Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewers' Pets

Holy hell, those are big nail clippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd40 View Post

Ok, it's been a month. I think I am safe to post the new pup. She is 9 months old and about 35 pounds. Boxer/Shepherd mix. We adopted her as Kiara, but we renamed her to Harley. She had a super severe ear infection when we first got her. That has been treated, but you can see bits of it in the photo if you care to look hard enough. Then she got Giardia and Hookworm. Fuck. She has been treated for that. Hopefully that is behind us -- we'll find out in about a week when her shit is tested again. She's ridiculously smart and a super cuddler. She gets along with the other two dogs pretty well, although they do get agitated with her energy from time to time.

You got another pup?

Your energy level with all that's going on is pretty impressive.  Cute doggo.

She is -- thank you!

We had to get another one. Of the two we already had, one is a 14 year old Shepherd. He's chugging along, but his time is coming. As morbid as it may sound we had to get another to back fill since the Dachshund needs a companion. The last new one that we had to give back was adopted for the same reason. I don't love having three dogs. Hell, I don't love having one dog, but my wife does and I like being married.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40 View Post

...  I like being married.

Say no more.

Can someone tell me how to post pics now?

(03-05-2018, 12:44 PM)jacob singer Wrote: Can someone tell me how to post pics now?

Click PREVIEW POST and you get a full editor, much like before.
Yeah, but the "Insert An Image" button wants me to enter a URL.

ah, you're right. You can't just upload an image.
(03-05-2018, 12:45 PM)flint Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 12:44 PM)jacob singer Wrote: Can someone tell me how to post pics now?

Click PREVIEW POST and you get a full editor, much like before.

Or click the 'New Reply' button.

'Local' photos need to be added via the 'new attachment' option below the main post window.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Testing:

Ok, that was WAY too big. You apparently have to re-size photos manually.

Let's try again:

Attached Files Image(s)

Joe said in the other thread that he was increasing the allowed picture size. Try again.
File size wasn't the issue, just screen space. Re-sizing the photo works.

Now THAT is a gorgeous cat.
That's Lucy, my Main Cat. This is Charley, my Emergency Back-Up Cat:

Attached Files Image(s)

"Back-up cat."
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
Those are some adorable animals wd40 and Jacob.

This is Lily and Robin. I didn't name them but damn do I love these pups:

Attached Files Image(s)

"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(09-07-2015, 10:11 PM)Rylander Wrote: One of my cats is possibly knocking on heavens door. Mojo is his name, he is about 16 years old and has lost a lot of weight recently.  I feel so bad that I didn't even notice how poorly he was doing until today. It sounds like he has kidney and liver issues and might be diabetic.  The gray one is named Toby.

The bell tolled for Toby yesterday, sadly.  About three weeks ago I took him to the vet because he wasn't eating and they told me that he had a tumor near his throat.  They gave me an antibiotic liquid medicine to help reduce the inflammation and it helped for a few days but then he stopped eating again.  He had other issues as well like congestion in his lungs and breathing difficulties.  He was 18.  Eventually I decided to end his suffering.  For the first time in 18+ years I do not have a pet.  I will remedy that eventually.
My sincerest condolences, Rylander. Even though he was 18, that sucks.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Thanks Neil.  Yes, he had a great, long life and got to spend most of it with his brother.

They were born to a stray in my friend's yard in 2000, and actually had different fathers.  My friend that lived there saw stray tomcats of both black and gray in his area, and the previous litter by the same mama cat was also one black and one gray (he kept the black one). In the litter my boys were in there were also three white-slightly calico cats that looked like the mama.

So I had not one but two junior tomcats with giant tails and raised them like housecats.  It was pretty awesome.

Pic from about 5 years ago

[attachment=2511]
My condolences, Rylander.

Ringo Dingo is gonna turn 10 years old this september, and Im fully aware that Im not emotionally ready for him to depart from natural causes; the two previous dogs my family had were a beloved yorkie who was killed by a german shepherd when I was 5, and a fox terrier that survived distemper but got run over by a car in my early teens; it took me  a decade to give another dog a try.

To say I adore this little guy and that he has made my life better is an understatement
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
I feel you Rylander, had to put our dog down in January.  Yesterday's snowfall was a painful reminder that she'd have been in figurative heaven, but is actually there instead.

Apparently, it's National Beagle Day, so happy day to my awesome beagle Bennie! She turns 13 later this year.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-22-2019, 02:51 PM)Mangy Wrote: Apparently, it's National Beagle Day, so happy day to my awesome beagle Bennie! She turns 13 later this year.

13!  

That's a great run.  Looks like a very happy dog.

We had to put down our beloved cat, Wiley, last Thursday. He was 20 and a half years old. My wife and I are having a really, really hard time with our grief.

We went to the humane society on Saturday. I felt a need to be around cats, and it ended up being very cathartic. So cathartic that we went back yesterday (Sunday) and got two kittens. I'll post pictures later but for now, just know that they're not littermates but they were born on the same day 2 and a half months ago. One has a respiratory thing that he's getting over so we have them both quarantined in rooms in our basement where we are letting them settle in and get used to the 'smell' of the house. We take them out one at a time and let them explore. The meds run out of the 'sick' cat on Thursday, so we'll do a proper introduction then and let them have free reign of the house.

These guys won't replace Wiley but they will give us a new direction to focus on. I sure do miss Wiley though...what I wouldn't give to have another 20 years with the little fucker.
Getting a new pet is never a replacement of the one that you lost. Those kittens will have their own place in your life and your heart separate from Wiley. They needed you and now they're in a good home. That's the good (if that's the right word) that comes from a loss. My condolences JB..
Sorry for your loss dude. Had to put down my dog in January, which was rough, but she was a 17 year old 100 pound malamute, and basically made the choice easier. She was in pain and dying. Same with my 19 year old childhood cat, she fought a raccoon a few weeks before the end, lost a tooth, despite being in complete renal failure. I'm dreading eventually losing my current cat, as I inherited her from my brother. Love her to death, and she's a connection to him, so that's gonna be rough.
Our cat just started failing. He'd had rough patches before but he was pooping and peeing outside of his box more consistently, and he was barfing all the time as well. He was also down to 7.6 lbs (his standard, healthy weight up until a few years ago was around 12 lbs) so honestly, putting him down was the right thing to do. That doesn't make it any easier, though. Seriously, I'm having a harder time with my grief over Wiley than I am over my father who passed away a year and a half ago.
OK, here you go.  I present to you Felix and Oscar.  Best I could do considering how squirrely they both were.

Felix:
[Image: 20190819_111230.jpg?width=282&height=376]

Oscar:
[Image: 20190819_115933.jpg?width=282&height=376]
Daaaaaaaaww!
Not my cat, but this had to be shared:

[Image: 6ijeq7gl8fk41.jpg?width=750&auto=webp&s=...88349881a8]

OH LAWD, HE COMIN'!!!!

[Image: Ujcae2r.jpg]
My man demonstrating proper loaf technique. In these trying times, remember to always keep your paw cannons charged with biothermal energy.
I'm curious, can you make that picture any bigger?
Is it not displaying right? Looks sized to the window on my mobile browser.
(03-25-2020, 07:32 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Is it not displaying right? Looks sized to the window on my mobile browser.

It's effing HUGE.  Open this on your computer and you'll see what I mean.
[Image: Ujcae2r.jpg]

Smallified