Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs that are owning you right now
play really fucking loud...

and a more...mellow version.

Lord Huron - I Will Wait By the River

this has been getting some radio love in Los Angeles
it's repetitive but sticks with you
Stratosphere baby, stratosphere.  I'm stacked up over La Guardia and I'm not comin' down for nobody.  Not even you.
I've mentioned before my love for the power-pop band Jukebox the Ghost. Well, their new album, Off to the Races, dropped a few weeks ago and . . . yeah, it's owning me right now. When I haven't been actually listening to it, I've had songs rattling around in my head, and I don't mind it. Some of their past songs had distinct Queen influence, and that's definitely the case here, as you can probably guess from the album title itself (cf. A Day at the Races). The opening track, "Jumpstarted," might as well be a long-lost Queen song. Here's that one and a few other new favorites.

Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer isn't as good as The ArchAndroid, but not many things are.  It's still very, very good with "Don't Judge Me" being the big highlight for me so far.
Janelle Monae is the goods. I saw her open for Prince in 2011.

I've been playing Make Me Feel on repeat lately. I'll have to check out the rest of the album.
Props to the Wonder Years latest album Sister Cities. It’s front heavy on songs with hooks, but if you stick around for the rest of the album you will be pleasantly surprised on the second and third listens.
"Don't worry about it Shawn, I honestly didn't know I was going to be putting my foot in your ass. Life's full of surprises." -Gus from Psych
(04-28-2018, 06:43 PM)mike j Wrote: Janelle Monae is the goods. I saw her open for Prince in 2011.

I've been playing Make Me Feel on repeat lately. I'll have to check out the rest of the album.

Prince/Monae is a hell of a combo. I've seen both, but not together. I've actually seen Monae twice, and she's a phenomenal showwoman - great singer, great dancer, tons of energy and very interactive with her crowds.
I made a goofy video for a song my friends wrote a while back. Enjoy!

Been listening to Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich some lately, and Hold Tight a lot lately.

Otzi -Cruel Economy

https://otzi.bandcamp.com/

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Thee Oh Sees - Toecutter

This song has been playing in my head the past few days.
"Smell Sign."
Pretty much because she's my absolute dream girl, and because she's been everywhere I turn lately, I've really been hooked on IU's latest album from last year.  She's just it in my opinion . . .

Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
Just ahead of their debuting it live at the Billboard Music Awards today, this has been bouncing around the bonce for the past couple of days.  That MV cost money!!!  The logistics of setting up a practical collapsing floor for what accounts to 3 seconds of screentime alone . . . Jesus!

Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.