Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling Discussion Thread (WWE, TNA, ECW, WCW, etc.)
Potential great news on the indie scene, Smart Mark Video and IWTV just announced a merger. This means a better production team for live streamed shows, MORE live events getting streamed, and more promotions being added into the mix.

I'm hoping this adds some prestige to the IWTV title, as there'll be more promotions it gets defended across.

https://independentwrestling.tv/news/sma...nce-merger
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
Headed to ROH next weekend, and then AEW in February. Two months in a row of live wrestling shows!
Wrestle Kingdom 14 has an amazing card for this weekend.
Kota (and his little sister Momo) is very excited to see his namesake ascend to take his rightful place on the throne this weekend . . . 
[Image: 81703036_10156707387061434_8987255376533...e=5E66D0C1]
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
Kota has been a sad doggo all weekend.
Momo's not fussed.
I can see Brock having the stamina to go though 29 contestants. And the f he’s not putting his belt on the line then who cares
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Brock at #1 has potential. Hopefully they dont have someone like Edge come in at #30 to win.
If they're not going to use Brock to make a new star, what's the point? Bulldozing the entire roster in one match doesn't seem like a good way to plan for the future.

Poor Edge ... his return to action is probably a spoiler regarding his character in Vikings, where he's surprisingly good on. Does this guy really need to be wrestling at this stage? He's clearly getting acting gigs that don't put him in mortal danger.
-The Tick
So many wrestlers have been unable to quit the business. Whether it's due to financial reasons, or the addiction of popping a crowd.
Speaking of that, Scott Steiner showed up at the end of NWA Powerrr last night as the surprise "third man" for a future 6-man tag bout between teams from Nick Aldis and Ricky Morton. I couldn't resist screaming "THE BIG BOOTY DADDY" at my TV. The dogs didn't think it was funny.
So, Tessa Blanchard is having a swell weekend.  Yikes.

A couple years back apparently she slapped a black woman in Japan and called her the N-word, according to Allysin Kay and Chelsea Green and a few others.  Maybe she did it, maybe she didn't ... but none of her peers seem to be stepping up for her.  

Might be one of the reasons she's stuck with Impact rather than NXT or AEW. She's one of the most talented women wrestlers in the states right now. I saw her work a few times live and she was usually outshining the dudes on the card with ease. Pity if she turns out to be a racist dipshit.
-The Tick
This is really dissapointing as I feel she could have been really special in AEW.

In other AEW sightings, Sammy Guevera and Luke Harper were guests at a minor league hockey game.  Could be nothing, but I doubt it.
ROH was fun tonight. To repay Scurll showing up at NWA, Nick Aldis did a run in at the end in full security guard "costume" and attacked Villain Enterprises after PCO retained the world title by DQ vs Rush. Speaking of--there were 2 ref bumps...and the 2nd was by Rush on the replacement ref. And he really looked he knocked the shit out of the ref. They immediately got him out of there and the original ref called for the bell. VE also lost the 6-man tag belts, so I don't know if that means Marty is moving on or not.

Headed to AEW next month for Dynamite in Atlanta!
La Parka just died of complications from a suicide dive he took in AAA last Fall. Sigh. (This isn't the same La Parka from WCW - that one now wrestles as L.A. Park.)

Re: Marty - Apparently ROH is pulling out all the stops to keep him, offering him a deal that's said to be WWE-level pay for only working 40 some-odd dates a year. Good deal if you can get it! It's just too bad it would mean sticking around a promotion no one gives a shit about anymore.

He's been posting photos of himself with Brody Lee (Luke Harper) recently ... maybe when his no-complete clause is up, both make the jump together and start a new stable? I'd be down for that. Brody is one of the few "big man" wrestlers I truly enjoy watching. WWE was absolutely braindead in how they handled him.
-The Tick
Looks like Marty re-signed, and is taking over as head booker. Delerious has been demoted.  Interesting....
-The Tick
Wow. Head booker is something that AEW couldnt match. It will be very interesting to see where this goes, especially with a potential NWA crossover.
I'm bummed that he won't be rejoining his Elite brothers, but this can't be anything but a step up for ROH. Good on Marty!
-The Tick
Sounds like Brian Cage may be AEW bound, but nothing official from either party.

EDIT: Cage's wife says no comtract has been signed.  In actuality he's currently dealing with a torn bicep.
I read that Scurll will be sharing the booker thing with Delirious, but Scurll booked most of the ATL show, which was pretty good. The women's tag match was kind of bleah--they really need to step up their women's division. At one point it was Angelina and Sumie in the ring, and a guy behind us said, "What is this, geriatric wrestling night?" Maria Manic did show up at the goading of Bully Ray. She speared him and beat up on him until Allure came out and they all ended up putting her through a table.

