Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Theatre Thread
Or, an attempt to inject some culture up in here. This isn't just a place to talk about Broadway theatre, if you've seen any good local productions of a show or an original play, speak up!

Anyway, here's Ben Brantley's review of the just-opened revival of "Talk Radio" (one of my personal favorites), starring Liev Schreiber.

A highlight:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Brantley in the New York Times

With “Talk Radio” Mr. Schreiber, who won a Tony two years ago for his performance in “Glengarry Glen Ross,” confirms his status as the finest American theater actor of his generation, a man capable of presenting clouded, complicated minds with searing clarity. His performance here is unnervingly physical as Barry’s malaise of the soul translates into all manner of bodily discomforts.

Some people may not think of Sacramento as a hotbed for great theatre. Well folks, you don't know how full of shit you are. Just last Friday a production of "12 Angry Men" began a run here featuring Richard Thomas and George Wendt. I hope I can score some choice tickets to watch these two titans collide before the show closes on March 18th.
Outer Critics Circle nominations, generally considered a pretty good bellweather for the Tonys, whose nominations are announced May 15th, here:

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_...oppins_co.html
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti

Some people may not think of Sacramento as a hotbed for great theatre. Well folks, you don't know how full of shit you are. Just last Friday a production of "12 Angry Men" began a run here featuring Richard Thomas and George Wendt. I hope I can score some choice tickets to watch these two titans collide before the show closes on March 18th.

I think I'd have trouble not shouting out NORM! when George enters the Jury room if I were in the audience.

The fact that the below video seems to be everywhere at the moment and that, as a result of this, UK newspapers are actually talking about theatre etiquette makes me kind of sad.

What kind of people are we becoming when someone will attend a live performance and rather than engaging in what's happening before them, they prefer to concentrate on recording the event for their social media page? That people have to be told this makes me face-palm.

I guess this is the theater thread. Ok!

There’s a production of Macbeth going up in NY next month, with a cast of seven teenage girls. It is inspired largely by the little girls who stabbed their friend almost to death to impress Slender Man, and it stars Isabelle Fuhrman, aka Orphan, in the title role. It seems to have been made for me specifically.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN