The Trouble City Forums
BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: The Citizens (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Forum: Drafts & Lists (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=162105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-25-2020

I considered pairing him with both Aykroyd and Dolph.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-25-2020

My list is updated. Working on the story and graphics now.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-25-2020

Hey Judas, I changed the story summary to a more manageable font size, if you want to use that instead.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-25-2020

Hey Boone:

With all of the varying picture formats (inserts are working fine, attachments are not translating over) and with the restrictions being placed on the number of pictures per post (and with posts merging), I don't dare edit anything. Once I open up the editor, it essentially makes me start over.

To that end: I apologize to those of you who are not seeing pictures in your threads. Uploaded pictures do not carry over to new threads.

No worries, then.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-25-2020

OK, first round brackets are up.

Again, I apologize to those of you who aren't seeing your pictures come over. If you would care to redo your 'entry' in the bracket with something that encompasses your pictures and shows off your hard work, please do so. It appears that only linked pictures carry over, not uploaded attachments.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Pither - 05-25-2020

Not sure if you all could tell, but, much in the spirit of both Twin Peaks and The X-Files, I didn't always have a clear idea of where I was going with this. Still, I'm pretty happy with what I came up with.

Originally, I was planning on teaming Scully with Hellboy, but had trouble coming up with a villain that felt suitable. I also had two other loose concepts. One would've teamed Shaft with Lee from Enter the Dragon (I was glad to see Elvis finally take Shaft). The other would've had a '60s camp angle, with Frank Gorshin's Riddler kidnapping celebrity guest Rudy Martinez, aka "?" of ? and the Mysterians. Emma Peel probably would've been one of the cops.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - simbob - 05-25-2020

I'm not seeing polls in any of the threads.

No polls. Just vote in the comments area.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Fat Elvis - 05-26-2020

I've been up all nite, and I'm still wired on coffee, so let me give my takes on everyone's draft. This is on the fly, so don't take it personal if I overlook anyone. My Hits & Misses:

BEST COP COMBO:

1. I'm a Keanu guy so much love for Bailey's Jack & Johnny combination. A fun gimmick, that would actually have fit right in with the 90's Action Stars double duty mini-trend.

2. Boone's vintage Bud + Easy. Very 48 HRS.

3. I also dig Judas' Chow + Douglas. The BLACK RAIN we don't deserve.

Honorable: Arjen's BAD LIEUTENANT + Hallenbeck

I wouldn't call these misses, just slight missed opportunities: HT was killing it with Riggs + Baltimore. That was homerun. I don't like Mel's Parker in for Riggs quite as much. It would be cool. Maybe a triple instead of a homerun.

Dent's Max + Dredd is nice. But to my taste, Max + Snake Pliss would've been too cool for school. Duke of New York almost makes up for it.

Villain:

1. His Satanic Majesty - this pick rules. The most original direction anyone went. Crazy genius.

2. Frank White - he's the king of fucking NY.

3. The Killian Factor haha

Honorable: Duke Of New York - he ain't the king, but still.

HENCHMAN:

1. Molly - such a great character. Could fit in with almost any draft scenario, but works especially well in HT's.

2. Tie: Boddicker - classic sleaze/ Tommy Udo- without Widmark in this we don't get half the unhinged genre performances we celebrate - he practically invents Nic Cage

3. Kenneth Anger - haha yes!

Honorable Mention: Grocer; The Richter Angle; The Dane

GREAT COP PICK THAT CARRIES THE SECOND COP PICK ( The RED HEAT AWARD)

1. John McClane

2. Det Sgt Tim "Freebie" Walker

That's all I got. Everyone did interesting stuff.

Apologies to Dickson: I rolled my eyes initially at what he was doing, and even though I don't know half of the characters, I tip my hat at the vision.

BEST OVERALL DRAFT:

I think Atom's Satanic Majesty's Cop Movie is why we do this thing.

Silver: Molt's funniest/ most inspired Molt draft ever

Bronze: Tie: Pither + Boone

Favorite Wild Card Picks:

The Snitch: Jack Horner (Boogie Nights)

The 'Good Guy' Who is Revealed to Be a Villain - World War 2 Hero, gentleman detective, and Nantucket resident Hans Landa

Cop who's a pain in the ass -- Inspector Javert - LES MISERABLES

Detective Cliff Willis (The Good Cop who is Revealed to be a Villain)

The Snitch - Jonathan Mardukas (Midnight Run)

Jordan Tate (Under Siege) as Cop 2's Love Interest

The Snitch: David Kleinfeld (Carlito's Way)

Kelly Van Ryan (Wild Things) as Senator's wife/Damsel in Distress/3rd Act Surprise Villain

The Cop Who's There to Die - (zombie cop) Detective Roger Mortis

Cop 1's Boss, His Sister's Old Friend Who Turns Out to Upend His Fucking Life aka The Good Guy Who is Revealed to be Not Good at All - Howard Ratner (Uncut Gems, 2019)

Joe Friday (Dragnet '87) as Cop 1

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-26-2020

I was going to cast the OG Friday from the 50s Dragnet, since he and Ackroyd are different characters, but it didn't seem fair.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-26-2020

I'll post my votes tonight after work (If I don't melt in the heat first).

