Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling Discussion Thread (WWE, TNA, ECW, WCW, etc.)
There's nothing quite like the tradition of wrestlers pretending they're loaded. (even though Jericho is no doubt financially just fine)
Someone broke into Jericho's limo and stole the AEW Championship.

Luckily AEW has a duplicate belt on hand and they'll be all set for AEW on TNT's debut.
It was probably Trips.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Is he making a storyline out of it?

He's Jericho. Of course he is.
Making lemonade out of grand larceny.

Git' in under mah belly!
I knew it.
"A bit of the bubbly".
I loved Jericho's post win walk. Havent seen crapulance like that since Mr. Burns blocked out the sun.
Crises over everyone! Tallahassee police found the AEW belt. Unless Jericho loses it agai- er I mean someone else steals it, it should be ready to go for the TNT premiere.

I wonder if Tony Khan had already commissioned an emergency replacement though. Just let the order go through to have a backup strap anyway.
Git' in under mah belly!
So Ric Flair may be suing WWE over their use of "The Man" moniker they're using for Lynch. Interesting....
-The Dexter Morgan of Assholes
(09-05-2019, 09:59 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Crises over everyone! Tallahassee police found the AEW belt. Unless Jericho loses it agai- er I mean someone else steals it, it should be ready to go for the TNT premiere.

I wonder if Tony Khan had already commissioned an emergency replacement though. Just let the order go through to have a backup strap anyway.

Interesting note - it's not the first time Jericho has been a bit lax with his titles.  A friend of mine from the days on the local scene has a real job of being the main distribution agent for the majority of indie metal labels in Australia, which means that along the way in life he's made great friends with Jericho - both through wrestling and the music scene.  The other day he re-posted some pics from ten years or so back when Jericho and Edge won the unified Raw/Smackdown tag belts.  He was hanging with him at the time, stole the belts and wandered around the streets of L.A (I think?) with both belts on, getting people to take pics of him wearing them.  Jericho didn't even know they were gone until they got to the next town the following day.  Pretty funny stuff in retrospect.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I hope Jericho keeps the belt at least during his Jericho Cruise in January. Drunk ship captain/champion is too good to pass up.
clicks onto RAW out of curiosity

Sees Corbin is pinning Samoa Joe to advance in the KotR.

clicks back off

Nope.
Just have a Corbin/Elias KOTR final. Make no one happy.
So there's not going to be an NXT TakeOver event on Royal Rumble weekend next year. Instead they're doing something called "Worlds Collide," where wrestlers from all the brands compete against each other. Except it's not going to be anyone scheduled to be on the Rumble show, so I wonder if anyone is going to care.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
NXT being absorbed into the undulating blob of boredom known as WWE TV was always inevitable. AEW just sped up the process.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
So, Gable vs Corbin in the KotR finals ... which they decided to hold on RAW instead of the PPV. Odd. There's always hope for a Gable push... but I think we all know Corbin is the annointed one in Vince's mind. Even if Gable wins, it'll be to put Corbin over in some fashion eventually.

Gable's definitely a guy who'd benefit from a move to AEW whenever his contract is up. The man is full of untapped potential.

Beyond's Uncharted Territory starts back up in October in my backyard. I'll be travelling the first month though, but I'm hoping to get to some live shows in November/December. Sadly, by then Orange Cassidy's AEW exclusivity will likely be in effect. I'll miss watching him work live.

The indies in general are predicting decimation by this AEW/WWE scuffle. For the last few years we've been pretty spoiled on the indie scene, getting to see some top tier workers in their primes. Now every company able to lock wrestlers into contracts are on a mad dash to do just that. Impact and ROH included. It's going to be a lot harder for groups like Beyond, Chikara, Limitless and even PWG to book the quality matches they've been known for.

I have confidence in Beyond, at least. Drew has a major eye for undiscovered talent. There's a ECW-style loyalty the fans there have for the company. Chikara has it's own feeder system with it's school, so they'll be fine. PWG can probably get by on reputation alone. Evolve and Progress will be fine with their working relationships with WWE... right until WWE stabs them in the back at least.

