Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
Then that's even more pointless, isn't it?
No, the point was these were only the finest raw steaks, hand selected to meet the standards of someone who plays a fancy rich man on TV.  

Which then sat in your hot mailbox until you came home from work.
Nah.

When I went to Peter Luger's, I ended up buying some of their prime dry-aged steaks online. It was expensive as shit, but it was cheaper than flying back to Brooklyn.

Moving on, Trump's dumb and stuff, etc

Quote:Which then sat in your hot mailbox until you came home from work.
That's not how any of this works, although if anybody would cook up a couple of steaks and put it in an envelope, it would be Trump.
Well now I'm even more confused.
Why would you buy anything mail order you could just get in a store?

Probably because you're old, and you don't like using the motor carriage. Or it's a specialty product. Or you're sending it to someone else as a gift. Or you buy things compulsively.
I mean, it's just not that hard to get ahold of a decent piece of beef.
(03-31-2018, 04:25 PM)bailey Wrote: Why would you buy anything mail order you could just get in a store?

Probably because you're old, and you don't like using the motor carriage.  Or it's a specialty product.  Or you're sending it to someone else as a gift.  Or you buy things compulsively.
You answered your own question. In theory, Trump Steaks were a "luxury" item. Luxury mail-order food places exist.
(03-31-2018, 04:33 PM)Mangy Wrote: You answered your own question. In theory, Trump Steaks were a "luxury" item. Luxury mail-order food places exist.

I meant it rhetorically.  Just trying to answer the commodore.

Anyway let's all scoff at this stupid fucking meme a conservative relative of mine just posted.  Is it worth starting some good old fashioned family squabblin'?

[Image: 9jpseq.jpg]
Racists on Facebook can tap dance all they want to, but they can't change the reason why the Confederate states seceded.
I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure Cuba is an actual country that currently exists on the planet.

And had a pretty vibrant history before Castro.
Just this guy, you know?
It's amazing and sickening to see the vitriol these people* are pouring out onto children.

*Mom
Do you know how many fucking Irish and Scottish flags I used to see from white people in my Facebook feed?
On the flag... Hey, that's fine. If they want to dislike her for wearing a Cuban flag (Cuba = hate?!?), they can go right ahead. And we'll continue to dislike every asshole waving a flag for a treasonous war over slavery, that's doubly dumb because it's not even the correct flag. Seems fair enough.

On Drumpf's Post Office freak out... I'm not sure what Fox News idiot he's been watching this time, but the Post Office is not allowed to make any deals that lose money. Amazon is actually a paying customer that has increased USPS profits, offsetting their losses from people moving away from snail mail.

But hey, the truth has never mattered to the old man yelling at clouds.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(03-31-2018, 06:18 PM)Reasor Wrote: Do you know how many fucking Irish and Scottish flags I used to see from white people in my Facebook feed?

Also, the Irish and Scots didnt declare war on England so they could continue to own other people.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(03-31-2018, 04:29 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I mean, it's just not that hard to get ahold of a decent piece of beef.
[Image: giphy.gif]
All the care I went to in not giving shaun a setup, and he decided to just charge in there and take one anyway. Have a rep, sir.
(03-31-2018, 04:54 PM)Reasor Wrote: Racists on Facebook can tap dance all they want to, but they can't change the reason why the Confederate states seceded.

They certainly think they can change that, if the number of ‘It was only about taxes, not slavery’ posts I’ve see is any indication.
White House photo of the new interns:
[Image: 2j0mvdc.jpg]
Apologies for the glare.
I zoomed in on the lower left corner.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(03-31-2018, 08:50 PM)bailey Wrote: White House photo of the new interns:
Apologies for the glare.

You just have to wonder what these poor dummies hope to get from this experience.
Grounds for a lawsuit?
(03-31-2018, 09:57 PM)bradito Wrote:
Apologies for the glare.

You just have to wonder what these poor dummies hope to get from this experience.

