Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federer vs. Nadal on 1/2 grass, 1/2 clay court
Indian Wells in California, essentially the biggest tennis tournament on both the men's and women's tours outside of the slams and tour finals has been canceled due to the virus outbreak. Given the European clay season is right around the corner, with events in Monte Carlo, Rome, and Paris, we might be on the verge of tennis being basically on hiatus indefinitely.

I guess Federer timed his knee surgery pretty fortuitously. Sucks as a Nadal fan, though.
Arthur Ashe statue vandalized  Angry
https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/2...pray-paint
Grigor Dimitrov tests positive for COVID-19 a week after partying it up on Novaxx Djokovic's Adria tour in Serbia, which didn't observe many of the safety protocols that are required in other places. It was a bad idea then, and it looks worse now.
Djokovic announced he now has COVID as well. Sigh.
Djokovic says they did everything "with a pure heart", but give me a fucking break. They didn't even implement some of the most basic safety protocols. The tour's photo ops were filled with little kids standing side by side/playing with them. The players may end up fine, but if even one kid gets severely ill... will there be any responsibility taken? Any consequence?

To make things worse, Djokovic recently has been espousing anti-vax and pseudoscience viewpoints, and doing videos with some dubious health&wellness type hucksters.
Pure hearts, empty brains, can't lose.
Well Djokovic was defaulted from a slam he basically couldn't lose barring injury because he can't stop getting frustrated when someone has the audacity to give him a close set, and so he blindly hit a ball that hit a lineswoman in the neck.

So this US Open is looking up.
Considering that earlier this year he got a bunch of people infected with COVID by holding a tennis event that ignored efforts to contain the virus, then claimed people's anger at him was part of a conspiracy to destroy him, I couldn't be happier that he got tossed from the Open in humiliating fashion.

All those championships, and he's still a loser.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(09-07-2020, 12:22 AM)farsight Wrote: Considering that earlier this year he got a bunch of people infected with COVID by holding a tennis event that ignored efforts to contain the virus, then claimed people's anger at him was part of a conspiracy to destroy him, I couldn't be happier that he got tossed from the Open in humiliating fashion.

All those championships, and he's still a loser.

And just to remind everyone we're living in 2020, we have fanatical Djokovic supporters on social media analyzing the incident like the Zapruder film claiming the ball didn't hit the lineswoman and that she took a dive...