Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The B Action Movie Thread
Hopefully THE TOWER happens, but last I heard his main co-star was gonna be his son which I really don't need. Nothing against the guy but I've seen him enough in supporting parts to know I don't need him top-billed with his old man.
(08-24-2019, 05:23 PM)engineer Wrote: Throw in Axel Foley and you have a real "winner!"

(12-17-2019, 04:15 PM)Mangy Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 12:42 PM)call me roy Wrote: Red Rock West is on Tubi.. great great service that's free with the inclusion of some short commercials and the movies are unedited.
Perfect, thanks! Tubi is excellent, with nearly as many rarities/obscurities as Amazon Prime. I saw they had TUCKER: THE MAN AND HIS DREAM on there a while back, which I haven't seen in any form for ages.

Tucker is still on there! Scrolled by it last night.
Well, enough confirmation for me!

https://www.facebook.com/officialscottad...31/?type=3
Fuckin' A, bring it Mr. Adkins.
Giving money to the studio that keeps enabling Adam Sandler is morally equivalent to Satanic kitten rape orgies. - Hypnotoad
(12-17-2019, 04:44 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: For sure. That first half of the decade was so bad. There's basically nothing in that period I enjoy. But starting with DIRECT ACTION he did a bunch of films I enjoy that set him up for a big screen return in THE EXPENDABLES. Gonna be fun listening (and perhaps contributing!) to these episodes on Sean's podcast.

At the moment, he is making some films that are pretty much worthless.  However, there are some winners that cancel those out.  So long as he able to get a personal or major project out once in a while, I can handle the duds.  I haven't seen Acceleration yet, but according to the interview with the producer, his presence helped get the film made, which is something.

I finally got to meet him at the Convention last week.  He had been here for a week before that and had caught an illness by the weekend.  As a result, he was a bit impersonal with the fans he met (no hugs or handshakes) and still had a lot of fans to interact with.  Being a fan, I understood and had no problem.  Better that than dropping out altogether, but there was still quite a bit of dissatisfaction amongst others.  

I used my brief moment to congratulate him for his work in Creed II, which got a smile out of him.  

Al Leong and Peter Weller were great, too.  Weller, especially, was really energetic and charmed the whole place during his Q&A.  He said he became a father for the first time recently and had a hat that said 'Dr Daddy' on it.  I really wish someone had filmed that Q&A. 

(12-17-2019, 07:18 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Hopefully THE TOWER happens, but last I heard his main co-star was gonna be his son which I really don't need. Nothing against the guy but I've seen him enough in supporting parts to know I don't need him top-billed with his old man.

I know you weren't too hot on We Die Young, but I thought it was OK. 

I like that he has slowed things down for a bit, but hope that he can find some projects that interest him. 

(12-18-2019, 12:52 AM)Alt-molt Wrote: Well, enough confirmation for me!

I will be seeing Scott for the Ip Man 4 screening on Monday.  I'm sure he will have a few updates that I can share here afterwards.
Awesome! Any info you can relay here will be appreciated.

It really has been a bummer seeing (or not seeing) the flicks that Dolph has done this year. It was so great to witness him crush it in CREED 2 but following that up with THE TRACKER (horrible), ACCELERATION (Haven't seen) and HARD NIGHT FALLING (turned it off halfway through) has been disheartening.

Still gonna be optimistic about the CBS pilot though.
Yeah Creed 2 aside, Dolph's recent work are all by the numbers. Nothing challenging.

Did you like COMMAND PERFORMANCE, Molt?
I do like COMMAND PERFORMANCE. I'll say that it maybe didn't quite live up to the "DIE HARD with a drummer" expectations I had in my head but it's still a fun romp. Great to see him play a hero that wasn't a cop/soldier/mercenary type.
This year's "A History if Violence" article is up - JOHN WICK 3 (2019)
https://film.avclub.com/in-a-year-of-sta...1839986371
I would be a lot more optimistic about The International if it were a Netflix or HBO show.  CBS will likely make it more 'by the numbers', I feel.

If I were at the Q&A for Dolph, I would have asked if there was any movement on his pet projects.  Those will be the ones to look forward to.  I really hope he gets to work with John Hyams again.
I definitely wish the show was on a streaming/cable outlet instead of CBS. But I'll take a weekly by-the-numbers CBS series over the movies he has been doing of late. It's rough getting through some of these recent ones.

Best case is he does WANTED MAN soon but it has been quiet on that front.
I hate those CBS series. Person of Interest aside, i've never bothered to watch any of them.
Me neither. I have an episode of the new version of SWAT recorded that I should get around to. Only recorded it because David Marciano reprised his “Shield” character of Detective Billings on it. 

Sort of sucks that that’s I believe the only show Shawn Ryan has going for the moment. At least Kenny Johnson has had a steady gig though.
China has its own SWAT movie. And Robert Knepper is in it.

It's the showdown we've been waiting for, Guy Pearce Vs. Devon Sawa in DISTURBING THE PEACE:

Looks good.

Devon Sawa was in Escape Plan 3 as well. Sly really beat the shit out of him that one.
Devon Sawa is all over the low budget action community. I would not have pegged that after viewing IDLE HANDS.

Here is the cover art for the blu of the doc IN SEARCH OF THE LAST ACTION HEROES which will be released on January 21st:

[Image: 0812034038320_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg]
Poster art for VFW:

https://action-flix.com/2019/12/19/vfw-s...rill-ride/

[Image: img_1744-1.png]
Moltisanti: I don't drop in the Thread much anymore, but I was wondering if you put much thought into what your top 10 or 20 Action movies of the decade would be? I'd love to read that List!