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Fat Elvis - 05-26-2020

One last pick to shout out: JENNY BLAKE as the CRAZY RELATIVE. I WISH I had that kind of CRAZY RELATIVE in my life hey-oh

Now that we've celebrated Movie Cops for a week, everyone that has Showtime or Amazon Prime watch BURN MOTHERFUCKER, BURN! Best Doc I've ever seen on how deep racism is ingrained in the LA police force.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-26-2020

I'd also like to point out that, even though Fat Elvis elected not to participate in the brackets, he had a really strong, fun draft. Lots of really fun selections in there. In truth, I think he'd have been a real contender to win the whole thing.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-26-2020

Yeah, despite my complete fuck up regarding Manson, I loved how Elvis' draft came out. A love letter to that particular sub-genre/aesthetic/time period, and quintessentially E.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Richard Dickson - 05-26-2020

I'll try to get to voting tomorrow.

For all the Jennifer Connelly in the 90s fans, allow me to recommend INVENTING THE ABBOTTS and MULLHOLLAND FALLS. Neither is particularly good per se, although Mulholland has some fun stuff in it (young Titus Welliver! Sleazy Rob Lowe!), but Connelly is in peak form in both.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - huntertarantino - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 11:40 PM)boone daniels Wrote: For all the Jennifer Connelly in the 90s fans, allow me to recommend INVENTING THE ABBOTTS and SHE DIED FOR NOTHING YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!! Neither is particularly good per se, although Died for Nothing has some fun stuff in it (young Titus Welliver! Sleazy Rob Lowe!), but Connelly is in peak form in both.

Fixed with the correct title for the latter.

You of all people forgot young Kyle Chandler!

To be fair, I only watched maybe a third of it. I hadn't gotten to Yung Coach before I fell asleep.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-27-2020

Would people be interested if I wrote up the last two acts of THE WINE DARK SEA?

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - atomtastic - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 11:55 PM)boone daniels Wrote: To be fair, I only watched maybe a third of it. I hadn't gotten to Yung Coach before I fell asleep.

I too have only seen certain portions of Mullholland Falls...

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 12:11 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Would people be interested if I wrote up the last two acts of THE WINE DARK SEA?

Go for it!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boristhecheese - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 12:11 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Would people be interested if I wrote up the last two acts of THE WINE DARK SEA?

Hell yes!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - simbob - 05-27-2020

I almost picked him for mine, but Sid 6.7 seems like he would've been a perfect henchman for bailey. I'm a little confused how Xenia Onatopp fits in, other then being cool, which she is.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-27-2020

Sid 6.7 is awesome.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-27-2020

From simbob, in the voting thread:

Quote:I like the idea of Boone's too. Although Crowley acolyte Jack Parsons (I forgot they made a show about him) seems like a weird choice for villian who turns out to be good. Pulling in Parsons is also a missed opportunity to get The Master's L Ron stand-in Lancaster Dodd.

I thought about Dodd - or having the "big name cameo" be Travolta as Hubbard - but atom and I were messaging back and forth a little, and he had mentioned possibly using Dodd. I didn't want to step on his toes. But I will say that his connection to Parsons will be honored.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-27-2020

I just thought of a missed opportunity: Casting the Jack Napier Joker, either as the heavy or a henchman.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-28-2020

If you have not voted, please do so. I'd like to close out the round one brackets today if possible.
Thanks!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-28-2020

Another bit of delayed inspiration. I struggled coming up with a love interest for Friday before finally giving up. Now I regret not thinking of Meredith Salenger's deputy from Lake Placid sooner.

[Image: MV5BZjBhNWEzZWMtNmIxZS00NzU3LTllZTYtZGFj...00_AL_.jpg]

She's a likeable, capable officer and has the va-va-voom factor that I tried to capture with some of my other picks.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-28-2020

We have a tie for Hunter and Pither. Somebody who has not voted, please do so. Thanks!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Fat Elvis - 05-28-2020

"What is truth?"

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-28-2020

Second round matchups are BRUTAL.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-28-2020

Yeah I'm dead right now.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Dent6084 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 08:34 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Second round matchups are BRUTAL.

Nooo kidding.