Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
https://qz.com/1230264/read-the-letter-a...epartment/

So if this is all legit, the "Deep State" is real...and it's Republican.
Mueller's subpoenaing Trump Org documents.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/po...&smtyp=cur
Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/po...ussia.html
Beware the Idea of March, motherfucker!
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti

Hee. Hee. Hee.
(03-15-2018, 02:06 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Beware the Idea of March

What is the Idea of March?  Is that like A Dream of Spring? Never coming out.
bailey

Quote:What is the Idea of March?  Is that like A Dream of Spring? Never coming out.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Keep in mind the NYT story seems to indicate the subpoena for the Trump Co's docs wasn't a one time thing, and has already taken place. We're just hearing about it now.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(03-15-2018, 01:52 PM)jmacq1 Wrote: https://qz.com/1230264/read-the-letter-a...epartment/

So if this is all legit, the "Deep State" is real...and it's Republican.

Accuse others that of which you yourself are guilty.  Classic.
The Idea of March was an autocorrect goof, but I’m keeping it. If he can have a thousand misspellings, I can have won or too.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(03-15-2018, 02:06 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Beware the Idea of March, motherfucker!

Also the IKEA of March. Parking is a nightmare.

(03-15-2018, 02:46 PM)jacob singer Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 02:06 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Beware the Idea of March, motherfucker!

Also the IKEA of March. Parking is a nightmare.

And The Madea of March, Tyler Perry's most personal film.
Russia has already started meddling in U.S. elections for the mid-terms, it seems:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electio...on-n856801

Quote:Next Saturday, March 24, hundreds of Texas Democratic Party activists will gather at the Austin Hyatt Regency to nominate candidates for political office in Travis County, a kick-off event leading up to the 2018 midterm elections. 

But some people who tried to register will not be attending, among them Candida McGruder. Gustavo Chubb. Geraldo Tinsley. Vincent Amundson. Roxie Male. 

That's because these five individuals and 43 others who signed up to attend don't appear to be Travis County residents, or Texans, or even Americans. They might not even be real people. They may be pranksters — or they may be Russian trolls, and their appearance in Texas could represent the first public example of foreign probing of the 2018 elections. 

Five senior intelligence officers, two current and three former, say the case of the Texas 48 looks like Russian meddling. And they tell NBC News that despite the clumsiness of the failed registrations, the Texas case fits a pattern of Russian behavior seen in its covert operations. 
Gustavo Chubb is definitely a character from a Terry Gilliam film.
I'm really tempted to ask Nick to change my name here to Gustavo Chubb.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
What do you want to bet that every Republican that hyperventilates at every half-baked tale of hypothetical voter fraud shuts right the fuck up whenever this comes up?
The usual attacks from Trump wont work against Stormy Daniels
The fact that Mueller didn't request the information from the Trump Organization makes it seem pretty obvious that he knew the people there wouldn't have cooperated fully.
(03-15-2018, 04:59 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: The fact that Mueller didn't request the information from the Trump Organization makes it seem pretty obvious that he knew the people there wouldn't have cooperated fully.
Now that's hardly fair. It's not like they've ever held an armed standoff while shredding documents over a hotel eviction or anything.
(03-15-2018, 05:03 PM)commodorejohn Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:59 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: The fact that Mueller didn't request the information from the Trump Organization makes it seem pretty obvious that he knew the people there wouldn't have cooperated fully.
Now that's hardly fair. It's not like they've ever held an armed standoff while shredding documents over a hotel eviction or anything.

Or like that time documents regarding a New York real estate deal "flooded" in two separate off-site locations and couldn't be found for prosecutors.
Fox News just renewed a multi-year deal with Shepard Smith:

http://www.variety.com/2018/tv/news/fox-...202727796/

...Who's pretty much the one remaining spot of journalistic credibility at that entire network.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

The "Donald Jr's marriage is on the rocks" story just evolved into a "Donald Jr's wife has filed for divorce" story.

Maybe she's ditching him in anticipation of legal charges. 

Maybe he's moving his assets to her name in anticipation of legal charges.

Maybe he thinks he's moving his assets to her name in anticipation of legal charges, but she's really anticipating disappearing with the money while he's in jail.
A love story for the ages:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/21/arts/2...11735.html

I mean, I take issue with the language but she's not wrong.
A FOIA request shows Steve Mnuchin spent $1 million flying on military aircraft... so far:

https://www.citizensforethics.org/press-...documents/

Quote:Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has billed taxpayers for the most expensive flight options available at every turn, appearing to never even consider flying commercial as his predecessors did, according to previously unreleased documents obtained by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW).

CREW filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for Mnuchin’s flight records following a military jet trip to Fort Knox, KY with his wife, Louise Linton, which coincided with the eclipse. The Treasury Department failed to turn over any records, leading CREW to sue. Months later, CREW received records which, though heavily redacted, showed that Mnuchin apparently abused his access to military and non-commercial aircraft for both business travel and occasional personal travel.

“From the documents we obtained, it appears Secretary Mnuchin considers first and foremost his own comfort and ease, leaving the protection of taxpayer money at the bottom of his list of priorities,” CREW Chief FOIA Counsel Anne Weismann said.

