Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The B Action Movie Thread
(04-17-2018, 05:47 AM)jox Wrote: Mulcahy is pretty cool, a few years ago, I had been looking to interview him on SILENT TRIGGER and his assistant kept blowing me off, but when I contacted him directly on FB, he responded right away and the interview was in the can within the next days... He was happy to talk about it as well.

It is good to hear you had a good interaction with him once you got to talk to him in person.

(04-17-2018, 10:58 PM)Rene (Mr.Eko) Wrote: I'm watching Bones with Snoop Dogg via Sci-Fi channel's on demand service. I'm glad I'm seeing it this way, because it's a pretty bad movie. 

When I rewatched the film last fall, perhaps I was being overly kind in not thinking the movie was awful; then again, maybe I was subconsciously comparing it to Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror, which is a terrible anthology and that is something you definitely don't want to watch. Tales from the Hood is MUCH better than that.

(Yesterday, 12:27 AM)jox Wrote: Is D-WREX a thread member?!  Wink

That dude has made some awesome art; I am envious as I have about zero artistic talent.
"It was so bad my friend got up and left in the middle to go have an affair instead. Not kidding."-- shaunh, referring to The Lords of Salem

My Letterboxd Page
I for one welcome the news that Vin Diesel is giving us another XXX movie.
Pic and poster from EQUALIZER 2:

http://collider.com/equalizer-2-denzel-w...es-poster/

[Image: the-equalizer-2-denzel-washington-600x385.jpg]

[Image: equalizer-2-denzel-washington-poster-405x600.jpg]

Trailer is set to debut tomorrow.
This looks like a fun time to me

My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Jacob Knight: "PREDATOR 2 (‘90): pure nonsense, but moves like a freight train so you don’t have time to comprehend its ludicrousness until well after the credits roll. Danny Glover might be the most aggro hero in any “cop movie” (which this ostensibly is). Survived aliens, still had a stroke."
Now I rock a house party at the drop of a hat
I forgot THE EQUALIZER 2 was coming out.

Wasn't that impressed by the first film to tell the truth.
It worked for me. Not gonna try to portray it as a benchmark but it was a satisfying vigilante yarn. Fun seeing A-list actors get their hands dirty in these kind of films and Denzel going full-Voorhees in the Home Depot was a gas.

Hasn't been much said about Part 2. Hope it provides a meaty role for Pedro Pascal.
(Yesterday, 08:08 AM)Felix Wrote: I for one welcome the news that Vin Diesel is giving us another XXX movie.

Many people did not like it but I was one who enjoyed that wacky film and as it made a lot in China, I am not surprised there will be another installment.

(Yesterday, 03:48 PM)electrichead Wrote: This looks like a fun time to me

Plenty of people have noted this: the plot seems awfully similar to The Lost World: Jurassic Park; that does not help brighten my dim opinion of Hollywood now-a-days.

(Yesterday, 03:57 PM)Fat Elvis Wrote: Jacob Knight: "PREDATOR 2 (‘90)

Haha, that is not the worst description of Predator 2 that I've heard, as the film is pretty silly.
"It was so bad my friend got up and left in the middle to go have an affair instead. Not kidding."-- shaunh, referring to The Lords of Salem

My Letterboxd Page
(04-17-2018, 05:47 AM)jox Wrote: Excellent! Which Blu editions do you own?

I have three: the first German Mediabook, the Steelbook with the restored version and the Australian Blu. The UK Blu was always a waste of time, so I never bothered. 

I was disappointed at how short the Dolph Lundgren interview on the Australian Blu was, but it's a quickfire interview and he does manage to pack some cool anecdotes into it. 

(04-17-2018, 05:50 PM)jox Wrote: P.S.
What do you guys think of this book title idea I just came with?

THE PUNISHER: THE UNCUT, UNDERGROUND STORY OF AN 80s CULT CLASSIC
(or just "UNCUT" or "UNDERGROUND" STORY)

The "underground" choice of word also refers to the sewers lair of this Frank Castle... Wink

I would prefer just 'Underground' on its own, but it's fine as you list it there. 

(Yesterday, 08:08 AM)Felix Wrote: I for one welcome the news that Vin Diesel is giving us another XXX movie.

He actually own the franchise now.  That could mean we really get an interesting follow up. 

(Yesterday, 01:53 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Pic and poster from EQUALIZER 2:

http://collider.com/equalizer-2-denzel-w...es-poster/

Trailer is set to debut tomorrow.

Really enjoyed the original, but this doesn't need to be another slow-burn thriller. 

We know he is a badass now, so it'll be good if we see him fixing things from the start.
I hope we get another Denzel movie with him and Dakota Fanning together.

Is SAFE HOUSE worth a look? I am not a big fan of Ryan Reynolds.
(Yesterday, 01:51 AM)The Perfect Weapon Wrote: So, in the afternoon I spent some time at a place that sounded tremendous, and it was. A place that sells/buys/trades movies and is called GRINDHOUSE VIDEO TAMPA would of course be of interest to me, and it's a place I know many would love.