I imagine they'll have the "Two Big Macs/Two Filet O Fish/Chocolate shake" order down pat.
"I can't wait to leak all kinds of shit to WaPo!"
(03-31-2018, 09:57 PM)bradito Wrote: You just have to wonder what these poor dummies hope to get from this experience.
A seat on the Moonraker space-ark when the white race is finally saved from the Brown Peril?
It's pretty shitty when Hugo Drax had more diversity on his staff.
I love how Washington's portrait looks like he's unveileing this, almost as if he's saying Can you believe this shit?
I've said it once and I've said it again; Trump got the GOP support and that of his deplorables/morons simply because he was the most potent whitener to undo Obama's achievements and symbolism.
Going from a flawed yet solid, smart and humane black president to the very symbol of racism, incompetence, amorality and white privilege its so fucking twisted it makes me sick to my very soul.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
That Sinclair news script shit is bananas. I felt like I was going insane watching it. Which is, hopefully, the only sane response.
Apologies for the glare.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4566497]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bro...e50ace36ed

Drumpf yesterday:

Quote:This month, we celebrate those who have exited the prison system & successfully reentered society. We encourage expanded opportunities...& emphasize our belief in second chances for all who...turn their lives around.

Drumpf today:

Quote:Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown pardoned 5 criminal illegal aliens whose crimes include (1) Kidnapping and Robbery (2) Badly beating wife and threatening a crime with intent to terrorize (3) Dealing drugs. Is this really what the great people of California want? @FoxNews

Note: those pardoned have already served their sentences; the pardons were just to make them more difficult to deport.

It's almost like he just parrots idiot blowhards at Fox News without fact-checking what they're saying...
Gamertag: Tweakee
(03-31-2018, 04:43 PM)bailey Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 04:33 PM)Mangy Wrote: You answered your own question. In theory, Trump Steaks were a "luxury" item. Luxury mail-order food places exist.

I meant it rhetorically.  Just trying to answer the commodore.

Anyway let's all scoff at this stupid fucking meme a conservative relative of mine just posted.  Is it worth starting some good old fashioned family squabblin'?

[Image: 9jpseq.jpg]

Belatedly: for that comparison to work wouldn't the people wearing the confederate flag have to be something like Southern "diaspora" black people now from Los Angeles or something like that?
It blows my mind how the conservative group-think displays its impotence.

Like that's how babies argue. "But what about them!!! They enslaved and murdered people too!!!!"

Doesn't change that the Confederate flag represents hundreds of years of slavery, opression, and murder. You don't get to cherry pick your history just cause "we were the underdogs" sounds nicer than "we wanted to enslave an entire people and fought for that right."
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
And Trump is celebrating Easter by screaming that there'll be no more DACA deal for sure, and no more NAFTA unless Mexico "stops the big flow of drugs and people" or some such nonsense.
(04-01-2018, 12:02 AM)bailey Wrote: That Sinclair news script shit is bananas. I felt like I was going insane watching it. Which is, hopefully, the only sane response.

Here's an article:

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-am...1824233490
the best* people...

Quote:Behind the chaos: Office that vets Trump appointees plagued by inexperience

An obscure White House office responsible for recruiting and vetting thousands of political appointees has suffered from inexperience and a shortage of staff, hobbling the Trump administration’s efforts to place qualified people in key posts across government, documents and interviews show.

At the same time, two office leaders have spotty records themselves: a college dropout with arrests for drunken driving and bad checks and a Marine Corps reservist with arrests for assault, disorderly conduct, fleeing an officer and underage drinking.

The Presidential Personnel Office (PPO) is little known outside political circles. But it has far-reaching influence as a gateway for the appointed officials who carry out the president’s policies and run federal agencies.

Quote:Even as the demands to fill government mounted, the PPO offices on the first floor of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building became something of a social hub, where young staffers from throughout the administration stopped by to hang out on couches and smoke electronic cigarettes, known as vaping, current and former White House officials said. 

PPO leaders hosted happy hours last year in their offices that included beer, wine and snacks for dozens of PPO employees and White House liaisons who work in federal agencies, White House officials confirmed. In January, they played a drinking game in the office called “Icing” to celebrate the deputy director’s 30th birthday. Icing involves hiding a bottle of Smirnoff Ice, a flavored malt liquor, and demanding that the person who discovers it, in this case the deputy director, guzzle it.

*best - definition to TBD
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson