Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KrakenHeads: This Hollow World
Five Page Preview coming...
http://chud.com/news/9329
Looks a lot like the Olivetti work on BSvsAVP. I like it quite a bit. Nice nod to THUD, BTW.
I really like the coloring.
I've often wondered why more idle screenplays don't get turned into comics, and I'm glad you're doing something productive with your hard work rather than hoping for the film offers to come rolling in. It looks great, Nick.
Is this going to be available in "Previews"?
DIY is the way to go, man. Kudos.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prankster

Is this going to be available in "Previews"?

Most definitely, but not for some time. It's four 50-page books.
Looks good, but I'm gonna wait for the trade.
I've got enough gibbering enthusiasm for two people. The art looks fantastic.
Hmmm.
Art is excellent, and the premise is... intriguing.
holy shit! sign me up!
I'm not (and never have been) a comics reader, but I wanted to wish you good luck with this project!
The art looks really nice - what program is the artist using?
Llooks really good so far, I'm curious to see what tone the overall story takes. From what we've seen it could go horror, or be more of the King Kong style adventure movie.
Nick, you have an great talent for finding interesting and exciting illustrators. That , coupled with your alternate voice of writing, might keep you away from other projects, if it gets the attention it deserves. Looking forward to this one.
I like the premise and the writing, but the art is leaving me a little cold.
Very cool, and four 50 page books sounds like a good way to go. You may not know, but any idea on price...mostly cause I'd hate to spend like 5-6 bucks an issue (not bad for a 50 pager, mind you) if a trade comes out for like 15 bucks later on.

Basically, either way, I'll be picking it up.
Looks fucking great.
I don't buy comic books, but I'll buy these.
Thanks fellas.
Looks good Nick, can't wait t pick it up. I just wish it was sooner than later.
Will we get an eternally drowning DiCaprio floating by in the background, mashing out "I fucking enjoyed it" on his wrist keypad?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine Doinel

I really like the coloring.

Seconded. The moods are also really solid. My only problem is the flow of the writing seems a little jumbled at times.
I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments on the preview pages. So, uh...thanks!
hey the art is fantastic.

nick now i know what you were referring to in the "meg thread" when someone was mentioning the now defunct NBC show "surface" and you commented with something like "wait till you see what we have in store".

The premise is intriguing...i know its just 4 pages, but the dialogue feels a little flat right now. Thats the only thing I sort of didn't like.
It's the 40's. We're in present day from here on. That's intentionally flat.
ah. ok well that does make more sense then.

fuckin 40s...
I am very interested in reading the rest of this.
perhaps timely Big Cave
We're about halfway through the first 50 page issue as of today.
I saw some more of the art on John's myspace...really good. Glad no corners are being cut. Also like the wide variety of environments depicted in the story and the vague aspect of the threat.

The pics so far raise a whole bunch of questions I can't wait to have answered when I read the final product.
Here's our leading lady and leading man. She's dreamy.

Absolute Biel of the ball.
Ha!