whatever. Just goes to show what you nerds know about realism. Look at ANY photo of special forces soldiers in action, they're ALL barely palming the stock of their weapons while firing them with their middle finger.
I'm sorry I don't spend my days looking at pictures of special forces soldiers.

I spend my days looking at pictures from movie sets.

"Geek" would be the more derogatory remark. "Nerd's" too nice.
Whatever, nerd! Also, when SF guys dual wield pistols, they hold the one upside down and pull the trigger with their pinky, while the other they hold between their teeth, pulling the trigger with their big toe. This manuever is called the Joint Undertaking Short Trigger Killing Inroute Dual Directive Intac for Neutral Ground.
Psh, that I already knew.
Bump.

Ultraviolet is PG-13, and Milla is as hot as ever:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ultraviolet/
Partial Nudity? Good enough.
I wonder if there will be an R rated DVD director's cut?
PG-13?

Sigh. Vampire flicks should be R-rated.

And if you're a seriously badass Vamp whose been around for a few centuries, you should be able to kill with your barehands. Fuck the guns. I so hated Underworld - those vamps were posers.

I wish someone would make a vampire flick with a Christopher Lee styled vamp set in some futuristic world. He's been around for ages, can easily manipulate any soul with a glimmer of his blood red eyes and crack your neck with a flick of a wrist. And it's his presence that promotes dread; not the sporting of honkin' big black guns or having stylized kung fu fightin' skills.

That would be cool.
This film is looking worse than Aeon Flux:

http://www.millaj.com/new/index.shtml

Alot worse.

BTW, did anyone ever notice that Milla has a belly button before?
It appears to be in every frame of the movie.

Weird.
That teaser poster looks fucking terrible.
If that's a JETPACK, I'll see it.

Nope. Not a jetpack.

Just the futuristic 300gig iPod.
I'm going to love this movie with my pee-pee.
I'll probably see this for the action, not for the bad sunglasses and dialogue.
ARE YOU MENTAL?

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=5698
I joined CHUD to discuss Equilibrium. I was one of the lucky few who COULD see it on the big screen. I wasn't all that thrilled about the specifics of the follow-up, but I can guarantee several theater viewings based on the trailer alone.

The action is SICK. Congrats, Wimmer, for upping the one thing I wasn't sure could be upped.

Great trailer, even in Windows Media.
Just like EQUILIBRIUM, it looks ridiculous and appears to lack anything resembling logic. Should be lots of fun. They sure do have a lot of round rooms in the future.
They also have Nick Chinlund.
I'm more excited for grizzled William Fichtner.
Equilibrium was how I discovered CHUD. I did manage to catch Equilibrium in the theatres. Just want to state that.

Between Equilibrium and this Ultraviolet trailer, a Wimmer style is coming into existence. Looks like a lot of fun.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedigger

I'm more excited for grizzled William Fichtner.

I was happy to see him in there too.

Besides that it sure does look like a lot of fun. Pretty insane stuff. If there's some substance there to back it up then that's groovy, but it looks loud, fun, and nutty, just the way it is. I was also happy to hear a song by Jem in there, called 24. I stumbled across her album a while back and I dig that song quite a bit.

I'm gonna watch the trailer again now. And I'm not even going to try and work out how a metroid man ball would work...
That looked very cool!

Milla has nailed the role of heroine in futuristic, dystopian environments considering her filmography of late.
Sure it looks pretty but it doesnt look like anyone puts up much of a challenge to the main protagnist in battle. Movie's like that are boring.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Davis

They also have Nick Chinlund.

Nick Chinlund w/battlefield earth breathing device.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon

Ultraviolet is PG-13, and Milla is as hot as ever...

PG-13? Guess there's no 'twat-shot'.

C'est dommage. Still, it looks fun.
Looks pretty snazzy.
Why they keep releasing such low quality trailers I will never understand. Anyway, the film looks amazing. I hope it shows up on the theater screens in this part of the world.
I hope this is released in HD on Apple's site ASAP.

Also, I wonder if Wimmer plans on releasing an R-rated or Unrated DVD version of this? It just seems like the kind of movie that should be "R", what with all the guns and swords.
Trailer's almost as annoying as "my name is domino...my name is domino...my name is domino...etc.".

It also SPOILS the entire predictable story in 120 seconds.

Looks like a typical blade runner/anime type sci-fi movie.
I think I can guess the entire plot from the trailer.

Action vs. CG opponants doesn't grind my gears.
PG13 is a terrible thing.

BUT...it has Milla...so i'll probably end up seeing it in some form.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cognizant

Sure it looks pretty but it doesnt look like anyone puts up much of a challenge to the main protagnist in battle. Movie's like that are boring.

That's what I was thinking. The action star yawning their way through enemies simply isn't exciting.
I really hope it's better than that trailer makes it look. Perhaps a big-screen viewing of the trailer would help.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan7609

Between Equilibrium and this Ultraviolet trailer, a Wimmer style is coming into existence.

I would imagine it would be a Wimmer style considering Kurt Wimmer made both films.

I don't know what to say about this film. It looks exactly like Equilibrium, only more so. It looks like Underworld set in the future. It looks really fucking stupid.

I think I'll pass.
Equilibrium was the shit.

Even if I dislike Milla, this still look the shit.

Hail Wimmer.