Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Howard Stern Show Thread
"Now look man...ahhh...you greedy sons a bitches could give me your...ahhh...castoffs and I'd be a rich mutha fucka, you see."

I find myself every now and then in everyday conversation stopping and purposely going "ahhhh..." and people will look at me like, "Is there something wrong?"
The clips of Ronnie doing karaoke at his block party are priceless. I hate that douchebag. No one rides the show's coattails as much as Ronnie.

I think it's possible that Artie will leave the show at some point. He still romanticizes the idea of workng in LA and making tons of money in TV or movies, plus Beer League's coming out, his stand-up shows are really successful, he's doing Entourage... I think it could possibly happen in the next year based on the movie and other offers he gets. Not that he seems unhappy with what he's doing, but...

What do you guys think?
I hope Artie realizes that it's the show that's helped him get to where he is with the sell-out standup shows, and getting movie roles, etc. I also think Artie is insecure enough to try and not be the "next Jackie" who leaves the show because he thinks there's more money to be made elsewhere in Hollywood.

I believe Artie may leave the show due to health reasons before he'd leave for Hollywood. Remember, when he left to do Entourage he mentioned that he has a contract now with Sirius where he has to ask permission for this stuff. If he wanted to leave permanently, he'd either have to buy out the contract, or they'd have to release him from it.
Holy crap, has Artie had a few shots this morning? This Bigfoot guy must be a freak of nature in person, as Artie sounds like he's going to have a heart attack laughing at the guy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brotherman

I think it's possible that Artie will leave the show at some point.

I highly doubt it. He's smart/insecure enough to know where all those offers are coming from now. Plus, he's the show's biggest fan (literally).

Sal's a fucking cheat. What a psycho.
What did Sal do now...was this today? I hate being on internet delay!
The Stern trivia game yesterday. That's the only part I heard yesterday. Unless something new happened today that I missed.

The pranking of the local cable guy is hilarious. "Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real briefly? PHTPHTPHTHHPHPPHP"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suttytx

What did Sal do now...was this today? I hate being on internet delay!

They caught him cheating during a Howard Stern trivia game and gave him royal hell over it. Needless to say, he freaked. It was golden.
He only makes occasional on-air appearances, but J.D. always brings something funny to the show, mostly at his expense.

I love that he has that new theme song. Like Miss Howard Stern's daughter Beyonce, they couldn't have written a funnier song for J.D. than that insane techno beat.
The techno song is great. The beastiality part is hysterical.

And another week of replays? At this rate, there will probably be 15 or 16 weeks off in a year. We need the tapes. Bad.
Are they off all week again? Jesus.

I missed the Jon Hein/Ralph showdown last week (was on vacation) but that must have been pretty funny... I'm actually warming up to the Friday Show. What the hell is wrong with me?
They take off more times than Bush.
Honestly. It was such a shitty feeling when I got in my car this morning and saw that a replay from 1/30 was playing thus knowing I'll be hearing repeats all week. This sucks especially after getting a great new Wack Packer and having to wait a week to hear anything from him.
I think there on vacation at the end of the month as well.
Was able to hear a few funny bits during the break. One with Sal prank calling Richard Simmons on Sirius Stars and Simmons going on about how fat people won't find it funny and that being overweight isn't funny to which Artie replied, "I'm overweight, I find it hilarious." Pretty much summed up who Artie is for me.

The Bigfoot stuff this morning was good. Why they gave us a great new Wack Packer and took a week off is beyond me.
Are they off this week too?
Nope, back on the air. Eric the Midget will fly only if Sal and Richard wear dildos and blow each other and Gary's dad died.
Geez, Penny Crone is an idiot.

And Yanni was not a bad interview. I was with Robin--"What the hell is Yanni doing on the show?" But it was a good segment. The bit Artie was doing and then blaming Benji was great.
Penny Crone is second only to Ralph when it comes to being useless and annoying. She might even be worse since I kind of enjoy hating on Ralph.
Agreed, Yanni was not bad.

And I didn't know Gerg Fitzsimmons' dad was a radio legend of sorts. It's funny, he used to stop by the O&A show back in 2002 before they were fired and I always thought he was funny. Now he does Howard's show. I notice a lot of comedians do either one show or the other, but rarely both. Almost like choosing sides.

I guess that Tissue Time show never happened, or didn't last long. I just realized I've never heard it.

R.I.P. Sal Dell'Abate
I'd love to see a Ralph/Jon Hein boxing match.
The wrap-up show has turned into a Hate Ralph-fest. Sal just blew a gasket.

Howard can act a like a real bitch when it comes to his parents. Jesus.
That Wrap-Up Show on Tuesday makes me take back everything I've said about the show. Everyone brought up some amazing points on why some racial humor is important and funny.
Wow, I had no idea this thread existed. Cool.

So I was on this other board that was discussing the potential XM/Sirius merger and this one guy comes on and says that satellite radio is a fad and that it can never make money. Adding the disclaimer that he worked in terrestial radio and that HD radio would blow satellite off the map. I didn't know those people existed on the internet.

Anyways, I'm on the "hate-Ralph" boat. I don't see what he adds other than a target. I can't wait for the day Jon Hein goes, "fuck this I'm a millionaire" and walks on the Friday Show.
HD radio? It sucks, it's a gimmick, and it still doesn't provide the amount of music and variety that satellite does. And XM/Sirius aren't gonna merge anytime soon. It was a hypothetical question.

Ralph was so bad today that he made Sal look normal. I don't like Jon Hein much, but I'd rather see him stay than Ralph.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeRobotSex

HD radio? It sucks, it's a gimmick, and it still doesn't provide the amount of music and variety that satellite does. And XM/Sirius aren't gonna merge anytime soon. It was a hypothetical question.

Ralph was so bad today that he made Sal look normal. I don't like Jon Hein much, but I'd rather see him stay than Ralph.

You are dead on regarding HD radio.

I need to hear the wrap-up replay, because to make Sal look normal you have to be awful.
Artie on Letterman tonight! Or at least taping tonight...
I like Howard's take on the Tom Cruise/Paramount fight. There is no honor in the studios.
He's usually pretty dead-on when it comes to interpreting these types of things (I guess experiencing battles with high-level foes himself over the years will do that).

So, I got to hear the Don Rickles story for the 100th time on Letterman. And without soundbites, it's not nearly as funny. Artie has the Jackie-like habit of laughing at his punchlines before he delivers them.

The Bababooey Roast will be monumental.
I'm wary about the Bababooey roast. They've been busting on Gary for what- 15, 20 years now? What else is there to say?
I'm hoping for a Robin roast.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClark

I like Howard's take on the Tom Cruise/Paramount fight. There is no honor in the studios.

What were his thoughts, if you don't mind repeating?
He thought it was shitty of Paramount to cite his personal behavior and publically slight him like that. They should have just thanked him for making them a gajillion dollars over the last 15 years and left it at that.
Stern certainly knows what it's like to be openly bashed by people who got rich of your work. He's makes a good point.
I'm counting on Sal to take it over the top. The busting on Gary has been on autopilot for a long time (sans Sal's occasional hijinx) so I'm looking forward to some new ground to be broken.

Yucko the Clown's rants on Robin during the 'meanest listener' contest gave me enough douche chills for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClark

I'm wary about the Bababooey roast. They've been busting on Gary for what- 15, 20 years now? What else is there to say?
I'm hoping for a Robin roast.

It's surreal to be listening to some of these classic shows this weekend.
Just heard the DaBella Funeral... I think it's like 20 years old. Anyone else catching some of the All Request Weekend stuff?