The documents CREW obtained show that between the spring and fall of 2017, Mnuchin took eight separate trips on military aircraft at a total of nearly $1 million. None of the requests for White House Mission designation — needed to use the government aircraft — explicitly state or otherwise suggest how they are at the explicit direction of the president.

“The public still has no reasonable explanation for why Secretary Mnuchin apparently has never used commercial aircraft while his predecessors did, or why he needs military aircraft that can accommodate 120 passengers when his travel manifests contain far fewer names,” Weismann said.

For all that talk Republicans have of fiscal responsibility, they sure do live high on the hog when their in office with no thought of how it will look to others.
I know the Lamb win is a few days old now, but I glad that my neck of the woods came though.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
I hate the use of 'retarded' as a derogatory term.  It was thrown my way more than once in elementary school.

But in this case...

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%...ac.gif&f=1]

(03-15-2018, 06:00 PM)chaz Wrote: I know the Lamb win is a few days old now, but I glad that my neck of the woods came though.

You'll know something is up if my corner of Pennsylvania shifts blue this November.
From Twitter:

"Hawaii Rep. Colleen Hanabusa  argues against Trump's cuts to historical preservation grants, telling Zinke about how she didn't find out about her grandfather's incarceration in WWII camps until he was 80 yrs old.

Zinke responds: "Oh, konnichiwa."

https://splinternews.com/here-is-ryan-zinke-making-a-complete-fool-of-himself-1823802590

Mother. Fucker.
(03-15-2018, 05:21 PM)Reasor Wrote: The "Donald Jr's marriage is on the rocks" story just evolved into a "Donald Jr's wife has filed for divorce" story.

Maybe she's ditching him in anticipation of legal charges. 

Maybe he's moving his assets to her name in anticipation of legal charges.

Maybe he thinks he's moving his assets to her name in anticipation of legal charges, but she's really anticipating disappearing with the money while he's in jail.

....she's preemptively looking to avoid the conjugal visits.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(03-15-2018, 06:13 PM)bendrix Wrote: From Twitter:

"Hawaii Rep. Colleen Hanabusa  argues against Trump's cuts to historical preservation grants, telling Zinke about how she didn't find out about her grandfather's incarceration in WWII camps until he was 80 yrs old.

Zinke responds: "Oh, konnichiwa."

https://splinternews.com/here-is-ryan-zinke-making-a-complete-fool-of-himself-1823802590

Mother. Fucker.
I'm not kidding when I say this: Could anyone point me to a single intelligent thing anyone in this Administration has said or done? Resigning from the administration doesn't count.
I guess Zinke saw the news about Mnuchin spending $1 MILLION DOLLARS on flights and decided he needed to try to regain points in the weekly "Which Cabinet Secretary Can Be The Biggest Asshole" raffle. I hear they're giving away a car this time!
(03-15-2018, 06:31 PM)Mangy Wrote: I'm not kidding when I say this: Could anyone point me to a single intelligent thing anyone in this Administration has said or done? Resigning from the administration doesn't count.

My favorite Zinke story is still the time the announcement of his selection for the office of Interior Secretary unleashed a flood of revelations about how Zinke had misrepresented the character of his military service while running for Montana's State Senate and then the US Congress.  Not only had his military career been cut short due to a pattern of travel fraud, his own unit commander from the SEALs dimed him out for misrepresenting his military awards to the public.

I'm certain that that particular Zinke story has come up in this thread before, but how many of us even remember it at this point?
(03-15-2018, 11:00 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: Some Russian sanctions are finally being levied. Not everything that was mandated by congress, but it's something at least.

Also, we're gonna see some shit in the next few weeks.
- Trump is pretty much firing and replacing his entire cabinet. The suspicion is that he wants to get rid of anyone and everyone who might try and use the 25th amendment against him.
- Trump is probably going to try and fire Sessions during the recess, replace him with someone (probably Pruitt), and then lean on that new person to fire Mueller.
- Trump is going to get called on a lot of shit with the whole UK/Russia NATO thing. That's escalating quickly and dangerously, with Theresa May threatening to invoke article 4 and then article 5 within the next week or so. If/when that happens, Trump is gonna be forced to lay his cards on the table and commit to an action. It won't be pretty.

Shit's coming to a head quickly. Expect lots of news to drop in quick succession over the next few weeks as everyone scrambles.

It's been more than 4 hours, I'm calling my doctor. Thanks, Judas...
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee.

PSN ID: anakinsdad

Holy FUCK, Politico is reporting that Trump's opiods plan will indeed include the death penalty for drug dealers.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/1...lty-418488

It'll never pass AND the Supreme Court has previously ruled against the usage of the death penalty in non-intentional homicide cases (with exceptions for things like treason and esponiage), but.. Jesus. Donnie's got the bloodlust.
(03-15-2018, 06:47 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: I guess Zinke saw the news about Mnuchin spending $1 MILLION DOLLARS on flights and decided he needed to try to regain points in the weekly "Which Cabinet Secretary Can Be The Biggest Asshole" raffle. I hear they're giving away a car this time!

And it's a Tesla.  In the space force!