Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haruki Murakami
I liked Kafka on the Shore, but mostly for the Nakata/Hoshino/Colonel Sanders chapters.  The "Kafka" chapters were less compelling for me. Norwegian Wood is great, yep.  I really liked the film, too.  Sputnik was okay, though I don't recall many details.  1Q84 took a long, long time, but once a certain character from another Murakami novel showed up (no spoiler), I was all-in again.  

I actually still have a couple to get through: the short story collection Men Without Women, his Seiji Ozawa interview Absolutely On Music and a couple of books about him; one called A Wild Haruki Chase and one by his translator Jay Rubin, Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words.
And I picked up the book set for less than 30 dollars. There is a beautiful signed, aluminium cased version, and I love my buddy, but not $1000 worth of love.
"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
Which book is this now? Have a link?
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet...1-_-title8
"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, looks like a nice gift!
Jesus, I was 28 when I started this thread. Haven't read any Murakami in a while, but I should do that when I get a chance.