Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what monumentally classic film did you only just watch now you witless imbecile?
Next week i'll be watching in IMAX a Sci Fi Classic i've never seen.

2001: A Space Odyssey
Wait what?

Better late than never I guess...

Incredibly salty that the IMAX near my office isn't showing 2001...
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
It's true! I've never seen it before.
Saw the IMAX a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty damn glorious. Enjoy, felix!
I haven't watched it in forever. Probably should refresh my memory at some point and see it how plays now that I'm in my middle years.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Unless there's another screening nearby, I'll probably never watch 2001 ever again. The IMAX screening made me realize how home viewing all the years prior simply never cut it.
See, when i saw it on IMAX, I wanted to watch it again at the house because it was so great. Granted, I may watch it with my face pressed up to the TV, but great is great is great.

Last night I watched Ernst Lubitsch's TROUBLE IN PARADISE (1932), and absolutely loved it. Imagine a world where people are smart and say smart things. What a delightful fantasy!

Herbert Marshall plays a dashing thief who teams up with another thief (Miriam Hopkins; the scene where they fall in love by revealing what they've stolen from each other is GREAT) to swindle wealthy businesswoman Kay Francis. Needless to say, complications ensue.

Effortlessly suave and funny, and the camerawork puts a lot of the early Sound Era films to shame. Check it out.
Your description has me intrigued. TROUBLE IN PARADISE is apparently showing on TCM on 11/30. I hadn't planned on keeping my cable subscription that long. Sad
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Also check out Lubitsch's Design For Living.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen