Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The School Shooting Thread
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dario Delfino

I hate guns, but he would have been just as likely to do the same thing with a pair of hedgeclippers.

Sure, but he'd probly stop once he realises how silly he looks running around screaming obscenities with a pair of hedgeclippers in his hands.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Great! Now, can we get another sticky thread called "Elected conservative ruins career?"

They'll all be re-elected, so we need to make sure we have all of our fun now, before it just gets depressing again.
Man, autumn sucks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarant

Sure, but he'd probly stop once he realises how silly he looks running around screaming obscenities with a pair of hedgeclippers in his hands.

Not necessarily. For example, I looked damn silly running around with them taking hostages at my high school, but I didn't stop once I realized it; I just pulled my shirt up Cornholio-style and rolled with it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dario Delfino

Not necessarily. For example, I looked damn silly running around with them taking hostages at my high school, but I didn't stop once I realized it; I just pulled my shirt up Cornholio-style and rolled with it.

Holy Shit! The Theory of Exponential Silliness... I never thought of that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarant

My mistake.
This thread made my afternoon.
Hooray for guns!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan

Yahoo!:

Good times!

Good thing you folks take gun control seriously!

Other than $10 000 bullets or a total ban on all firearms, what sort of gun control laws would have prevented this?
It's not a gun problem, it's people being fucked in the head problem. Emotional infants who can't deal with their own glitches so they lash out at easy targets and get the attention they apparently lacked.

typical American cry-baby syndrome. Don't get what they want, make a spectacle and drag innocents down with them.
But it is much easier for people like that to do damage if they have a firearm.
Valid point, but what do you do?

Again, the problem runs deeper than just a gun problem. It's lousy parents, careless, greedy doctors and our over-reliance on pills to fix all of our problems.
I wish I knew what to do. But somehow making guns less accessible would be a good start. Maybe make the death penalty mandatory for any crime involving a gun, even robberies where the weapon isn't actually used.
Chris Wood, meet America. America, Chris Wood. America loves it's guns and no commie, fag liberal is going to take that right away.

Blaming guns is like blaming a car when a drunk driver crosses the center line killing someone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by General Zod

Blaming guns is like blaming a car when a drunk driver crosses the center line killing someone.

Not really. Cars have a perfectly legitimate and safe use. Guns are used solely for causing harm. And making cool action movies.
So you are saying we ban action movies? Damn you Wood! Damn you straight to hell!
Quote:

So you are saying we ban action movies? Damn you Wood! Damn you straight to hell!

Ban action movies?! Heresy!! Speaking of which, I wonder if McClane will be going with the Beretta or the Glock this time around.
Guns are in the same boat as drugs for me. If you ban guns, that doesn't mean they'll go away. We'll just have gun cartels, illegal gun handling, and more people filling up prisons for sentences. Drugs won't go away. Guns won't go away.

And yes, it is true. Guns don't kill people. Fucked up people kill people.

It's life.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wood

Ban action movies?! Heresy!! Speaking of which, I wonder if McClane will be going with the Beretta or the Glock this time around.

After all of the school shootings, the filmmakers will CG McClane a Viking Boat Oar over the images of the offensive 'gun.'
Quote:

After all of the school shootings, the filmmakers will CG McClane a Viking Boat Oar over the images of the offensive 'gun.'

You jest, but apparently this isn't uncommon in TV cartoon broadcasts.

Quote:

Guns are in the same boat as drugs for me. If you ban guns, that doesn't mean they'll go away.

That's as may be, but it doesn't mean we need to be able to buy crack cocaine and shotguns at Walmart.
Quote:

Thanks for opening old wounds, Zod. Maybe the world would be safer if people would only point CG radios at each other.
Quote:

You jest, but apparently this isn't uncommon in TV cartoon broadcasts.

That's as may be, but it doesn't mean we need to be able to buy crack cocaine and shotguns at Walmart.

Tom & Jerry have been severely edited. The Mammy style talk of Tom's owner now has the PC voice of a white woman.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattimus

Thanks for opening old wounds, Zod. Maybe the world would be safer if people would only point CG radios at each other.

Stop your dreaming.
Quote:

I wish I knew what to do. But somehow making guns less accessible would be a good start. Maybe make the death penalty mandatory for any crime involving a gun, even robberies where the weapon isn't actually used.

