Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Howard Stern Show Thread

Great Caesar's ghost.

Is that...is that real?

AHe stole my OkCupid profile pic.

Now I know why you were such a Lothario on that thing.

AThat was a fun couple of days.
AI love Artie but this will be the first of his three books which I don't buy. Too Fat to Fish was gold but Crash and Burn had the heavy hand of a ghostwriter and this one, a collection of gambling stories, even more so. Hopefully that guy got a big piece of the advance.
AI'm just glad that Artie is still tight with Gottfried, Atell, Saget, and some of the old crew. I don't think he hangs with Nick DiPaolo or Colin Quinn anymore and Norm tweets his support, but that's it. He needs some friends.

It's hard to be friends with someone determined to bring himself and everyone around him down. As in, dead.

ANo argument here. The first part, at least. I still think Artie has a good heart. His years on Stern and with his own podcast illustrate the dangers of heroin use, obviously, but in those rare sober moments he was a decent guy. I think at this point it's hard to tell who's talking, Artie or the drugs.
AI know what you mean, Cylon. That's one of the things about drugs, it's tough to tell who's the real Artie anymore.
Artie Lange sentenced to four years' probation.

No jail time and a new book due next month. Things are looing up!
According to Artie both his exes Dana and Adrienne are getting hitched this year. That is rough. I hope he gets thru it OK. Nick DiPaolo got canned from Sirius recently; it would be great if DiPaolo, Artie, Atell, Quinn, could get some kind of a semi-regular gig going.

(06-02-2018, 12:24 AM)subotai Wrote: According to Artie both his exes Dana and Adrienne are getting hitched this year. That is rough. I hope he gets thru it OK. Nick DiPaolo got canned from Sirius recently; it would be great if DiPaolo, Artie, Atell, Quinn, could get some kind of a semi-regular gig going.

Artie can't handle a steady gig. He screwed up that Artie and Anthony show and that was 2 hours a day in the afternoon.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-03-2018, 05:49 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 12:24 AM)subotai Wrote: According to Artie both his exes Dana and Adrienne are getting hitched this year.  That is rough.  I hope he gets thru it OK.  Nick DiPaolo got canned from Sirius recently; it would be great if DiPaolo, Artie, Atell, Quinn, could get some kind of a semi-regular gig going.

Artie can't handle a steady gig. He screwed up that Artie and Anthony show and that was 2 hours a day in the afternoon.

Listen, I never said it was a perfect plan.

A great man has died.  Well, maybe not a great man, actually kind of doubtful on that point, but he was definitely one of the great celebrity impressionists.  Even if he only imitated one guy, he did it great...RIP, Dave VanDam, AKA Evil Dave Letterman.

Ah man, he was terrific. Farewell, sir.

Hope Al Pacino's Baby is doing well.
Artie is headed into rehab, and he's been pretty busy on Twitter while he deals with his demons.

I wish him well.  

I guess it didn't work out too well. Artie is currently on D Block, Cell 226, Essex County Jail. From his booking picture he looks like he could care less.

On a podcast the week before he was jailed for testing positive for cocaine he said that he wished people would stop worrying because he was doing fine.

That news is a lot better than what I worry about reading when this thread is bumped.
(02-05-2019, 03:33 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: That news is a lot better than what I worry about reading when this thread is bumped.

Shit, I didn't even think about that.

If that day comes, I won't have the heart to post it.  Everything short of it, sure.

I can’t link it from my phone and it’s several years old but holy crap that Stern video was hilarious.

Wow that's pretty wild. I totally couldn't see Howard getting up there like the CEO of a corporation and doing a presentation like that.
I didn't know the full video was out there. I saw a clip like a year ago.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Wow, that's something. That Powerpoint is so chintzy it kind of makes me angry.
'Sturcture'

I like the thumbnail of Andy Pettite under 'Everyone Pitches In’

Artie's looking pretty damn good, if you ignore the "hollow nose" thing - https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/...9653583876
Sort of looks like ROAD HOUSE villain and frequent Walker: Texas Ranger guest star Marshall Teague.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLzhQzw1A4V4S-oh-bq9U...430PlFWABZ]
He looks pretty good. We'll see for how long.