I've heard of Grindhouse Video Tampa, and yes I'm totally jealous that you got to go there! I've seen pictures of the inside of the place and it looks like a place I could spend several hours pouring over, and spending a lot of money I probably shouldn't on various releases. I'd love to eventually get to go there, but it probably won't happen as I have no other reason to head that way towards Florida.

That's quite the selection of titles you got there, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them all. I also like Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part III a lot. Since Scream Factory has a deal with Warner Bros. now I'm sure that film will eventually find its way into their collector's edition line.

Today after work Renata and I saw The Running Man on El Rey again, and we both loved every minute of it again. Other than that, I finished up season 2 of Sliders, and am looking forward to getting into the 25 episode season 3 which has a mini Stand By Me reunion between Corey Feldman and Jerry O'Connell in one episode.
Shake: I bring you news you give me grief. You know they all think you're dead.

The Punisher: They'll kill each other now.

https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/72938/cyborg/
(Today, 12:24 AM)Rene (Mr.Eko) Wrote: I've heard of Grindhouse Video Tampa, and yes I'm totally jealous that you got to go there!

I am not surprised you would have heard of the place before I did. Yeah it was neat being there and seeing all the posters they had hanging up; sitting on the ground was a framed original reproduction of The Swarm, which was a sight to see. I don't blame you for not having too many reasons to go to Florida. You already live in a warm climate and if you want to go to Walt Disney World with your wife and daughter, the whole vacation would cost in the 4 figures.

(11 hours ago)Felix Wrote: https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/72938/cyborg/

That does sound like a nice release despite the limitations.

Today I saw two films. The second one was Full Metal Jacket; I have watched that a few times before. The first 45 minutes will always get the most attention as R. Lee and Vincent D. were so tremendous in their roles, yet when the movie is in Vietnam, things are almost as good as the Vietnam War is shown to be rather hellish and that war being dehumanizing. FMJ is great overall and it not being Kubrick's best is only because he made several real classics.

The first one was a recent disc purchase; the disc is released on the title of The Sword and The Claw as an early 80's English dub was made, but it's also sometimes known as Lionman. As it's a 70's Turkish movie starring Cuneyt Arkin, of course it's pretty insane, and the dubbing where most of the voices either sound bored or stoned only added to the hilarity. Technically it's a medieval tale where a newborn son of a king killed in an uprising by an evil general is raised by lions, but there are plenty of wacky moments and I laughed often. After all, Arkin fights like a lion (meaning leaping and using his hands as if they were claws), he usually announces his arrival by a yell best described as "YYAAHOOOHAHHWEWOI" and another hero uses bitchslaps as his main offensive attack. It was a good purchase by me and I haven't even seen the other movie on the disc, Brawl Busters. I'll explain when I see that film why it was included.

My Letterboxd Page
Yesterday was two 90s noir tales, one a remake. DEEP COVER and NIGHT AND THE CITY.

DEEP COVER was enjoyable consider I had grown up always seeing the VHS cover throughout Blickbuster in the 90s, never knowing what it was. Was very intrigued in a movie with early 90s Fishburne and Goldblum, directed by Bill Duke no less! Cool to see Goldblum playing Goldblum in a drug dealer/manufacturer and the stress of Fishburne trying to play undercover around all these LA scumbags. I appreciated the turns the film took because there were a few surprises.

NIGHT AND THE CITY I’m ashamed I had never heard of. With Deniro being reunited with Lange a few years after Cape Fear in a dramedy noir remake, I was intrigued. Seeing the funnily pathetic lawyer Fabian character try to squeeze money out of people as he looks to repay loans and get a hold on his boxing promotion business. Jack Warden was a cool bonus as a retired boxer who still wants to beat some ass, and Alan King playing his badass brother was suitably threatening. Would have liked to see it go a bit darker in places but Deniro was a fun time to watch.
THE EQUALIZER 2 Trailer is up.

(4 hours ago)call me roy Wrote: Yesterday was two 90s noir tales, one a remake. DEEP COVER and NIGHT AND THE CITY.

DEEP COVER was enjoyable consider I had grown up always seeing the VHS cover throughout Blickbuster in the 90s, never knowing what it was. Was very intrigued in a movie with early 90s Fishburne and Goldblum, directed by Bill Duke no less! Cool to see Goldblum playing Goldblum in a drug dealer/manufacturer and the stress of Fishburne trying to play undercover around all these LA scumbags. I appreciated the turns the film took because there were a few surprises.

Glad you checked DEEP COVER out. An all-time great crime flick for me. Fishburne and Goldblum play off each other perfectly.

Looks like Denzel gets plenty stabby in EQ2. I'm in.
I really liked THE EQUALIZER 2 trailer. Definitely looks like a step up from the first film.
Man oh man did that Equalizer II trailer do the job for me.

It looks better than most Bond movies from the last 20 years, a better Death Wish movie than the remake (which I didn’t hate), and a better Punisher adaptation than what Netflix did.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Not very happy with Denzel having hair in this one, though.
I just love that we have arguably the most lauded actor in the business who, in between Oscar contenders, is totally down to let the bodies hit the floor every now and again. Respect.

I'd like to see a few more guys in Denzel's league follow suit. I'm talking to you, Hanks. I saw ROAD TO PERDITION. I know you got it in you.