Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dead Celebrity Thread
(01-04-2021, 01:07 AM)Anjin Wrote: Damn... Tanya Roberts turn in Beastmaster was definitely a giant part of my sexual awakening, so to speak.  I have a permanent weakness for redheads that I can trace directly back to her.  I definitely wore out more than one VHS cassette of Beastmaster from utilizing the pause/rewind/pause buttons too often....

[Image: 4sgnko.jpg]

TMZ is now saying she's actually still alive.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-rob...GuhINnUgw0

But it's TMZ who knows what the Hell's going on.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5480128]

(01-04-2021, 06:12 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: TMZ is now saying she's actually still alive.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-rob...GuhINnUgw0

But it's TMZ who knows what the Hell's going on.

[Image: tumblr_nsv7rgViVz1u4gszco1_400.gifv]

The real ending to Big...
I know Tanya Roberts is pretty important, but did anybody even bother to mention Joan Micklin Silver?

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

(01-04-2021, 09:22 PM)Fat Elvis Wrote: I know Tanya Roberts is pretty important, but did anybody even bother to mention Joan Micklin Silver?

This a rhetorical question, Fat?

**Obligatory:  RIP Joan Micklin Silver.

TMZ is reporting she did, in fact, pass last night after all this insanity. Sigh. RIP.

It would be nice if there was another source for all this.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
It's on TMZ...however accurate that may be. But...it seems as though it is actually true this time. Lot's of places are RE-reporting it, sadly.

EDIT: Sorry for repeating the TMZ thing. I didn't even catch that. Forgive me, I'm not feeling well and my head isn't on straight. Even less so than usual..

Marion Ramsey, who portrayed Officer Hooks in POLICE ACADEMY 1 through 6, has passed.
Tommy Lasorda has passed this morning.
Michael Apted. He was 79.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/ne...mb6ujkANok
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Well....this year is off to a roaring start..

(01-08-2021, 01:24 PM)Rylander Wrote: Tommy Lasorda has passed this morning.

Oh wow.  That one kinda hurts.

At least he got to see the Dodgers win the World Series one more time.

In regards to Apted, I wonder if the Up series will continue.
The Up series was absolutely amazing, but it would feel wrong if it was to keep going without Apted and his world view. The most recent one would actually make a perfect final entry.
I haven't checked the credits. Are there any other people who've been on the UP project for as long as Apted was?

Besides the subjects of course.
I'm not sure. Did you see 63 Up? I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Apted did it knowing that he probably wouldn't be making any more. It is just beautiful.
At the time of 63's release, Apted himself avoided questions about another installment, saying "I'm 78, I might drop dead at any minute..."
Just realized, in two decades at this place I don't remember ever seeing a thread for the Up series. Damn shame.

Back on topic: British actor John Richardson, at 86, Covid related. Star of One Million Years B.C. and a bunch of Italian flicks. Apparently lost out on the Bond role to George Lazenby.
Siegfried (of Siegfried and Roy) died. Aged 81 of pancreatic cancer.

Roy died last year.
Pancreatic cancer's a shitty way to go, but 81 is a decent run.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
New York Dolls guitarist Sylvain Sylvain passed away from cancer at 69

I first saw the Dolls at Pittsburgh's Art's Festival in 2008. I knew the band's history, but Trash was the only song I knew. As soon as they hit the stage I was instantly hooked. They were all that is right with raw in your face rock and roll. I've been a fan ever since. This video is from the second time I saw them.
  [video=youtube]http://[/video]
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Veteran actor Peter Mark Richman, at 93. Familiar face who did a shitload of TV work (including The Twilight Zone), but I remember him best as Mr McCulloch from Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, where he brought major Roddy McDowall meets Charles Dance energy.

Also, was reading about director Stacy Title, who just passed at age 56 from complications related to ALS. She made The Last Supper, which was pretty decent IIRC. And more recently she directed The Bye Bye Man. This piece is quite touching, and worth a look:

https://www.vulture.com/article/saying-g...title.html
Phil Spector.

A total piece of shit, and also a major fucking genius. Well, we'll always have the recordings.
(01-17-2021, 12:46 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: A total piece of shit, and also a major fucking genius. Well, we'll always have the recordings.

What he said. My first thought was "Phil Spector, the most problematic of problematic faves."
home taping is killing music
Mira Furlan. She was 65.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mira-fu...tNP_lC4knI

[Image: 5e79f39c8c450.jpg]