I also read that he plans to try to strengthen ROH's cooperation with NJPW and NWA, and possibly AEW. That would be pretty cool--kind of like the old territory days where guys would show up somewhere for a couple of weeks to run through a storyline.
Tomorrow night's AEW Bash at the Beach already has a better card than half of the WCW Bash cards.
Damn, Cody is a great promo!
-The Tick
Dynamite in Atlanta is on Feb. 19th...is it too much to ask that the cage match with Wardlow is that night?
(01-15-2020, 09:41 PM)martianman Wrote: Dynamite in Atlanta is on Feb. 19th...is it too much to ask that the cage match with Wardlow is that night?

Not at all!  That's exactly what they confirmed on Dynamite tonight.
Woo hoo! I was in and out of the show so I missed that. I saw the end of Cody's promo but didn't know if he had confirmed that or not. And it looks like I need to go back and watch the start of the show with the crazy 4 team tag match. Baron Corbin also decided that he didn't like that match as he expressed on Twitter, which means even more that I need to go back and watch it.
Welp, now I'm scoring the hat trick--I had no idea NJPW was going to be in Atlanta until yesterday. Got two tickets to the show on 2/1. I guess I need to get off my ass and get tickets to an NWA show sometime soon as well. ROH, NJPW, and AEW within 6 weeks or so of each other.
(01-19-2020, 04:01 PM)martianman Wrote: Welp, now I'm scoring the hat trick--I had no idea NJPW was going to be in Atlanta until yesterday. Got two tickets to the show on 2/1. I guess I need to get off my ass and get tickets to an NWA show sometime soon as well. ROH, NJPW, and AEW within 6 weeks or so of each other.

Lucky.  AEW keeps teasing me by scheduling more shows in the Western U.S.  I'm hoping that a Seattle show will be sometime in the spring.

EDIT: latest announcement has AEW back in the NY/NJ area at the end of March.  That's what I get for hoping.
OMG and if I was a complete madman, I just saw that Impact is going to be in Atlanta in the next few months as well. Atlanta is suddenly a hotbed of non-WWE wrestling.

Oh and if you haven't watched the new BTE, they make a phone call to "Marty" to try and sign him to AEW. It doesn't go as expected. Poor Kenny.
BTE also has the blossoming romance of Statlander and Orange Cassidy.
Yes! A lot of fun stuff. The one they did over Christmas where Matt speared Christopher Daniels into a bean bag and then started doing the "beatdown" on him that the Dark Order did to Dustin, all the while staring into the camera had me dying laughing.
Had a funny convo the other day with a lapsed wrestling fan;

"Hey bro you should check out AEW it's a good new wrestling company on TNT."

"Oh yeah? What makes it so good?"

"It's a hip alternative to that tired WWE s***. Lot of new and different cool wrestlers. Latest episode took place on a cruise ship."

"Hmm, sounds interesting. What was the main event?"

"PAC vs John Moxley."

"Who?"

"Oh right. Adrian Neville and Dean Ambrose."

"Uh, huh."

"Yeah and Chris Jericho was guest commentator."

"I see. Why was he there?"

"He's Le Champion."

"Wut?"

"He's the AEW champion."

"Wut?"

"Yeah. The match was to determine the #1 contender for their the next PPV main event championship match."

"...So anyway, who's usually on commentary?"

"Good ol' Jim Ross. And they recently signed Taz."

"Riiiiiiight. Really new and different fed there bud."

"Well, at least the undercard is, if you ignore all of the Lucha Underground and IMPACT Wrestling carryovers- hey where are you going?"

Oh well, can't win them all.
Git' in under mah belly!
Hey, no harm in trying.

I got my wife watching every week with me.  She wasnt a wrestling fan at all before AEW, but now we're watching BTE and Sammy's vlog along with Dynamite.  The big draw for her are the characters.  She likes Jurassic Express, Young Bucks, and PAC's abs.
PAC is a BASTARD for being in such enviable shape.
Git' in under mah belly!
I know no one here gives much of a fuck about Beyond, but they just got greenlit for a network pilot, and will finally be introducing championship belts to the promotion. No word o n which network it is, and no promise that the pilot will lead to a series.... but this is an amazing opportunity for a indie promotion in this day and age.
-The Tick
Poor, poor main roster.  Worlds Collide wasn't even a "proper" Takeover and have fun following that!
Seriously-fuck you Vince. The Royal Rumble is the fucking best. It's being ruined by Brock steam rolling everyone. And why the fuck would Braun and Keith lee not just team up against brock. Goes against all common sense and logic.

Finally that fuck Lesnar is out
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones