The Trouble City Forums
BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: The Citizens (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Forum: Drafts & Lists (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=162105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - huntertarantino - 05-22-2020

I was hoping on someone making a Predator some kind of role, but I truly wanted one of you to do Predator Cop.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - arjen rudd - 05-22-2020

They kinda do that in the first AVP, and it’s ok, I guess.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - atomtastic - 05-22-2020

For the bonus can the picks do strictly adhere to the set roles? I have different characters I want to draft, but I can't really fit them into any of the roles.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 03:40 PM)atomtastic Wrote: For the bonus can the picks do strictly adhere to the set roles? I have different characters I want to draft, but I can't really fit them into any of the roles.

Go nuts.  Smile

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - atomtastic - 05-22-2020

Huzzah!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-22-2020

Once the bonus round is over, can we cast some of the other roles, too, for our list or whatever?

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Judas Booth - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 03:44 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Once the bonus round is over, can we cast some of the other roles, too, for our list or whatever?

Yes, but they won't count for brackets.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - boone daniels - 05-22-2020

Manson? Seriously?

Manson movie!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-22-2020

Let's see those Drive-In Totals for Lethal Force:

36 Dead Bodies
11 Breasts
3 Double Crosses
1 Strip Club Shootout
Multiple Motor Vehicle Explosions
3 Motor Vehicle Crashes with Explosions
1 Helicopter Crash with Explosion
1 Impalement via Flying Flaming Helicopter Blade
1 Gratuitous Aardvarking Scene with Cop 2 and Love Interest
1 Gratuitous Topless Catfight between Love Interest and 3rd Act Surprise Villain
Kung Fu
Grenade Fu
Automatic Weapons Fu
Breast Fu
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for Dan Aykroyd, pulling double duty as both Cop 1 and Henchman # 3 under heavy prosthetic makeup and fat suit à la his performance in Nothing but Trouble.
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for the Cowgirl Stripper, reprising her role from I Come in Peace.
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for Joe Bob Briggs in the uncredited role of Strip Club Massacre Victim.
★★★★
Puf Bob says check it out.

I almost had Bobby Beausoleil as a henchman, but decided against it.

Arjen: that's a great role switch and makes perfect sense with your concept.

Kelly Van Ryan is a great fucking choice. WILD THINGS deserves a much better rep than it has, because boy that is a wonderfully nasty, sweaty piece of neo-noir.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Fat Elvis - 05-22-2020

The Story So Far...

2 Rival San Francisco cops meet for the first time on a string of vigilante murders throughout the city. Pushers and Pimps seem to be the targets. The killer is Paul Kersey - now completely insane. The first tip comes from legendary Mack, Goldie, but what breaks the case is the arrival of John Shaft to Oakland, who tracked Kersey from NYC.

Meanwhile, in the Governor's mansion the corrupt Mr. Big has liaisons to meet with a united biker gangs with a nefarious offer. Undercover informant Gator is in on the meeting.

Before the meeting some new hot mamas are in the mix. They tell Angel of this groovy guy Charlie they used to follow and share his teachings. They decide to break him out of prison and bring about Helter Skelter at last....

This might be the first draft where somebody's cast an actual serial killer. Talk about a Manson movie.

I don't mean to harp too much on this, but it feels kind of the bad kind of tasteless, especially since it seems like you're casting the actual Charles Manson and not one of the dramatic portrayals of him. I mean, the guy actually killed people.

(And yes, I know I cast real life people in my draft, which is why I was careful to cast them from dramatizations and not documentaries.)

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - arjen rudd - 05-22-2020

I didn't have a real plan for this one, just winged it, and thought it would be fun to start with a huge swing, so I took Batman. Then, as I went forward, I realized what a fucking mess that made the rest of my draft, and I found I'd either have to lean in, and draft characters like Donatello the Ninja Turtle, or just have a pure chaos draft. So when I realized I lucked into a really fun Shane Black-ish drug dealer/dirty cop/shoot em up happening, that unfortunately had to star Batman, I kind of lost the thread. Getting the option to change the role, along with realizing that Joe Hallenbeck was undrafted, allowed me to completely fix it, I think, and now I've got something I think might be competitive.

I even know how the Batman cameo works. He's delivering a speech at a Black Tie event to promote civic outreach. Everyone's fawning over him, except my two cops, Hallenbeck and McDonagh, who stand by the exit, smoking cigarettes and bitching about him.