Bad idea. If I know I'm going to get the chair just for pulling a gun while robbing a 7-11 for the $20 in the till, I'll be sure to kill all the witnesses. What do I have to lose?

If you want to go off on a tangent for a second, I was all for the AWB, and in fact I think it was too lenient. Those weapons weren't useful for defense or hunting, they were just toys that added to the weapons-available-for-theft pool. No one's rights would be violated had that entire catalog never existed, and the number of guns available for theft and use in crime would be that much smaller. Pretend soldiers can't have their toys, but oh well.

Even so, there would still be plenty of useful firearms available to the first nut who comes along. Reasonable firearm laws aren't a bad idea, but this would've probably happened anyway. After all, there are nearly as many guns as people in the U.S.
And we missed a joke. What's this?

clip-clop-clip-clop-clip-clop-clip-clop-BANG!-clip-clop-clip-clop-clip-clop-clip-clop.

An Amish drive-by.
Good one.

The sickening thing about guns in this country are the freaks who love them. I mean, really love them. Their eyes bulge out and they speak in a hushed reverential tone in talking about them to others, cradling it like it's a living being, very creepy.
I've heard. It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
Quote:

Cars have a perfectly legitimate and safe use.

There are those that would argue that hurtling down a road at 70 miles per hour in a 3,000 lb, combustible piece of metal is not entirely safe.
A fifth child, seven years old, is now dead. Five other girls, ages 6-13, remain in critical condition. So who's got the next joke? Nick? Devin?

Sorry to piss on the parade, but you guys are all better than this.

I spent a day in terror hoping a family member was not a victim of a school shooting (Springfield,OR - May '98). I remember how fucked up our community was in the wake of that bloody day. What I don't remember is having a bunch of smarmy assholes clamoring over one another to make the wittiest post of the day trivializing the deaths of innocent children.

I don't mean to get preachy, but the bulk of this thread has flat out pissed me off. I'll stop now and bother you no more.

Peace be with you all, Patrick Woods
Quote:

Chris Wood, meet America. America, Chris Wood. America loves it's guns and no commie, fag liberal is going to take that right away.

Isn't it kind of odd that the same people who love their guns so much want to blame tv/music/internet/what have yous for this type of stuff?

There's very little you can do to prevent some whack job from going off the deep end. Just be glad we don't have to worry about cars exploding every 4 blocks.

I'm not a fan of guns either, but the death penalty for gun crimes like this? Unfortunately the bad guys are one step ahead of us there, taking their own lives before we can gas 'em up.

I'm suprised this kind of stuff doesn't happen a lot more often, really. I'm glad it doesn't, I don't really want to live in constant fear, but let's face it, there are a lot of people out there just waiting to lose it and plenty of tools to get the job done.

I'm pretty sure if I were quick enough, and had enough #2 pencils, I could sneak attack at least 3-4 students before anyone knew what was going on. I bet that would make the 6 o'clock news! Then I'd blame Steven Seagal movies just before driving one up my nose and into my own brain. It doesn't take a gun to do something totally fucked up. Though I agree, it does make it much easier.
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodrowgus

A fifth child, seven years old, is now dead. Five other girls, ages 6-13, remain in critical condition. So who's got the next joke? Nick? Devin?

OK! I'll take it!

I would like to see this investigated on the next episode of CSI: AMISH COUNTRY. They could dowse for DNA evidence. They'll dunk suspects under water - if they drown, they're innocent!
People can do a lot of harm with a lot of things. You could probly kill a guy by sticking marshmallows in his eyes, if you wanted to. But guns do allow you to achieve a certain disconnectedness from the situation that stabbing a guy or bashing him with a rock doesn't.
Stricter gun controls seems like a longshot, but it's sure as hell more realistic than making people better parents... Now that's a fucking pipe dream.
Quote:

Originally Posted by devincf

OK! I'll take it!

I would like to see this investigated on the next episode of CSI: AMISH COUNTRY. They could dowse for DNA evidence. They'll dunk suspects under water - if they drown, they're innocent!

Hey, Captain Current Events,victims, Amish, Shooter, NOT FUCKING AMISH. Neither are all cops in Pennsylvania.
It's a FUCKING JOKE. Since when did jokes have to be completely accurate? THE JOKE IS THAT AMISH CRIMEFIGHTING IS FUNNY.