A lot of these others though.... they're in for some rough sailing ahead.
Gable has needed a push BADLY. He was the better of the two in Alpha, everyone knew it, and Vince discarded him completely in favour of the look.
I read somewhere a few weeks ago they predicted that it would be Corbin/Gable in the finals with Gable going over to give him a push. Funny that seems to be the way it's going. Unless Vince at the last minute thinks it's "good shit" to have Corbin win and piss everyone off.
A heel King Corbin could actually be kinda fun. He's seemed to have turned the crowd from X-Pac heat to genuine heel heat. Then again, he doesn't really need the crown to be a heel.

----------

I liked Corbin better before the haircut. That greasy balding mullet completed his shitty heel look.

They should repackag him with a Texas gimmick and let him grow out his hair bit and dye it blonde. Call him Corbin Dallas.
Git' in under mah belly!
Or just have him wearing a Gimp outfit and have Vinnie Mac lead him to the ring on a chain and dog collar. If we have to witness McMahon's fantasy life on WWE TV, he may as well go full bear.
Positive news from Impact! They're moving to the AXS network sometime in the future. Good for them as the roster has some good talent.

Sounds like Big Cass isn't doing so well, which is too bad. For a while there it looked like he was getting his shit together, and even hooked up with DDP.  He had some sort of breakdown at a indy show in NJ, threatened Joey Janella and got into an altercation with Pat Buck before getting removed from the building.  

Apparently cops were concerned for his own well being and detained him outside the building for a while.  No charges being pressed.  Dude's just not mentally well.  I feel for him.
Well that's depressing. He seemed good in that DDP video not too long ago. I have family with mental issues so I know from experience the emotional rollercoaster betwwen good and bad periods.
Git' in under mah belly!
It's amazing how much you appreciate quality wrestling when you watch a great New Japan show and then AEW right after. Meanwhile the desperate WWE ploy known as NXT TV will try to steal AEW's thunder (it won't) and on tonight's RAW....is a baby gender reveal party.

The sooner you leave the WWE behind the happier you'll be.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Way to push your tag division, having Braun make light work of BOTH divisions champions in a throw-away segment on RAW.

The Revival is too good for this shit. WWE gave up on tag team wrestling as a serious endeavor a long time ago. Let AEW snap up the best tag teams, at least they'll actually be featured.
Why do you keep torturing yourself Anjin? I stopped watching WWE regulary a looooooong time ago. I keep tabs here and there, watch some highlights, chime in around WrestleMania season, but anytime I try to actually watch Raw or Smackdown I usually can't take more than a couple of segments. It's so bad.
Git' in under mah belly!
No worries, I'm not actively following any WWE shows these days (or any wrestling shows, really) ... just put them on in the background sometimes. I spent most of CotC watching Orange Cassidy matches on YouTube while occasionally glancing over at the TV.

The real show for me is the behind the scenes stuff. Sometimes it's fun too see how much of a trainwreck one of these shows will be after three weeks in a row of Vince ripping up the scripts and having them rewritten hours before air.
Man, I really feel for Strowman. He finally gets his mojo back after seemingly being lost for months, only to have to deal with the Fiend being too hot to ignore and not being a good matchup for him at all.

----------

My bet is Jurassic Express. The Bucks shouldn't put the belts on themselves right off the bat, and Luchasaurus is super over.
Thanks for posting that gorgeous bracket Anjin.

If I were booking here's how I'd have things go:

Rd 1:
Private Party over Young Bucks: Upset to get people talking.

Lucha Bros over Jurassic Express: Lucha Bros are the best tag team in the world.

SCU over Best Friends: Avoid the rematch of Dark Order/Best Friends that didn't exactly set the world on fire. SCU could use a win.

Rd 2:
Lucha Bros over Private Party

Dark Order over SCU

Finals:
Lucha Bros over Dark Order: The spooky perverts have no power over the men with Cero Miedo.
I like how for each team, either both guys look super serious, or one guy looks serious and one guy has his mouth open.