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Yeah, I'll probably have a top 20 list by year's end. Hopefully we get a few of those in here soon.
Pickings this year are on the slim side. AVENGEMENT will definitely make the list though.
(12-19-2019, 12:45 AM)Alt-molt Wrote: Me neither. I have an episode of the new version of SWAT recorded that I should get around to. Only recorded it because David Marciano reprised his “Shield” character of Detective Billings on it. 

Sort of sucks that that’s I believe the only show Shawn Ryan has going for the moment. At least Kenny Johnson has had a steady gig though.

WHAT?! BILLINGS HAS RETURNED?! I'll have to check that episode out. I guess Billings didn't retire after all? I still remember that episode towards the end when he and Dutch were partnered up and Billings said he had only about 200-odd days left before he could retire.

(12-20-2019, 05:06 AM)Alt-molt Wrote: Poster art for VFW:

https://action-flix.com/2019/12/19/vfw-s...rill-ride/

[Image: img_1744-1.png]

I'm really psyched for this one. That cast and plot make it seem like a modern day Cannon movie.

(12-20-2019, 06:21 PM)Felix Wrote: Pickings this year are on the slim side. AVENGEMENT will definitely make the list though.

I just revisited Avengement last night. As far as DTV action goes it is the clear winner this year. Plenty of well shot brutal hand to hand action, and Scott Adkins' best acting to date.
Shake: I bring you news you give me grief. You know they all think you're dead.

The Punisher: They'll kill each other now.

(12-20-2019, 11:38 PM)Rene (Mr.Eko) Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 12:45 AM)Alt-molt Wrote: Me neither. I have an episode of the new version of SWAT recorded that I should get around to. Only recorded it because David Marciano reprised his “Shield” character of Detective Billings on it. 

WHAT?! BILLINGS HAS RETURNED?! I'll have to check that episode out. I guess Billings didn't retire after all? I still remember that episode towards the end when he and Dutch were partnered up and Billings said he had only about 200-odd days left before he could retire.

Yep, it's on the episode from this current season titled "Trigger Creep." I've got to finally get around to giving it a watch.

Marciano has also shown up a handful of times on Bosch also playing an LAPD detective. Would love to see him get a beefed up role when that show returns. Good actor. 

I know David Rees Snell has also shown up a few times on SWAT, not as Ronnie or anything, but it's cool that Shawn Ryan is still using those guys.
Nic Cage's PRIMAL may be getting a theatrical release here in Singapore.
Don't go out of your way for it. It's an okay time killer but not as nutty as it should have been.
(12-21-2019, 01:38 AM)Alt-molt Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 11:38 PM)Rene (Mr.Eko) Wrote:

Yep, it's on the episode from this current season titled "Trigger Creep." I've got to finally get around to giving it a watch.

Marciano has also shown up a handful of times on Bosch also playing an LAPD detective. Would love to see him get a beefed up role when that show returns. Good actor. 

I know David Rees Snell has also shown up a few times on SWAT, not as Ronnie or anything, but it's cool that Shawn Ryan is still using those guys.

I've got Hulu and I see that SWAT is on there, so I'll check out "Trigger Creep" later to see the return of BILLINGS. Thanks, Molt!

(12-21-2019, 12:15 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Don't go out of your way for it. It's an okay time killer but not as nutty as it should have been.

I saw that Primal will be at the Redbox soon. I figure it's at least worth $1.75 to rent the dvd or use one of my free rentals on it.

Lots of lazy bullshit writing in Rise of Skywalker.

Was never bored though and i love Daisy Ridley as Rey.
30 years ago today...

[Image: tumblr_obu6zbGjiq1ti0tp1o5_500.gifv]

[Image: giphy.webp]

[Image: tango-11.jpg?itok=hXXfC-UP]

[Image: tango-cash-epic.gif]
I’ll bring the chainsaw.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
To further celebrate, here's an article from 2013 titled "10 Remarkable Things about Tango & Cash:"

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/24196/1...tango-cash
"You're looking awfully anemic. How about some...iron?"
Tango & Cash certainly was the proper way to close out 80's action. It's an all timer that's for sure. Really wish I'd gotten to see theatrically too. At least I saw it after it premiered on HBO and my brother recorded it and sent us the tape. That was awesome of him.

Been watching some Dollar Tree blu-rays that I purchased within the last month. Right now I'm watching Killing Gunther. Heard plenty of bad things about it on here, but I found the Canadian blu-ray at Dollar Tree and picked it up anyway. Color me surprised that I'm actually finding this hilarious. I went in expecting it to be terrible, and I'm laughing at the absurdity of it all. Sure it's all CGI gunfire and explosions, but the comedy has me in stitches. What's also helping is I'm not that familiar with any of these comedians save for just knowing that Killam and Moynihan were on SNL and knowing Alison Tolman from Fargo.

Arnold really has a gift for comedy. He's the best thing in Killing Gunther.
25 years ago today...

[Image: source.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nzfc3oCpD21u2ragso5_500.gifv]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Over the years i've slowly grown to appreciate its charms.

"I'AM GOING TO KICK THAT SUAVVABITCH BISON'S SOOO HARD."

That said. I wouldn't mind a proper Street Fighter movie.