Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCP U/C: ELITE DANGEROUS

Listening to all of the upcoming changes (especially the planet updates) in ObsidianAnt's Youtube video, I think this is the year I finally take the plunge and begin my ED journey. I've been waiting for more interesting planetary exploration and it seems we're getting that now.

<<<<<<<<< join usssssss... join usssssss... >>>>>>>>>

It's 60% off on Humble until the 25th, btw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post

It's 60% off on Humble until the 25th, btw

I'm pulling the trigger.

Hmmm. What other video games can I make Codey buy this week?

No more! I have to pay for a dentist's appointment on Monday and still need to fix my car and I should probably be saving up for my possible move.

They should never have given me a Credit Card. :| But hey, they're two games I've been wanting for ages. Now or never.

Well this game is piss hard. I can't even get past the Advanced Combat tutorial. :\

I'm playing on mouse and keyboard and everything feels perfectly fine for the most part. Managed to dock with a station with no issues. But in combat as soon as an enemy Eagle gets behind me I'm basically fucked cause I can't turn to get them in front of me again.

AI'm missing this game. Need to fix my HOTAS.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

But in combat as soon as an enemy Eagle gets behind me I'm basically fucked cause I can't turn to get them in front of me again.

Small fast ships can be a pain in the ass (literally). Don't forget about reverse-thrusting and up/down thrusting in concert with regular attacking. Also, keeping your throttle in the blue area will generally give you your best turning rate.

Reverse-thrusting...

My god, OF COURSE!

As with all things the answers can be found in Hot Shots!

I'm here to help!

Doing some research and apparently I'm not the only one who finds that particular tutorial stupidly hard. So I decided fuck that, finished the other two and now I'm flying around the cosmos fulfilling my lifelong dream of being a space trucker.

And it...is...GREAT!

...except for the oopsie where I pressed the wrong button and boosted straight into the station I was trying to dock with. That dinged the paintjob!

But yeah, I'm loving this so far.

Cool! Are you playing privately or publicly? I can invite you to our private group if you like.

I started on Solo play but I wouldn't mind joining that group!

As long as I don't have to worry about griefers I am golden.

Yeah, that's why we made it, no griefing. We're hardly ever on all at the same time, so you'll still be mostly solo, but we still group up once in a great while. I haven't invited anyone in a while either, I'll have to figure it out tonight. I'll need your Commander name.

CMDR Codename: Astro.

Can a person change that name? Cause I kind of want a cheesy sci-fi name right now...

And mad respect for having an impressive character creator Elite.

I assume you can name yourself whatever you want. You can also name your ship, and give it an I.D..

Awesome.

Well while you guys are out piratin' I shall be sailing of a different sort this weekend.

I'll be on this weekend too. Keeping the time difference in mind, I'll PM you if you want to wing up.

I'm liking what I'm seeing of the new planet tech which has turned planets from grey, boring rocks into places which actually look distinct. I hear they're introducing stuff in stages throughout the year? Will be interesting to see what the planets look like by the end of 2018.

The 3.0 Beyond - First Chapter drops tomorrow for EBig Grin, featuring the new Chieftain ship, planet visuals update, engineering and crime & punishment changes, and a bunch of other stuff. The release is for all platforms.

I'll probably be diving back in for a bit after a fairly long break.

Yeah, I'll be dipping back in this weekend I think.

I reckon I'll be pretty free this weekend, so I might jump in as well.

I need to put some time in and get a non-starter ship.

So I'm in too!

I'll be jumping in once I find me a sugarmomma who'll buy me all the stuff I need to create a mini-cockpit, along with a top notch VR headset.

In the meantime, here's a video I watched last night that made me laugh more than once:

Out of rep, but that video is great. But someone needs to tell him about Voice Attack, he'll never have to press more than four or five buttons ever again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

But someone needs to tell him about Voice Attack, he'll never have to press more than four or five buttons ever again.

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I watched it!

So do we have a Chewer Commander Registry? I can always do with some more Space Friends.

I'm CMDR DKesserich.

CMDR Codename:Astro here.

CMDR Jacob Singer, reporting for duty.

I added the Brian Blessed voice pack to my crew this week. Nobody can say "Increasing power to weapons!" like Blessed.

I'll send friend requests to you guys next this afternoon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

CMDR Codename:Astro here.

I tried every variation of CODENAME:ASTRO I could think of, but no dice.

I hate that name anyway, gonna change it and start fresh. 

...as soon as this update's done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

I added the Brian Blessed voice pack to my crew this week.

If you don't have the Flash Gordon soundtrack playing during gameplay, I'll be terribly disappointed.

Also, if anyone here wants to join our private group, the group name is BOBA FETCH

Private groups are just like playing in solo mode, except you can team up with friends with no risk of griefing. There's no obligation to play together or anything, it's just there as an option. Teaming up can help the first few hours of acclimation more worthwhile, as you can complete more lucrative missions safely.

If you send a join request, lemme know, as my roommate hosts the group and I'll have to nudge him to accept the request.

As for the Flash Gordon soundtrack:

If I request and join the private group, do I lose my progress or does it just import?

Just re-installed this yesterday.  Haven't touched it yet. The X-Axis n my HOTAS is messed up, so I'm thinking about re-learning controls either on a controller or M&K.  Also need to re-download ROCAT (I think that's what it was called) so I can use my tablet for extra controls.  I think last I left my ship I was headed out beyond known space, and I'm stuck on some planet on a buggy because I couldn't figure out how to load back onto my ship.