Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KrakenHeads Logo
I'm really happy with it. Might see this in front of flick before 2009. Hope you dig. Feel free to rip it. Art by John Rauch.

For those who didn't know, that's my company. Comics, flicks, and a children's book in the works.
Hey Troy, get used to that logo buddy.
I hope your daughter got you the Lovecraft kit for father's day looking at that logo. Very nice Nick. Can't wait to see it before a movie.
Very sharp!
Awesome. Very stylish! I am incredibly intrigued by this children's book idea, though...
Fuck, now I want to see all the other residents of that office building.

Love the logo. It's full of logoness.
Cool looking logo - definitely needs to be animated re: films (tentacles moving around, stars spinning or flashing). A simple fade-in, fade-out won't cut it.
The yes-man answer is that it looks great. The honest answer is that it looks a little goofy for something in front of a movie. I would get rid of the stars at least, and probably streamline the face. Otherwise a good profile.
I like it -- two tentacles up!
I like it, it asks the question how is he going to drink that?

The stars sell the pun, and from all reports I am no man.
I love it. And I honestly can't wait to see what you've come up with for your children's books.
That guy works in my office. Total asshole.
Cthulhu got an office job?
I like it. Enjoyed the pink, but I could get used to this.
I want this on a T shirt.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpnspaulding

I want this on a T shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com/chud.143244518#
Meant to comment yesterday, but I like this a lot -- it doesn't look like anything else you see in front of a flick.
I think the animation will be;

He walks up from the distance with an empty pot, shoots ink/coffe into it, and hands it to you.
I like it. Or maybe the empty pot should be in the foreground, and we watch it getting filled with what we assume is coffee, only to have the camera pan up to his head.
I like it, but what was wrong with the old KrakenHeads logo? I always thought it was a cool design too.
I like this a lot as an image, but I don't think it's a workable logo. I'm not trying to be snide or just contrary. I think it works really well as an illustration. I'd say it's great as an illustration, but there's a lot going on there that's going to be lost with any kind of reduction. Just looking at your avatar, Nick, it took me way too long to figure out what was going on there before I saw the full sized image. Again, I think this is a really great piece John's worked up, but it's a bit too much for a logo, in my opinion.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata

SOLD!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Millette

I like this a lot as an image, but I don't think it's a workable logo. I'm not trying to be snide or just contrary. I think it works really well as an illustration. I'd say it's great as an illustration, but there's a lot going on there that's going to be lost with any kind of reduction. Just looking at your avatar, Nick, it took me way too long to figure out what was going on there before I saw the full sized image. Again, I think this is a really great piece John's worked up, but it's a bit too much for a logo, in my opinion.

I was going to write exactly the same thing, great illustration ... not sure of it as a logo. I guess you can work around the fact that it can't be reduced by having different versions, one of them being another logo concentrating on just the head. However, for something that's supposed to go in a book, or in a movie it needs to be simpler.

A good example of this, even though it's for a different type of company is the Apple logo. It had a complex illustration at the beginning which nobody remembers;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Apple_first_logo.png

and was replaced by the simpler monochromatic apple everybody is familiar with now (which keeps getting updated but keeps the same shape). I think the logo that you want here is something more akin to the actual kraken head illustration and leaving the body and the rest of out it.
The krakenhead looks superimposed on the man's body.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCapitanAmerica

I was going to write exactly the same thing, great illustration ... not sure of it as a logo. I guess you can work around the fact that it can't be reduced by having different versions, one of them being another logo concentrating on just the head. However, for something that's supposed to go in a book, or in a movie it needs to be simpler.

A good example of this, even though it's for a different type of company is the Apple logo. It had a complex illustration at the beginning which nobody remembers;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Apple_first_logo.png

and was replaced by the simpler monochromatic apple everybody is familiar with now (which keeps getting updated but keeps the same shape). I think the logo that you want here is something more akin to the actual kraken head illustration and leaving the body and the rest of out it.

I think Paramount would be a good example. In front of a movie you have the big detailed mountain with the stars circling around, but on licenced books etc. they have a much simpler looking mountain.
Hey Nick. The drawing's great. But I kinda of agree with the sentiments that it's a bit complicated for a logo. I've been through this quite a bit, and the best logos can work well in black and white alone (ie. no shading). Imagine you were to put it on a stamp, for example.

Personally, I'd get rid of the coffee, the paper and perhaps even the entire body and just concentrate on making the Kraken Head a memorable image. It is a really cool illustration.

Either way, that's just my 2 cents.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason P. Thompson

I like it. Enjoyed the pink, but I could get used to this.

Ditto.

And from merely a graphic standpoint, I agree with Millette. If you can't make it work on a ball cap, it needs simplification (like the ol' pink one). But for a movie logo (like the Bruckheimer, or Scott Free, etc), it's cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedigger

That guy works in my office. Total asshole.

He's the guy that kills the Joe without makin' some mo'...
Totally.
Like some have said, it could work well as a film logo, and is certainly a great illustration.

And don't lose the coffee. Maybe the stars, but not the coffee.
Ink into the coffee is great. I think it's pretty good.
Nick, when does the KrakenHeads hentai comic line come out? The possibilities are limitless!
It's about time mind flayers were modernized for the dangers of office life.

Lose the stars, otherwise it's great!
Dude...there's a shirt! I'm'a have to get one of those.