(05-22-2020, 04:47 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: I didn't have a real plan for this one, just winged it, and thought it would be fun to start with a huge swing, so I took Batman. Then, as I went forward, I realized what a fucking mess that made the rest of my draft, and I found I'd either have to lean in, and draft characters like Donatello the Ninja Turtle. So when I realized I had a really fun Shane Black-is drug dealer/dirty cop/shoot em up happening, that unfortunately had to star Batman, I kind of lost the thread. Getting the option to change the role, along with realizing that Joe Hallenbeck was undrafted, allowed me to completely fix it, I think, and now I've got something I think might be competitive.

I even know how the Batman cameo works. He's delivering a speech at a Black Tie event to promote civic outreach. Everyone's fawning over him, except my two cops, Hallenbeck and McDonagh, who stand by the exit, smoking cigarettes and bitching about him.

Yep, kinda what I figured.  

[Image: M38zzmeYiL_IitNLVndP4KCSyY_ObpE3O-PjmQTQ...qBFQ2tsWES]

Overall, this was a lot of fun! Really enjoyed it, dudes.

Boone with a Gangster Squad pick? I never.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Fat Elvis - 05-22-2020

Obviously it's not the REAL Manson. I didn't think I would need to clarify that. In my mind I was going for a grindhouse tribute to ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD. Only with a more outlandish scenario. I imagined him getting blown away by Dirty Harry a la the Scorpio Killer.

If everyone thinks it's in bad taste I'll do something else.

This was my wild card hail mary and I thought it tied the room together nicely.

Fat Elvis: love the cop from THE GAUNTLET as 'the cop who's there to die'. that's perfect.

(05-22-2020, 04:59 PM)Fat Elvis Wrote: Obviously it's not the REAL Manson. I didn't think I would need to clarify that. In my mind I was going for a grindhouse tribute to ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD. Only with a more outlandish scenario. I imagined him getting blown away by Dirty Harry a la the Scorpio Killer.

Just go Steve Railsback!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - huntertarantino - 05-22-2020

I ran out of rep, but Pufncraft deserves some kind of award for doing a Joe Bob Briggs drive-in tally on his own work.

(05-22-2020, 05:01 PM)atomtastic Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 04:59 PM)Fat Elvis Wrote: Obviously it's not the REAL Manson. I didn't think I would need to clarify that. In my mind I was going for a grindhouse tribute to ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD. Only with a more outlandish scenario. I imagined him getting blown away by Dirty Harry a la the Scorpio Killer.

Just go Steve Railsback!

Hell, I used a gif of him and everything. The CHARACTER'S name is Manson.

E: Thanks for clarifying. I was just a little confused since it seems like people have generally made it clear when they're casting a real person vs. a fictional portrayal of that person. You posted a photo of the real Manson, so I thought you were casting the actual guy.

I'm all about Manson getting got, so make like Sarah Connor and blow him away.

(05-22-2020, 04:52 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Boone with a Gangster Squad pick? I never.

My deep, abiding, and well-known hatred for Gangster Squad has everything to do with the movie's philosophy and tone, and very little to do with the performances, which are good!

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - simbob - 05-22-2020

I mean the picture alongside Manson wasn't the actual Manson.

Guys, this was a lot of fun. I know that conversation kinda dried up after that first day but honestly, I was enjoying all of your drafts immensely. There are some really fun combinations out there that I could see making for some very entertaining movies. Well done!

Boone: that's just how convincing Steve Raislback was in the movie! Look again.

(05-22-2020, 05:08 PM)simbob Wrote: I mean the picture alongside Manson wasn't the actual Manson.

That's on me, then.

Really sorry about that mistake, Elvis.

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - hp pufncraft - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 04:44 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Kelly Van Ryan is a great fucking choice. WILD THINGS deserves a much better rep than it has, because boy that is a wonderfully nasty, sweaty piece of neo-noir.

I love how mean-spirited it is. I've been meaning to re-watch it soon.
(05-22-2020, 05:05 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: I ran out of rep, but Pufncraft deserves some kind of award for doing a Joe Bob Briggs drive-in tally on his own work.

[Image: giphy.webp]

I think WILD THINGS is on Amazon for like eight bucks. I bought and watched it last month.

I don't think Wild Things is mean spirited! Everyone gets what's coming to them!

One last thing, somewhere in the timeline Dirty Harry has to fight William Smith!

[Image: s-l400.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion - Alt-molt - 05-22-2020

This was a fun one. Enjoyed having my own salute to sci-fi action. Lots of great picks/themes all around.

Thanks for running it, Judas!

Everyone please get your lists in order. If you have a concept or plot, please add it to your list so that it isn't lost in the shuffle. I'll get brackets going next week at some point.